Blood Pressure & Changing Form

Options
PedalHound
PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
Well, the biggest trigger for me to start this transition had been that at the end of my pregnancy with my son I developed hypertension. There is enough heart disease in my family history that that really worried me. Then, the high BP didn't go down after the pregnancy like it should have. Scary. It got down low enough that I was able to stop the medication but it was still high. Well, I've checked my bp over the last couple of weeks and it's back down to a superbly healthy level. What a great week I'm having! I want to bottle this feeling and keep it for my next plateau!

Something I've found very interesting the last couple of days is the phenomenon of some noticeable changes to my body. I can see why there is a bunch of adjustment that comes along with weight loss because I keep having little moments where I feel like a stranger's body. I was watching a scary movie last night and at one point curled my arms up to my shoulders and was stricken by feeling my bones where I couldn't before. I also noticed this on the back of my neck and my collar bones. I'll put my hand somewhere and it doesn't feel like mine. I feel a little self-conscious with myself, so to speak. (as a side note, thank you for being the kind of community where I can be THIS candid about my personal feelings and journey.) I look a little different and I know it will keep changing but it's just.... weird. Good weird, but something to adjust to.

I'd love to hear from those of you who have lost lots of weight how that was for you; adjusting to living in a new body.

Replies

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Well, the biggest trigger for me to start this transition had been that at the end of my pregnancy with my son I developed hypertension. There is enough heart disease in my family history that that really worried me. Then, the high BP didn't go down after the pregnancy like it should have. Scary. It got down low enough that I was able to stop the medication but it was still high. Well, I've checked my bp over the last couple of weeks and it's back down to a superbly healthy level. What a great week I'm having! I want to bottle this feeling and keep it for my next plateau!

Something I've found very interesting the last couple of days is the phenomenon of some noticeable changes to my body. I can see why there is a bunch of adjustment that comes along with weight loss because I keep having little moments where I feel like a stranger's body. I was watching a scary movie last night and at one point curled my arms up to my shoulders and was stricken by feeling my bones where I couldn't before. I also noticed this on the back of my neck and my collar bones. I'll put my hand somewhere and it doesn't feel like mine. I feel a little self-conscious with myself, so to speak. (as a side note, thank you for being the kind of community where I can be THIS candid about my personal feelings and journey.) I look a little different and I know it will keep changing but it's just.... weird. Good weird, but something to adjust to.

I'd love to hear from those of you who have lost lots of weight how that was for you; adjusting to living in a new body.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I can relate. My face looks slimmer, the crevasse that was between fat rolls on my back under my bra line is a little less deep, and my bra doesn't chafe me like it was all winter. Also, when I put just the slightest effort into pulling on my abdominal muscles, my stomach doesn't protrude quite as bad. I'm starting to look hour-glass-ly again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!