Water enhancers....Do you use them?

HI everyone. I just bought my first water enhancer (Hawaiian Punch flavor). I drinking it and it tastes just like the drink. It feels wrong. Am I using too much? Doesn't feel like it should be counted as water now. What do you think?

Replies

• jazzygurl81
    jazzygurl81 Posts: 62 Member
    Personally, I don't like the idea of flavored water enhancers. I feels like I'm just adding more unnecessary chemicals and hormones into my body. But I get it; they taste good, will get people to drink more water, and it's a better option than sugary sodas. I'd say maybe limit using them once a day or so as a treat, should be alright. Or maybe try some flavored teas?
  • I use crystal lite sometimes because all that water can wear on you. I guess they are bad for us but so is everything else. I think if it gets more liquid in your system go for it. I don't use it all the time but on occasion.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    It's water.
  • chrishunny
    chrishunny Posts: 1,855 Member
    I like the liquids in small bottles better than the packets. I find I can use 1 serving (meant for 8oz) in a 20-24oz cup of water of teh liquid.

I do like the True Lemon brand packets, made with crystallized fruit juice and stevia.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    I used them as a tool to help me start shifting from sugary drinks to water. I didn't drink any plain water at first, all mio or crystal light or something similar. Slowly I started mixing them weaker and weaker, until I didn't use any at all.

When I get "bored" of water now, I turn to unsweetened tea. It is natural, healthy, and comes in so many flavors. Delicious hot or iced!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    No. The ones I tried tasted like unsweetened Kool-Aid.
  • CharlzO
    CharlzO Posts: 96 Member
    I do myself. I can drink water fine, but sometimes I just like a little flavor. I tend to go with Crystal Lite Wile Strawberry Energy ones, just like the taste. But I also drink flavored waters like Flavorsplash, and Propel from time to time.

Definitely better than soda!
  • Personally, I don't like the idea of flavored water enhancers. I feels like I'm just adding more unnecessary chemicals and hormones into my body. But I get it; they taste good, will get people to drink more water, and it's a better option than sugary sodas. I'd say maybe limit using them once a day or so as a treat, should be alright. Or maybe try some flavored teas?

this!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Water is my enhancer.
  • laurie571
    laurie571 Posts: 152 Member
    I did use them to get myself drinking water. Now I drink it with lemon.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    I use them. In summer I have no problem chugging down water, or while at the gym. But when I'm just chillin at home or at work, I have a hard time remembering to drink water. So having something flavored and good tasting makes it easier to drink more.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    I bought the Crystal Lite ones and I've used them once. Just not into it. I'd rather have straight water.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    At work (onsite 2 days/wk), I recently started using them as a 'reward'. If I chug 24 oz of plain water, I get to add a packet (meant for a 16 oz bottle) to my next 24 oz refill. I have a 28 oz bottle with volume marks on it, so I can measure easily and still have room for ice. This method has me up to 12-15 cups during a 8-9 hour work day. :drinker:

...now to transfer that discipline to the days that I'm at home.... :ohwell:

*ETA: I'm PO'd that my local Sam's Club no longer seems to carry 36 pk of Propel powder packets! I use those for cardio and strength workouts!
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    It's water.

^

if there is water in something then there is water in that something and if you're putting that something into your body than you're putting the water into your body.

I don't use it cause I don't like the taste of most juice, that's all.

I don't track my water cause I get it from many different sources - coffee, OJ, fruits, veggies, etc. If I need some by body will tell me: thirst.

Fact or Fiction? You Must Drink 8 Glasses of Water Daily
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=eight-glasses-water-per-day
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    if I want an 'enhancer' for my water, I put a slice of fruit in it.

I don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Personally, I don't like the idea of flavored water enhancers. I feels like I'm just adding more unnecessary chemicals and hormones into my body. But I get it; they taste good, will get people to drink more water, and it's a better option than sugary sodas. I'd say maybe limit using them once a day or so as a treat, should be alright. Or maybe try some flavored teas?

Kool Aid hormones!!!!

kool-aid-man.jpg
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    I love me some Berry Pomegranate Mio, so yeah.

I enhance the *kitten* out of my water.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Yeah it counts as water, there's water in it...

But make sure you're logging any calories.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    The only enhancer I need in my water is ice.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Teabag.