I confess- Single Peeps version

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    I confess that I have 1 day left at work (tomorrow) and I totally don't want to do anything at all... I did find out they are having a big going away party for me tomorrow lol the girl didn't realize I was behind her and asked someone for money for jens thing....
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    I confess I have nothing to do at work and I am bored.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Coffee dates... yay or nay?

Eh. I prefer DOING something. Then, if you can't come up with something to say, you aren't just staring at each other.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    I confess my cousin has hooked me up with her best friend from high school who is married to a pro. hockey player in St Petersburg, so when I finally get to St Petersburg I get to hang with her and go to a hockey game :) Gonna be fun!

I confess that while reading the first line I got somewhat confused.

I thought your cousin essentially set you up with a married person.

Never said I was the brightest crayon... :noway:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    I confess my cousin has hooked me up with her best friend from high school who is married to a pro. hockey player in St Petersburg, so when I finally get to St Petersburg I get to hang with her and go to a hockey game :) Gonna be fun!

I confess that while reading the first line I got somewhat confused.

I thought your cousin essentially set you up with a married person.

Never said I was the brightest crayon... :noway:

Haha I can see how you could read it that way :P
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    I confess its my last day at work... and my long distance potential FWB is supposed to fly in today.....:bigsmile:
  • bregalad5
    Meant to post this on here yesterday, too. Apparently I exited out of the window before I hit "Post Reply"

So, I've signed up for a lot of courses on Coursera but have never had time to actually do them (thank god they're free...). The other day I was browsing through the courses starting in January and came across one on Roman Architecture. It's totally my cup of tea, especially since British Boy revived my absolute LOVE of ancient history. His degrees are in ancient history and archaeology. Growing up I always wanted to be an archaeologist, which is something that has stuck with me into my old age. Why did I not do that in college/university? Long story, but I hope to rectify that in some sense in the next few years, haha.
    Well, today I got an email from the professor that was sent to everyone who has signed up so far asking if anyone would be willing to apply to be a forum moderator for the course. Yep, I applied. Full-time teacher, full-time graduate student, and part-time forum moderator for an online course? Have I potentially taken on too much? (I don't know if I'll get the position, but yeah...)

For giggles, this was my description of me and why I'd do well at it:
    I am currently in my second year of an online MSc program, so I am familiar with how online education works. My background, as seen by my education, is quite varied, and I bring a unique set of life experiences to the classroom.
    I have traveled the world, and have lived in Germany, Austria, Italy, and Korea, and I am currently teaching English in Moscow, Russia. My time in Italy was spent living in the heart of Rome for seven months while teaching English and exploring one of the most fascinating cities I have ever experienced. My colleagues and professors continuously comment on my interesting life perspective and worldview brought on by these travels.
    I have always been fascinated by ancient history - especially Roman history - and intend to pursue a second Master's degree, as well as a PhD, in either Archaeology or Sociocultural Anthropology at some point in the future. (<- no, this was decided long before that boy came along)
  • bregalad5
    Got to hang out with some of my favorite boys again tonight (the band Red):

Sorry about the size:

1450849_735513943004_1178075512_n.jpg

I love Randy's tattoo, so I asked if I could take a picture of it. This is his "hey, you've gotta smile!" "oh, I'm in the picture??" "YES!" face:

1469954_735513938014_86994664_n.jpg
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    I confess that it's been stressful at work lately, potential drama with another coworker and i'm proud that I acted professional all along even if in my head I wanted to kick her *kitten* :smokin: She is now persona non grata where I work and has blocked all opportunities of advancement due to her behavior and she brought this on herself.
  • bregalad5
    I confess I'm giggling like a little girl because Randy liked my picture of his tattoo so much he tweeted it :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MissingMinnesota
    I really want to go to a Wild game when I am in MN for Thanksgiving but don't want to pay $100 per ticket and don't want to sit in the nose bleed seats.
  • bregalad5
    I confess I've been in b*tch-mode most of the past week. I haven't gotten enough sleep, which means my fibromyalgia is rearing its ugly head on top of being exhausted. I didn't have enough time last week to work on this lengthy paper I have to finish by Sunday night, so I've been burning the candle at both ends trying to finish it this week. I overslept today... I haven't gone to bed before 4am in over a week...
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    @ Bre that's awesome!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    I confess I've been in b*tch-mode most of the past week. I haven't gotten enough sleep, which means my fibromyalgia is rearing its ugly head on top of being exhausted. I didn't have enough time last week to work on this lengthy paper I have to finish by Sunday night, so I've been burning the candle at both ends trying to finish it this week. I overslept today... I haven't gone to bed before 4am in over a week...
    Story of my life - work, work, work... though I'm using my own bones now instead of a candle that burnt long ago for me. :laugh:

At least I've started running again to "get the pressure out" a bit.

Anyway, be strong!
  • bregalad5
    Story of my life - work, work, work... though I'm using my own bones now instead of a candle that burnt long ago for me. :laugh:

At least I've started running again to "get the pressure out" a bit.

Anyway, be strong!

50-60 hour work week + full-time grad. school = insanity ... wtf is wrong with me?
  • bregalad5
    People wonder why my students love me. This is why! I drew this on the board during one of my classes today :P

edit: I have no idea why my pictures are always so huge. Sorry!

966419_736138416554_314523994_o.jpg
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    I confess that I frequently log in and check the SP group on Friday and Saturday nights. I see that no one has posted for a day or so and realize it's because other people have a life.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    I confess i've been a bad bad girl last night and I don't regret any of it :smokin:
  • MissingMinnesota
    Went to a wedding this weekend and loved their vows. They did not do the traditional honor and obey vows but stated things like loving thier individuality and supporting them. It was a small day wedding and perfect for the couple.
  • bregalad5
    I confess I woke up really sick today. I'm extremely congested and feel like I swallowed a razor blade (likely just really bad post-nasal drip). My co-workers all asked me what's wrong and told me I look really sick. A couple checked my forehead and said I was burning up :( Thank god for co-workers who are friends and helped me talk to the pharmacist to get some medicine.