Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Replies

• asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    Bump
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    You all looks so good!!
  • There is so much AWESOME in this thread it's not even funny. I've got to update my progress pix!
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Love this thread! Great work ladies!! :drinker:
  • Sphyk1
    Sphyk1 Posts: 85 Member
    bump
  • JTNanashi
    JTNanashi Posts: 35 Member
    Bump
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    bump for later
  • punkyjones
    punkyjones Posts: 70 Member
    Thanks everyone! This post is SOOO inspiring!!! Love it!
  • neetneetneets
    neetneetneets Posts: 95 Member
    I've never posted in the forums here before, but I lurk a lot in the Success Stories section because it's just so awesome and motivating to see everyone's triumphs! The lifting threads are my favorite, and I finally decided I'd post my results this time. =) I love lifting, and I'm always so happy to see other women doing it too! All of you ladies look phenomenal!!

My before and after pics are below. I am 5'7" and around 138lbs. The interesting thing is that my weight and measurements stayed almost exactly the same between the two pictures. Shortly after I took the February pictures I got fed up with my typical gym routine and its lack of results--I was mostly doing cardio, with a yoga class a few times a week and occasionally a circuit training class. When that wasn't doing anything, I gave in and got a trainer who believed women should lift just like men. I've never looked back!

newbeforeampafter1s_zpsccfa3c65.jpg

newbeforeampafter2s_zps4535b301.jpg

newbeforeafter3s_zpsac19ee94.jpg

This picture is also from September--it just shows off my quads a little better. ;-) I was welcoming my husband home from 9 months in Afghanistan.
    DSC_0042s_zps67c45beb.jpg

Awesome transformation. And also interesting that you said your measurements were also fairly static. I've been lifting for a yearish now and measurments haven't changed much either, but it's a relief to know the muscles can still pop out regardless!
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Lifting 5x per week on a deficit and working with a trainer. I killed it every single session.
    PhotoGrid_1381545395505_zps593a6333.jpg
    IMG_20130809_195151_zps202d6e0e.jpg

My overall results of lifting from start to now.
    IMG_20130924_060656_zpsc30772ab.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1380639685183_zps218147ba.jpg

Amazing results :D
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    bump for inspiration.
  • sarahlisbeth84
    sarahlisbeth84 Posts: 3 Member
    Awesome transformation. And also interesting that you said your measurements were also fairly static. I've been lifting for a yearish now and measurments haven't changed much either, but it's a relief to know the muscles can still pop out regardless!

Yeah, and they still haven't changed barely at all! So keep at it! =) Another thing that helped me, besides just basic lifting, was changing things up a lot. When I was working with my trainer, he almost never did the same set of exercises with me twice. I still try to keep that up now that I'm on my own. I'm following the New Rules of Lifting for Women program now, just for some general direction, but I still add some things to that or change one of the exercises to keep it fresh. I do that 2-3 times a week and then the remaining two days I do something completely different.
  • GymRatGirl13
    GymRatGirl13 Posts: 157 Member
    You guys all look so amazing. Great work
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Bump
  • missashleigh92
    missashleigh92 Posts: 37 Member
    amazing seeing the results on this thread. defo keeping me motivated to carry on too
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    NICE!