A year with beachbody

suppakana
suppakana Posts: 307 Member
I'll try to keep the story to a minimum, but I'm just so pleased with myself that it's really hard not to gush. This time last year I was just shy of 200 lbs - as a 5'5" woman in my upper teens, that was the opposite of cool. I'd "done" P90X and its predecessor P90 (meaning I'd done half of each program! Never finished.) ...I was bad at sticking with it, so I never saw any really incredible results.

Then beachbody had a black friday/cyber monday sale, in which turbofire was reduced down to something ridiculous like $60. Whaaat, $60!? I jumped on that, fast. And I think that is probably one of the best decisions I've ever made, even if it was an impulse buy (see: impulse buys not always bad)

When I look back, starting turbofire was the real turning point in my fitness life. Turbofire was the first program that really engaged me, and made me have fun working out. Don't get me wrong, Tony is a hoot - and I love his style of motivation, which is telling you to do your best and forget the rest. But the way Chalene always told me to work harder, jump higher, strive to just.. just DO.. I loved it. I also loved the schedule - I never knew what workout I had the next day; it was like opening a new present every day.

When I finished TF I just kind of created my own workout regime; I started running, I did a mix of whatever workouts I felt like doing - which included a lot of HIITs, P90X yoga (which is my FAVORITE - ya'll who hate it are weird but I understand you), and running. Over the next months, I lost another 13 pounds, on top of the 7 I lost with turbofire.

Over the summer I started counting my calories, using mfp - the mobile app was instrumental in my progress. I entered hyperdrive for the summer, and went down another 15 lbs. This is combined with starting T25 in the middle of that.

While I've had a few speed bumps since class started in August, I'm finally getting back on track - about the same year that I got on the track to begin with. I'm excited to lose the last 15 lbs I have to my goal.

TL;DR: Turbofire lead to running lead to eating right lead to T25 lead to me losing 33 pounds over the course of a year

AND WHAT KIND OF SUCCESS POST IS COMPLETE WITHOUT PICTURES!

Before:
1422478_733661579981872_2088665052_n.jpg

206628_1653083450991_5659248_n.jpg

1450725_733661573315206_587083645_n.jpg

After:
1463431_733661606648536_582098180_n.jpg

1375068_710783202269710_938523800_n.jpg

1467206_733661576648539_2073033220_n.jpg

Am I done? No. Right now I weigh in at 164, and my goal is to be down in the 140-150 range. If I don't make it there, am I totally content with my body as it is right now? YESSSSS!!! :drinker:

Replies

• suppakana
    Aaaand the pictures are all too big. Should have that fixed in a few minutes; if you want to view the pictures as they're intended, right click and hit the "open image in new tab" button for now... Sorry!

edit FIXED DA PICTOORS!
  • NzBuilt
    NzBuilt Posts: 235 Member
    Wow great success you have done so well,very inspiring love your work you must be very proud with that,now im gona have unstoppable motivation thanx for sharing your story its not easy all the best on your further journey..
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Great attitude lady!
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    congrats!! Love the after pics. great motivation
  • suppakana
    Thanks guys! :D I'm glad that I could motivate other people; this site is so great for that!
  • Keke1968
    Keke1968 Posts: 10 Member
    Amazing! Congrats!
  • Grwat transformation :)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    It was pretty adorable that you added a "TL;DR" section at the end. :smile:
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    :smile: :drinker: Well done, you have done brilliantly and look amazing for doing it too!
  • dutchk
    dutchk Posts: 121 Member
    Beachbody or TF didn't do it. You did lady! I read a commitment to an exercise regimen, with an emphasis on staying focused on overall fitness, not just one particular routine. I read making a commitment to understanding and managing what you put into your body as well as what you are burning through exercise. It also appears that includes a commitment to healthier eating practices. See where I'm going here? You've got focus and commitment. Props to someone on a DVD who maybe lit a match, but you're the torch. Great work!!
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    SO INSPIRATIONAL ♥ you look great!!
  • wimpywrx
    wimpywrx Posts: 103 Member
    Well done you. Good to see it does work.
  • SheridanLT
    SheridanLT Posts: 47 Member
    Congratulations!! So so awesome!
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Congratulations! I hope I have such great progress to report when I hit my 1 year. Keep up the great work and being an inspiration to others. No doubt you will accomplish your next goals!
  • Italian_mom
    Italian_mom Posts: 192 Member
    Way to go! You look great!! I love Beachbody, I have done Turbo Fire, Chalean Extreme and T25, can't wait for P90X3 to come out!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Congratulations!!! You SHOULD be proud!!! You look awesome and so healthy. Keep it up!!!
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    That is awesome! Congrats on your success!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Congrats...you look great!!!
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    way to go! You look great and I can tell you feel great as well =]
  • Awesome job taking control of your health and fitness! I also LOVE the bb programs. On Gamma phase of T25 :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!