will squatting help me.....

So im currently trying to drop some weight, last time I lost weight I had no but!!!, but befor I lost weight I also had no but lol ...my back. And but have always been one over weight. Or not .s..will adding. Lots of squats help me?I have no fat back thier to shape

Replies

• Will just building mucel help
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Why wouldn't it? You're not trying to shape fat, you're trying to shape muscle. And your butt is pretty much pure muscle. If you do squats, lunges, deadlifts and other things like that, you can definitely form a nice butt with some time. Just like training your arms will give you good muscle definition, so will training your butt, or legs, or abs.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Try it and find out. I have a small butt but since doing squats/lunges/etc. it's definitely got a better shape. I'm not turning into Beyoncé or anything, but it's way better than what I had lol
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    squatting will help make you awesome.

You should always squat.

and dead lift.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member

You should always squat.

and dead lift.

^ in a nutshell, yes.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    I don't even think I understood half of what you just typed.

Just squat though.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member

You should always squat.

and dead lift.

This!
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Yes!

Just make sure you are doing them right or your knees may suffer. And don't forget about lunges, too.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    I also had trouble figuring out what you were really trying to ask, but yes, squats should help you... do that.

Squats are amazing for the butt. Also, deadlifts. And a handful of other things that work the glutes.

Squat heavy, squat often. Be most excellent.
  • Squats are the exercise that both suck and are awesome! Some days you curse them, some days you praise them, but i NEVER skip my squats on leg day. They are fantastic!
  • Leah_Alexis
    Leah_Alexis Posts: 139 Member
    Squat. Do it! You'll be forever thankful.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    And your butt is pretty much pure muscle.

Maybe, YOUR butt is pretty much pure muscle. Mine is not, as evidenced by my Oh so scientific experiment of poking my finger into my right butt cheek and having it yield like a loosely stuffed throw pillow. :laugh:
  • Thanks. I do p90x, lift and squat lol I just wanted some reassurance. That it will. Give me alittle. Something. To hold my pants up, how many should I do a day? Id like to see results by summer

.....be honest ill do 100 a day if thats what it will tak
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    100 a day won't get you where you want to be.

that's NOTG what it takes.

it takes WEIGHT. ACTUAL squatting.

Learn how to do it- then get yourself some weight and squat away.

now go forth... and be fabulous.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Squats will help and dead lifts. Add in hip thrusters and hip bridges as well if you want to take your butt to a whole new level.

Strong Curves is an amazing butt building workout
  • Squats are the exercise that both suck and are awesome! Some days you curse them, some days you praise them, but i NEVER skip my squats on leg day. They are fantastic!

THIS ^^^ love/hate relationship w/leg day but afterwards i always feel ggrrreaat !! LOL
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Squats are the exercise that both suck and are awesome! Some days you curse them, some days you praise them, but i NEVER skip my squats on leg day. They are fantastic!

THIS ^^^ love/hate relationship w/leg day but afterwards i always feel ggrrreaat !! LOL

True for me too. But after leg day I really wish I could pee standing up!
  • I have weights, and no how to squat, I just dont no how many I should be doing ...I do lunges. Like crazy!! ..what is dead lifting
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I don't even think I understood half of what you just typed.

Just squat though.

This. My brain did not computer. But yes. Squat. Deadlift. Hip Thrust.
  • What he said