One Hundred Pushups

Here's a site with a six-week program to get you to do 100 consecutive push ups!

hundredpushups.com

Replies

• michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    Here's a site with a six-week program to get you to do 100 consecutive push ups!

hundredpushups.com
  • Mattysmomma
    Mattysmomma Posts: 268
    THANKS NEED TO DO LOTS OF PUSHUPS. IWOULD LOVE TO DO 60 IN 2 MINUTES FOR THE ARMY....WELL C. i WILL GIVE IT A TRY.:happy:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Awesome, I'll be adding this to my plan! :)
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Yes! Thanks for sharing! I'm totally going to do this! I've been talking about wanting to be able to do lots of push-ups because they are GREAT for arm strength...and really over-all strength! SO, thank you! Maybe we should start this as another group challenge and post our progress??
  • msarro
    Maybe we should start this as another group challenge and post our progress??

By Jove, I think you've got something! :bigsmile:
  • kistinbee
    Maybe we should start this as another group challenge and post our progress??

By Jove, I think you've got something! :bigsmile:

Well...then let's do it!!!!! I will be doing them on Tuesday, Thursday, and either Saturday or Sunday. SO...why don't we start a new post weekly and keep each other motivated and updated with our progress!?!

Who else is in?? And anyone starting today? This can be Week 1 thread and next Monday we'll start "Week 2: 100 Push Ups." Sound good??

Good luck!!!!!:drinker:
  • msarro
    Sounds good to me, I'm in :)
  • kistinbee
    Good! Hopefully some others will join us! I think tonight I will try and do the test...but I'm going to a Body Pump workout right after work and that works the arms also...so we'll see how many I can do tonight. But like I said...tomorrow I will start with day 1 of week 1!

I wish you luck msarro!!!!:drinker:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    I'm in. Tuesday, Thursday and the weekend.
  • kistinbee
    Yay! Dothompson...glad to have you!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • kistinbee
    Okay...so I can do 15 modified push-ups right now. SO...starting tomorrow I will do 3 days a week!

Check back then!!!! Good luck everyone!!!:drinker:
  • msarro
    15 unmodified pushups. Not a bad start... will be getting to the meat of it tomorrow! :)
  • It is with great sadness that I report I can only do 8 modified push ups:blushing: :blushing:

I will do this Tues, Thurs. and Saturday or Sunday and hopefully see some improvement. What a weakling I am!!!!!:laugh:
  • msarro
    It is with great sadness that I report I can only do 8 modified push ups:blushing: :blushing:

I will do this Tues, Thurs. and Saturday or Sunday and hopefully see some improvement. What a weakling I am!!!!!:laugh:

Haha, you're not a weakling, you're just not used to it! :) Just think, you could have done no push ups!
  • Thanks MSARRO!! That is a good way to look at it. Hopefully I will see an improvement in 6 weeks. I will give it my best shot!! :ohwell:
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Ooh, will you have me in this challenge too. I would love to join. Looks like a great program. Used to do 20 pushups, but will do the test tomorrow. Or maybe later today, but just did a workout y'day that included many pushups. Would love to be able to pump out 100!
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    I'd like to join. This would be my first group to try.
    I absolutely want to do this program and will be doing the test later today.
    thank you for posting this:smile:
  • kistinbee
    Well..although I was able to do 15 modified push-ups, I will be following the middle plan since I do have rather weak arms. So, starting tonight. I will be following Day 1 of the 6-10 push ups. I'm going to be doing modified push ups starting out. I'm hoping by week 3 I can start doing the "real" push ups! :wink:

Well...Good luck to everyone joining me! We can DO this!!!!!!!! :drinker: I will post tonight with how Week 1 Day 1 goes!
  • Week One -Day one accomplished this am! I was glad for those 90 second breaks inbetween!!
  • msarro
    Started out this morning since my neck kept me home from work. I figured the shoulder stretching from pushups might help.

Did two sets of ten, a set of 8, then a set of 6, but I couldn't reach the seven on the maxing out part. Did ok though I think :)