Protein Shakes

Options
Hi ALL

Just wanting to know what you all thought about Protein Shakes?

I have these every now and then specialy if im busy:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Dietagain
    Options
    Hi ALL

Just wanting to know what you all thought about Protein Shakes?

I have these every now and then specialy if im busy:flowerforyou:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Hi

I have just starting using soya protein shakes as I have read that protein helps your body develop muscle from fat and of course muscle burns more cals than fat also they were 1/2 price at the health shop. I don't eat a lot of meat so I thought it would be good to give it a try. I am taking these a couple of times a day before meals (don't like the taste though so only going to try for 4 weeks) if they help I may continue. I struggle to eat good cals when on a diet and end up starving myself which results in low weight loss and gain in the end so I hope the plus point of these shakes is they supplement me with good protein and they fill me up and help me get my calorie intake right without eating rubbish.

I will let all now in 4 weeks if they help.

Anyone else used these before it would be nice to hear of success stories or failures (am I wasting my time and money)

Vicky :heart:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of meat, so I find that a protein smoothie in the morning is just the thing. I just saw a TV show that was talking about how protein fills you up longer, which is good news in my book!

My current favorite is an egg white protein powder. I find I have issues with whey protein.

I don't "load up" on them, because that's only for serious body building. I do have 1-2 a day to make sure that I'm meeting my protein goals.

Hope that helps.

:drinker: <
    protein shake.
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Be sure to get the high protein ones (should be approx 17g) and low carb. some of the protein drinks I have found have lots of sugar, which makes no sense at all. try the EAS carb control. they run about a dollar each at the super stores and the chocolate fudge is good. you can taste the vitamins if its not really really cold, but I actually like that.:happy: if you are at home you can toss a can in the blender with some ice and make it all slushy. they only have 110 calories. I drink one before a workout and then a carb right after. seems to be working. powdered or fresh egg whites work as well. protein does keep you full longer. and although they don't replace fat cells with muscle cells, they do build the muscle cells and we all know muscle burns twice as many calories as fat . good luck
  • tonidemeza
    Options
    Be sure to get the high protein ones (should be approx 17g) and low carb. some of the protein drinks I have found have lots of sugar, which makes no sense at all. try the EAS carb control. they run about a dollar each at the super stores and the chocolate fudge is good. you can taste the vitamins if its not really really cold, but I actually like that.:happy: if you are at home you can toss a can in the blender with some ice and make it all slushy. they only have 110 calories. I drink one before a workout and then a carb right after. seems to be working. powdered or fresh egg whites work as well. protein does keep you full longer. and although they don't replace fat cells with muscle cells, they do build the muscle cells and we all know muscle burns twice as many calories as fat . good luck

I agree, I like the EAS Carb Control protein shakes. They aren't that expensive and you don't don't have to mix anything up, just shake it up and drink it. I'm all about conveinence!! I prefer the Strawberry ones, but the Chocolate ones are not too bad either. Best one I've found that isn't packed full of sugar! Good Luck everyone!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I make myself one with EAS vanilla protein powder from Costco after my workout everyday. I find that these fill me up long enough to get a shower and get some work done and eat lunch at about 12:30 or 1.

My favorite is:
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1 cup frozen blueberries
    1 med. banana
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder (1/2 a serving size)
    1/2 LF yogurt
    1/2 skim milk

And yes I loose weight, so far 32 lbs and I have this smoothie once per day.