A goal for all your runners out there!

2»

Replies

• nikki_dw
    nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
    Sounds like an awesome idea! I'm a novice runner and trying to work my way up to a 5K. It seems I start every month or so and just lose my motivation... I need accountability. :laugh:

Have you thought about making a group and posting the link in this thread? We could all join, do check in posts and encourage one another.
  • autumnpennell
    autumnpennell Posts: 196 Member
    Sounds like an awesome idea! I'm a novice runner and trying to work my way up to a 5K. It seems I start every month or so and just lose my motivation... I need accountability. :laugh:

Have you thought about making a group and posting the link in this thread? We could all join, do check in posts and encourage one another.

I don't know how to do that. You coul call me a MFP newb
  • nikki_dw

I don't know how to do that. You coul call me a MFP newb

Want me to make it? I'll get on it now :smile:
  • CharlzO
    CharlzO Posts: 96 Member
    Count me in too. Snow or no, I'm on it. !
  • nikki_dw
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    @mamacoates elliptical works too! That's a good question, I've never done a group goal like this so I'm by sure where people usually track it, should we just keep track in here?

Nikki Dw has set up a group for us ... THANKS NIKKI. I have noticed that some folks have set up spreadsheets through Google Docs to keep track of various challenge info. I am not familiar with google docs. Nikki, are you? or is there someone who would like to help set up a spreadsheet for weekly tracking??
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    i'm in like flynn!!!

Flint. In like Flint.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061810/

You're welcome. :)

"In like Flynn" is also correct and refers to actor Errol Flynn and the success he had in his social exploits and the way in which some things came so easy for him ... It is a slang term that refers to"having achieved a goal or gained access as desired".

You're welcome ... :happy:
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    i'm in like flynn!!!

Flint. In like Flint.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061810/

You're welcome. :)

"In like Flynn" is also correct and refers to actor Errol Flynn and the success he had in his social exploits and the way in which some things came so easy for him ... It is a slang term that refers to"having achieved a goal or gained access as desired".

You're welcome ... :happy:

Yes, but Flint was the original and Flynn was a derivative of it. :) But, I have derailed this thread enough already.
  • So, 6.2 miles on November 1st for me. Will report back in after my run today.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    I'm in. 3.1 miles Saturday night (with Zombies chasing me through the woods and a head lamp on my head) 2.5 miles yesterday.

The run Saturday night was "Panic in the Dark" an obstacle course run, in the dark, through the woods with obstacles and zombies chasing you. It was all fun and games until there was ZOMBIE CLOWNS!!! There is no call for Zombie Clowns.
  • autumnpennell
    I'm in. 3.1 miles Saturday night (with Zombies chasing me through the woods and a head lamp on my head) 2.5 miles yesterday.

The run Saturday night was "Panic in the Dark" an obstacle course run, in the dark, through the woods with obstacles and zombies chasing you. It was all fun and games until there was ZOMBIE CLOWNS!!! There is no call for Zombie Clowns.

Omgosh that sounds like SO much fun!! Great incentive to run!
  • autumnpennell

Ok I went to the link but how exactly do you post your status? So we post it as a new topic?