I confess- Single Peeps version

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    I confess I don't get along with my family. Like, at all, other than with my sister. But, it is still scary when your sister messages you to let you know your dad has been admitted to the hospital with chest pains. There are serious heart issues on that side of the family. My grandfather died of congestive heart failure, and even my 22 year old brother had heart surgery last year when he collapsed during a baseball game and they found out he had a heart defect.

All the tests came back ok but they're still keeping him for observation.

Hope all is well!! Wishing your family the best.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    I confess I don't get along with my family. Like, at all, other than with my sister. But, it is still scary when your sister messages you to let you know your dad has been admitted to the hospital with chest pains. There are serious heart issues on that side of the family. My grandfather died of congestive heart failure, and even my 22 year old brother had heart surgery last year when he collapsed during a baseball game and they found out he had a heart defect.

All the tests came back ok but they're still keeping him for observation.

Hope all is well!! Wishing your family the best.

sorry to hear that!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Brega - I dont get on with my Father either, but I'd still be upset if he was ill. I think it's only natural.

Hope all is well :flowerforyou:
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    I confess I went to some Halloween parties last night, and felt so fat. All the women were dressed really slutty and were fit enough to make it look good. All of their boyfriends/husbands were in shape and showing off their muscles.

My self confidence took a dive after being there.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    I got the job I got the job....*happy dace*... Oh and the show was amazing saturday...<<<pic from the night
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    I got the job I got the job....*happy dace*... Oh and the show was amazing saturday...<<<pic from the night

Congrats!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    A few weeks ago I broke things off with the guy I was seeing. Not two days later I met a guy who is just absolutely wonderful, but I hate getting excited about things because that's always when it goes down the crapper.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    I hate getting excited about things because that's always when it goes down the crapper.

Unfortunately, I completely understand you :(
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    A few weeks ago I broke things off with the guy I was seeing. Not two days later I met a guy who is just absolutely wonderful, but I hate getting excited about things because that's always when it goes down the crapper.

Aww. Sorry to hear that. I unfortunately suffer from "waiting on other shoe to drop" syndrome. I hate it and I'm such a fun free spirited gal that its not like me. But guess I'm a bit jaded. I do try to remember, if it doesn't work out with this guy, there will be someone better... Always. There's always another guy! Of course, when you find a good one that we actually like, it's lovely!! Just take it a day at a time..
    And I started dating my bf the day after I dumped my ex bf of 6 months. No regrets! We've been together and inseparable since then... And no other shoe has dropped!! Lol
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    I confess I went to some Halloween parties last night, and felt so fat. All the women were dressed really slutty and were fit enough to make it look good. All of their boyfriends/husbands were in shape and showing off their muscles.

My self confidence took a dive after being there.

I know the feeling! Try to spin it as motivation and think how great you will feel when you get there, knowing what you had to battle to achieve the results.

As for the present, there are a ton of things to feel happy about other than your weight. See if you can visualize a recent success and try to stick with that feeling as long as you can. I like to picture myself as Mario hitting a block and grabbing the power-up that came out, whether it was a win at work, a risk I took, whatever. Sounds lame but it makes me smile every time. :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    I hate getting excited about things because that's always when it goes down the crapper.

Unfortunately, I completely understand you :(

Thirded.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Brega - I hope everything goes well with your father.

Grum - Don't stress it. Like Chris said, use it as motivation. :)

I confess that I went to a party last night, woke up entirely too early for work and would love to go back to bed.
  • jenbit
    Just put in my 2 week notice !!!:smooched: :drinker: I'm smiling today
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Just put in my 2 week notice !!!:smooched: :drinker: I'm smiling today

woohoo!
  • bregalad5
    I confess I'm proud of myself. I'm starting my second year of grad. school and have somehow managed to keep a 4.0 :D
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    I confess I am being run ragged. Work is wearing me out. I can't wait til late January or early February when things get back to normal.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    I confess I am being run ragged. Work is wearing me out. I can't wait til late January or early February when things get back to normal.

Same here... the theme at my office seems to be "this is the new normal" tho.
  • jenbit
    I confess I feel like someone beat me yesterday. @ hours of walking around trick or treating with the little ones and carrying a pillow case full of candy means that everything from my tush on down hurts today...

Also I confess I an copying all my music of my computer onto my MP3 player and holy Cr@p I have 38 hours worth of music lol
  • jenbit
    I confess that some crazy women just threatened to jump me at the gas station while I was getting coffee.. Apperantly her man was staring at me or something...Funny part is she was tiny maybe 5 ft .... Needless to say I remained unscathed
  • bregalad5
    I confess my body is so angry with me right now. I think I have an ear infection (on top of having a painful pimple in my ear), and my ulnar neuropathy* has been rearing its ugly head again for the past several days. I fear I may have to have the surgery I don't want to have... and in Russia... :frown:

*think carpal tunnel, only a different nerve and in my elbow