HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Now we return you to the regularly scheduled inspiration woman who lift heavy, have curves, look fabulous and eat a hell of a lot more then 1200 calories

Oh and don't look bulky even after benching 150 repeatedly.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    IN for part THREE

8oa7g4H.gif
    Not me. I wish this thread would die already! We all get it; heavy lifting is awesome and doesn't make you bulky.... o.O
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    December 2012:
    [img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/a56357de-455f-4ad0-b13b-571e5c46cdad_zpse34be33a.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/2f0c7722-0f55-45b1-9603-8eb90065f81e_zpsf1931b32.jpg[/img]

November 2013:

[img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/421ec9cf-8751-4f0e-87eb-364c958c25c4_zps823c2b33.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/70a7b442-a8b4-4ddc-9763-0e7c543b74b0_zps6ec6fd8e.jpg[/img]
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    IN for part THREE

8oa7g4H.gif
    Not me. I wish this thread would die already! We all get it; heavy lifting is awesome and doesn't make you bulky.... o.O

So you came in to tell us you aren't in?

...k.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    IN for part THREE

8oa7g4H.gif

You failed at the "Not me." part.
  • Shaylyn1986
    Shaylyn1986 Posts: 164 Member
    Now we return you to the regularly scheduled inspiration woman who lift heavy, have curves, look fabulous and eat a hell of a lot more then 1200 calories

Are you insinuating I don't have curves and look fabulous? This is discouraging and this is an encouraging thread. Please post encouraging messages only.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    IN for part THREE

8oa7g4H.gif
    You did READ this thread, all 3 parts of it, right. Seeing isn't believing?

Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member

Are you insinuating I don't have curves and look fabulous? This is discouraging and this is an encouraging thread. Please post encouraging messages only.

Well now you're just reaching.

And badly at that.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    bump
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    fed32bd1-9772-448e-9ec2-e4289c751c1f.jpg
    20131003_125816.jpg
    :noway: Words fail me! Amazing amazing work!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    December 2012:
    [img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/a56357de-455f-4ad0-b13b-571e5c46cdad_zpse34be33a.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/2f0c7722-0f55-45b1-9603-8eb90065f81e_zpsf1931b32.jpg[/img]

November 2013:

[img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/421ec9cf-8751-4f0e-87eb-364c958c25c4_zps823c2b33.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/70a7b442-a8b4-4ddc-9763-0e7c543b74b0_zps6ec6fd8e.jpg[/img]

:heart: that bulkiness girl!!
  • BAMarsh
    BAMarsh Posts: 72 Member
    Started with NROL4W in April and made it to middle of stage 3 before I took a break to finish training for and run a half, started Nia Shanks Train to be Awesome 3 weeks ago (decided I didn't want to go back to NROL).

Oh, and I net AT LEAST 1950 calories a day.

The before and the current butt shot!

584a5a2f-b5c8-4ec7-b5a1-58aa43a28e8b_zps596366a7.jpg
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    I heard this thread was getting back on track?

Dis is me, at the end of May, before lifting.

1lvLFMU.jpg

Dis is me, sometime in June, after about a month of lifting (included cause back shots!)

UnCKyuk.jpg?1

7urYFzA.jpg?1

And this is me now, Today, in November. (Taking pictures of my backside is hard, okay?)

OeNc87X.jpg?1
    eg3lv64.jpg?1
    yVbjk1H.jpg?1

:love: :love: :love:

You look fantastic, Chelle!
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    rollin_dirty_with_ol_ironsides-70761.gif

this is just wrong on soooo many levels...... lmao......... :smile: :laugh:
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Bump...so I can find again to see pix.
  • theberard
    theberard Posts: 25 Member
    I love this thread!! Keep it up!
  • SezxyStef

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well now you're just reaching.

And badly at that.
    Yah just reaching now and badly....if I was going to say somethign trust me it wouldn't be in "code" I would just come out and say it...

See previous post where I was mean.
  • SezxyStef
    I heard this thread was getting back on track?

Dis is me, at the end of May, before lifting.

1lvLFMU.jpg

Dis is me, sometime in June, after about a month of lifting (included cause back shots!)

UnCKyuk.jpg?1

7urYFzA.jpg?1

And this is me now, Today, in November. (Taking pictures of my backside is hard, okay?)

OeNc87X.jpg?1
    eg3lv64.jpg?1
    yVbjk1H.jpg?1

:love: :love: :love:

You look fantastic, Chelle!
    +1 fab results I think it's time for me to take some pics....10 weeks of lifting would warrant it.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    "The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute suggests that sedentary women weighing less than 165 pounds generally need 1,000 to 1,200 calories daily to effectively lose weight"
    via http://livehealthy.chron.com/sedentary-lifestyle-calorie-intake-3186.html

This is garbage. A 40-year-old woman who is 5'2 and weighs 135 lbs has a BMR that is higher than 1200. Do you know what BMR is? Do you know what it means? If you think there is anything reasonable about the recommendation to which you linked, I'm going to take a wild guess and say the answer to both of those questions is a big fat "no."

K now I am going to be mean, actually down right mean, not the "MFP Mean" where I say weigh your food

The Poster who says crossfit and 1200 calories made her bulky so she had to stop

GET OFF THIS THREAD

This thread is to celebrate woman who got their results from lifting heavy not to misinform people with inane misinformation that has no relevance to the actual discussion here...it's called baiting, trolling and hijacking a thread...now begone with your "bulky" self while the rest of us celebrate our hard earned curves.

:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

I said everyone looked great but it isn't for me and how I felt.

Welcome to the internet where we have opinions.
    The fact that women get bulky heavy lifting is not an opinion, it is a harmful myth. People use this thread for motivation and inspiration, I have it posted to my profile so I can copy/paste it over to welcome newbies who are interested in lifting but worried that they'll look like Schwarzenegger. Lifting while in a deficit is important because it preserves lean muscle mass and will give you better recomposition, lifting at maintenance is also good for preserving muscle mass, lifting in a surplus, you will add some muscle, but very slowly and it will not look bulky EVER unless you are eating like a bear before hibernation and lifting like, well, Shwarzenegger. Those facts need to get out there and muddying up the water with the notion that ladies can get bulky eating 1200 calories a day and doing crossfire is doing these new readers an injustice.

How many times do I have to repeat I DID NOT EAT 1200 CALORIES A DAY DOING CROSSFIT. I likely ate somewhere around 1800 because I was effing starving. My arms got bulky, the muscle on top of not losing the fat on the arms made them bigger. I'm sure the fat would have burned off if I stuck it out but I stopped because I personally hated how they looked.

Most likely what you were mistaken for bulk was your muscles being swollen from working out and retaining water. It would take years in a caloric surplus and lifting properly to actually gain enough muscle to look bulky, unless you were already quite muscular to begin with.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!