why do girls..

Amadbro
Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
Have to distance themselves? I mean I like to walk on the elliptical next to someone, it makes me feel better having someone near. Like we are a team?

Replies

• mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Or taking a walk in the forest, holding hands. It could be beautiful if only she'd let it. :cry:
  • IanBee93
    IanBee93 Posts: 237
    They don't know your intentions. Do you only do this with attractive females? Maybe they think you're hitting on them.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    aware
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,494 Member
    It creeps me out to have a guy on the elliptical right next to me. I mean, what's he doing? If he's behind me I assume he's mirin, but next to me...? Just wrong!
  • Amadbro
    I go to the gym to TRAIN not to pick up a date. I got a good woman at home so that category is filled. I go for one reason and that is to improve my physique
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    LOL this post makes me laugh.
  • IanBee93
    IanBee93 Posts: 237
    I go to the gym to TRAIN not to pick up a date. I got a good woman at home so that category is filled. I go for one reason and that is to improve my physique

Fair enough. People always think I'm hitting on them if I stand too close, or make eye contact. Sometimes I'm just not aware of what I'm doing. Now I have to act like a douche so they will know I'm not attracted to them. Try to stand two treadmills away :tongue:
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    There seem to.be the most oddly related series of posts today???
  • farmgirlrrt
    farmgirlrrt Posts: 168 Member
    If your true intention is to improve your physique then you should have no problem standing next to a dude.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    I have same problem ever since I lost weight and acquired all these muscles I have to tell them that they can't have my man meat. I have to wear a sign telling then to step off.

Fair enough. People always think I'm hitting on them if I stand too close, or make eye contact. Sometimes I'm just not aware of what I'm doing. Now I have to act like a douche so they will know I'm not attracted to them. Try to stand two treadmills away :tongue:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    They think you wanna throw them the ol banana
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    B.O. and cooties.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Some of them even get legal orders to keep you away. I don't get it.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Hmm, I never move off my machines until I'm done with them. I don't care WHO is eyeballing them or me. MY MACHINE, MY TIME. As long as I'm not talked to, I won't pretend I don't speak a peep of English.

If I'm approached.. "Que???"
  • To be fair, I don't like to be near anyone, but that's just me. I'm not exactly a confidence machine at the gym, so i prefer to stick to myself...in that bike at the corner by the window, hahaha
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    I like connecting to people in the gym too.
    Once I went and spotted this guy on bench press. His girlfriend did not appreciate it.

Apparently you're supposed to be standing at the end of the bench, as opposed to sitting on the guy's lap. Who knew?
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    She's conceited and thinks you are going to try and poke her with your cucumber. She is playing hard to get.
  • Amadbro
    Some of them even get legal orders to keep you away. I don't get it.

I know..whats the deal?
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    To be fair, I don't like to be near anyone, but that's just me. I'm not exactly a confidence machine at the gym, so i prefer to stick to myself...in that bike at the corner by the window, hahaha

Me too... but every time I am on the damn machine, people wont leave!
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Hmm, I never move off my machines until I'm done with them. I don't care WHO is eyeballing them or me. MY MACHINE, MY TIME. As long as I'm not talked to, I won't pretend I don't speak a peep of English.

If I'm approached.. "Que???"

Mufasa? Que pasa que pasa que pasa!