100 lbs to lose - Struggling for support

Hello! I am on a journey to lose 100 lbs. I have already lost 19 lbs on my own and 5 lbs with the help of MFP! Now I am trying to build my support system because I've been on this road before without a whole lot of success. I am hoping that with more support I can be held accountable and get over my first goal of getting under 200 lbs!

Is anyone willing to join me?!

Ally

Replies

• cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Feel free to friend me. We can do this. You've already started great. Keep it up.
  • kabdu108
    kabdu108 Posts: 14 Member
    hi Allison,

You are doing the right thing. I have lost 70 pounds on my 100 pound journey. I have only now started to feel like I am a different person in the eyes of those who view me. Hang in there, and really really take one day at a time. If you binge, don't beat yourself up, just keep honest with your diary, weigh yourself daily or every other day and stick with MFP. It's been a real lifeboat for me - not so much for the socialization but for the routine and the constant awareness of what I am consuming, how many calories I am eating, the balance of those calories, and how my body reacts to different foods. I'm probably not the best candidate to join you but among the millions of fat Americans, I can get there are a few of us here sick of being 2 people instead of one, ready to take the trek with you. I wish you GOOD LUCK, and STAY STRONG. Walk your talk.
  • PrintUSMC
    PrintUSMC Posts: 116 Member
    Hey,

I would love to join your support group!!!

Thanks
    Print
  • llsnowstorm
    llsnowstorm Posts: 3 Member
    I need support as well. Friend me and we can do this!
  • You're already off to an awesome start! I always feel like the best motivation is actually seeing the numbers go down on the scale. Best of luck! Feel free to add me :)
  • jUStPunkin
    jUStPunkin Posts: 13 Member
    You can add me as well; I have about 80 to lose, 4 down. It's a long road, but that's the best way to do it.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Feel free to request me as well. I have been down this road that I never thought I would be travelling again but here I am. I have lost 130 pounds before...maintained it for 4 years and then had a baby....soooooo....here I am again battling this buldge and it's NO fun. I would love to be part of your support group :flowerforyou:
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Welcome to MFP! All the best in reaching your goals! Make sure to give yourself some short and long term goals to keep yourself motivated when the times get tough and look over those goals often. This is a slow process, we didn't gain our weight over night so it will not be coming off overnight either. Take it day by day and know that small steps are still steps in the right direction! Call on friends for support if you are having a tough time, you don't have to go it alone!
  • dferrier837
    dferrier837 Posts: 1 Member
    Feel free to add me! I have about 110 lbs to lose and have tried MANY times before and am really trying to stick to it this time.
  • rswalls
    rswalls Posts: 157 Member
    Feel free to add me :-)
  • ElectricDragon
    ElectricDragon Posts: 60 Member
    Hello! I am on a journey to lose 100 lbs. I have already lost 19 lbs on my own and 5 lbs with the help of MFP! Now I am trying to build my support system because I've been on this road before without a whole lot of success. I am hoping that with more support I can be held accountable and get over my first goal of getting under 200 lbs!

Is anyone willing to join me?!

Ally

Hi Ally,

I totally get where you are coming from. At my heaviest I was around 303 lbs. Now I'm at 245 lbs, I've lost roughly 10 pounds a month in the last 6 month through mostly just diet changes. At 300 lbs I never thought I'd see 200 or lower again. Now I'm just 45 lbs away from 200, I'm hungrier than ever to reach that milestone. I just joined MFP this week and am looking for friends as well. I posted my story and some photos in my profile. Will send you a friend add.

All the best!
    Sam
  • shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Feel free to add me. You're in the right place for help, support and motivation. I have lost 100 so far, and working on my next 100. It's hard, but it does help using MFP. Good luck to you!
  • balsert713
    balsert713 Posts: 39 Member
    Feel free to friend me! I started with a little over a 100 pounds to lose. Lost a little myself and started MFP at 210! I'm currently 179 and getting under 200 was one of my greatest accomplishment moments! It feels amazing, and you'll have that day soon! I still ser myself most days as the girl that was over 200.. even at 20 pounds under 200 I feel it must be a fluke! Lol.

:)
  • vinny76063
    vinny76063 Posts: 133 Member
    I was there being over 300.... fell free to add me
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    yuz feel free to add me :)

that goes for anyone here

cheers,

Tof
  • girlcalledryan
    girlcalledryan Posts: 241 Member
    Anyone can feel free to add my, down 112#, 15-20 more to go. Super busy, but still fairly active on here.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    im not a very good friend, i dont really motivate, but i just want to tell you to go for it!!! you can easily be 100 pounds lighter by this time next year!!! the time flies, and once you make it routine, it just happens, and before you know it, your there! your to goal! so go for it, dont delay it like most of us have! i spent over a decade 100 pounds over weight, wasted my entire 20's! every year that went by, i kicked myself in the butt, because i knew i let another year slip by leaving me overweight, unhealthy, low self esteem, and feeling unatractive... just think... this time next year, you minus 100 pounds!!! GO FOR IT!
  • All of you are such beautiful people! Thank you for the outpouring of friend requests and messages! I can't tell you how much it means to me!
  • cjmcmillan
    cjmcmillan Posts: 75 Member
    Feel free to add me! =)