High fat, low carb, low protein meal?

Replies

• danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Just eat some carbs, then you won't have to create threads asking people for ideas of what to eat because your diet is so restrictive. Just saying....

Or....you could be helpful or just keep it moving.
    Just saying...
    Because low cal diets aren't at ALL restrictive

Just saying...

please excuse my snarky comment. it was uncalled for.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Caveman Keto has some great recipes.
    http://cavemanketo.com/

I breathe I'm Hungry
    http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/

The Keto Subreddit is full of recipes, knowledge, and motivating stories
    http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Bump
  • Lisa6206
    Lisa6206 Posts: 57 Member
    Bump for the web site suggestions! Thanks y'all! Love LCHF!
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Avocado and cheese, nuts too!
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    I just had another idea! What about making like fried cheese? Take a few string cheese cut them in half, dip it in egg, which has fat!... then roll them in breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and bake them! So don't get low fast string cheese lol.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Vegetable stir fry? Add some nuts if that's not too much protein.
  • charlietruck
    charlietruck Posts: 9 Member
    bcattoes: A veggie stir fry doesn't have near enough fat.

OP and anyone else in that situation should look for "fat bombs" which sounds dumb but it's awesome.

i've been loving these (I call them mocha coffee cubes) and I use a milk frother for stirring it in, and sometimes add heavy whipping cream and a bit of stevia -- pictures and instructions: http://imgur.com/a/YYLwF

Basically Kerrygold butter, coconut oil, and 100% unsweetened Cocoa.

I halved the recipe since I didn't have 2 packages of Kerrygold.

I also have 1oz silicone ice cube trays, which are perfectly square, except a little bevel at the bottom. Makes a better portion for my high-coffee diet!

Yesterday I did a fat fast with them, and it went pretty darn good I think.

My next recipe is English Toffee Fat Bombs, which are meant to just eat, rather than stick in coffee: http://ketogirlblog.wordpress.com/2013/11/18/english-toffee-fat-bombs/

1 cup coconut oil
    2 tbs butter
    4 oz cream cheese
    3/4 Tbs cocoa powder
    1/2 cup of Natural Peanut Butter
    3 Tbs Davinci Gourmet Sugar Free English Toffee Syrup
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Vegetable stir fry? Add some nuts if that's not too much protein.

how is vegetable stir fry ever high fat low carb?!
  • teridene
    teridene Posts: 71 Member
    I know I am late to this post but for what it is worth when I want something high fat, zero protein and zero carb I will make two things. First is something I call 'high fat coffee'. I make a cup of coffee and add heavy cream and butter. If you can, whip in a bullet. Its delicious. If I am really hungry I made a 'cheese sandwich'. Two slices of deli sliced sharp cheddar cheese with kerry gold butter in the middle. Put the slices together and instant food if you are starving. There is some protein in the cheese but the fat makes up for it and its not enough to put you in glucogenis. I am a diabetic and neither of these two foods will raise my blood sugar even one point. Good luck.
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    The famous state fair dish of deep fried butter

What I was thinking
  • ND_Figgzie
    ND_Figgzie Posts: 1,480
    whipped cream right from the can!!!! Will give you some very yummy fat grams
  • blue_eyes_
    blue_eyes_ Posts: 18 Member
    Bump... because I want to look into all of this.
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Heavy Cream -- whip it (whip it good...) add a little stevia and YUM

Or Cream Cheese -- Soften, stir with Davinci sugar free syrup. Raspberry is delish!

okay, I think I need to go on a fat fast!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Bump!
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Tagging for good ideas.
  • BSJS94
    BSJS94 Posts: 5
    i'm away from the times i guess cause i've never heard of this diet... haha...
    i'm doing atkins.. it's hard cause i'm a carb junkie but it works.... anyone else doing this?? how's it going for you?

41112859.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Dianerlevac
    Dianerlevac Posts: 2 Member
    I follow Keto because my cardiologist put me on it. Bonus to it is that I no longer have fibromyalgia symptoms so hatters can hate all they want but you couldn't get me to change my way of eating EVER. Carbs=pain to me.
    I love smoked salmon and an avocado for breakfast. A little olive oil drizzled is a nice touch.
    Lunch is often a salad with cheese and high fat dressing.
    Supper is easiest and I often have butternut squash or scorn squash in place of a starch. Careful though, the carb count is high.
    I have found a fabulous high fat yogurt. Liberte mediteranee plain yogurt. Has 18 grams of fat and 5 carbs in a 3/4 cup serving. It's good with blueberries.
    There are plenty of great recipes on Pinterest that don't require you to add butter to your coffee. I use 35% cream instead of milk is sauces and when I need exfat
  • summersun512
    summersun512 Posts: 8 Member
    Broccoli Cheese Soup
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Avacado, cheese, pork jowl (has a pretty high ratio of fat to protein), heck cook your bacon and use that fat.