FINALLY!!!!

slieber
slieber Posts: 765 Member
FINALLY have broken through a decade barrier in weight loss. It's taken AGES to get over this plateau - just about 2 months, really, playing with the same blasted pound or portion thereof.

I did note what my change was: I take a 2 hour a day, four days a week intensive ballet class. 2 of those includes mega-conditioning exercises. BUT...it wasn't enough to get me warm.

Went to WW meeting a week or so ago (usually had gone in just to weigh in, but this time stayed) and another member who's been losing steadily said all she does is a daily, 30 minutes on the elliptical thing, and that's it.

Okay, so I decided that before I went to ballet class, I would go to the gym and do 20 minutes on the elliptical, some foot and leg exercises, some abs (depending on whether or not we had conditioning that day - as we do mega-abs in the conditioning portion of ballet class) and minor stretching. All in all, about an hour before class. THEN I did the 2 hour class.

So far, so good. THEN my ballet teacher decided that she wanted to get back into proper condition because she wants to attend a dance camp next summer, that I went to THIS summer. So AFTER class, two times this week, she and I went to the gym, where we did a 20 minute cardio, some weights (arms) and stretching and a few abs (she more than I since I've done them more than once already that day).

So for the past week, I got 2 sets of cardio, one set of weights, usually 2 sets of abs, 2 sets of stretching - each time about an hour at the gym, PLUS the two-hour ballet class.

For the first time in months, I lost 2.4 pounds in ONE WEEK!! My eating hasn't changed much, either.

Thank heavens! All I need now is to try to at least maintain the regime, which will not be difficult as she wants to get together at least 2 times a week for a workout and I HAVE to do the warm up before classes because my old bones can't take class without a proper warm-up.

I'm so pleased!! :smile:

Replies

• slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    FINALLY have broken through a decade barrier in weight loss. It's taken AGES to get over this plateau - just about 2 months, really, playing with the same blasted pound or portion thereof.

I did note what my change was: I take a 2 hour a day, four days a week intensive ballet class. 2 of those includes mega-conditioning exercises. BUT...it wasn't enough to get me warm.

Went to WW meeting a week or so ago (usually had gone in just to weigh in, but this time stayed) and another member who's been losing steadily said all she does is a daily, 30 minutes on the elliptical thing, and that's it.

Okay, so I decided that before I went to ballet class, I would go to the gym and do 20 minutes on the elliptical, some foot and leg exercises, some abs (depending on whether or not we had conditioning that day - as we do mega-abs in the conditioning portion of ballet class) and minor stretching. All in all, about an hour before class. THEN I did the 2 hour class.

So far, so good. THEN my ballet teacher decided that she wanted to get back into proper condition because she wants to attend a dance camp next summer, that I went to THIS summer. So AFTER class, two times this week, she and I went to the gym, where we did a 20 minute cardio, some weights (arms) and stretching and a few abs (she more than I since I've done them more than once already that day).

So for the past week, I got 2 sets of cardio, one set of weights, usually 2 sets of abs, 2 sets of stretching - each time about an hour at the gym, PLUS the two-hour ballet class.

For the first time in months, I lost 2.4 pounds in ONE WEEK!! My eating hasn't changed much, either.

Thank heavens! All I need now is to try to at least maintain the regime, which will not be difficult as she wants to get together at least 2 times a week for a workout and I HAVE to do the warm up before classes because my old bones can't take class without a proper warm-up.

I'm so pleased!! :smile:
  • mzrobbie
    mzrobbie Posts: 33
    Congratulations! I know how frustrating it can be when you're stuck at a plateau! That's a LOT of exercise, so you deserve the drop!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    YAY!!!

I'm a dancer as well and those conditioning ballet classes are definitely a good work out but aren't the level of cardio that one might need to see changes. Good for you for finding the key! :flowerforyou:
  • Jezika
    Jezika Posts: 82 Member
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!