my girlfriend is a stud,I'm a fem and I want to propose...

I was involved in an open discussion and the topic was marriage... basically it was a fem should not ask a stud to marry her because she is the dominant one in the relationship... I said bull**** flat out show me what rule book this is in and even if there was a rule book I would break that rule cause that's what I do... I love my girl to the moon and back and I will absolutely ask her... I mean what does it matter long as the love is there...

Just wanted to knw what's your take on this topic...

Replies

• MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    This TOTALLY depends on your relationship. If the topic came up and you guys have semi "agreed" to this. Then it's kinda up for grabs whoever proposes first. **** that would be the cutest thing ever if a femme proposed to a stud. I'm all for it no doubts.

Now if this were my relationship my girl already knows that if anyone will be doing the proposing it will be me. MOSTLY because i love doing outlandish and crazy things like this. I love setting up the stage etc. She knows she can't take that away from me. Also, once we hit our 1 year mark (we're at 2 1/2 now) I've known how I would propose to her. It'd be fabulous as all hell. Regardless, my point is as long as no one is bent on doing the proposing and your relationship is such that either could propose then why the hell not.

Girl .............put a ring on it if you gonna love it.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Lol I knw that's right... if I did she just would not knw how to act... she would probably be so loss for words and blush like hell... she'll say it's to girlish for her but would love it im sure...
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    YOU gotta ask her. none of that other shLt matters.

LOVE WINS. period. end of story. do it.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    If you want to propose, propose!!

I personally don't live by butch/fem, dom/sub roles in my relationships. I'm about balance and equality. I support people having what works for them in their relationship, but I'm also all for, if you want to do something as wonderful as proposing, do it.
  • Both of you are women and even though the stud is the more dominant one doesnt mean anything. Both of you are equal.. I think you should go for it if you both are deeply in love with each other..
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    In my relationship we both do what we want, and don't adhere much to the dom/sub, butch/femme stereotypes BUT my partner has made it quite clear that she intends to do the asking and it's important to her and she would feel awkward if it were the other way around. So I respect that because I don't want to take that experience away from her, even though I think it would be so cool if I surprised her and asked. I say do what you want and what fits your relationship- you know her best :)
  • Sphyk1
    Sphyk1 Posts: 85 Member
    I say if you feel that strongly go ahead and propose! :) Just thought I would throw in that if we labeled it, my woman is alll butch. A Harley riding mechanic that would come out of her skin and kick butt if anyone insulted me, BUT everyone in the family knows that Mama ain't happy no one is happy. Things get cleared thru me before it is final. I am thinking butch/stud is not necessarily dominant in the relationship. We have been together over 8 years now...that is like 30 in lesbian years, lol. I hope you are very happy together regardless of who ends up popping the question.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Yes we're very happy no doubt over the pass few months we are closer than ever... we to have been together 30yrs as you putt it... and I think it's time we took that next step...in our relationship she the dominant one and I'm the submissive one and that works for us... but when it comes to running the house,money or anything like that I take care of while she works... we been together this long and neither one of us is going anywhere...

Thanks for your opinion guys...
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Agreed with all the posters.........

ALSO PICTURES IF THIS HAPPENS!
  • Sphyk1
    Sphyk1 Posts: 85 Member
    That is so great :) I really love it when people are happy together for a long time. It just does my heart good! I hope I get to hear about how the proposal happens when the time comes. Do you know how you want to do it yet?