What's your biggest challenge?

mammakisses
mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
For me it's quitting or drinking less wine. I know that if I were to just stop drinking I would lose alot of weight. So therefore this is what I will be working on the most. I'm challenging myself to not have a drink for as long as possible. Let's see how far I can go.

Days without wine: 1

Share with us your personal challenge.

Replies

• I am totally with you on this one! Giving up my nightly glass of wine will be tough! Seeing your post prompted me to join this group. I have really been slacking off on my fitness goals and need to get it together before the holidays. Gotta start sometime, right?
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    My biggest challenge lately is starting my day with the right attitude. For the last few months I wake up and say, "Eh, whatever. Tomorrow." and proceed to not track anything all day. I need to be mentally on track first thing if I will have any hope of making it through the day. Just measuring the number of tablespoons in my coffee as opposed to guesstimating makes me feel like I will have control. I have been really struggling, with no weight lost since July. I don't know what happened to the focus that came so easily when I first joined this site a year and a half ago! I haven't felt like I could talk with anyone on my friends list or in my life about getting back on track and staying there, so thanks for starting this group!
  • jellybeans37
    jellybeans37 Posts: 33 Member
    My biggest challenge is after dinner eating. I also will get down 3 lbs and for some reason lighten up on my good habits, and go back up. I am so frustrated with myself! I was just thinking this morning that I need extra motivation.
  • yeseniaramos1
    yeseniaramos1 Posts: 3 Member
    My biggest challenge is the nighttime snacking and poor food choices... I will be on track all day long then as soon as I walk in my house I am eating crap!!!
  • yeseniaramos1 me too! I do great while at work but when home and around those kids, the calories began to pile up and the holiday choclate people have at their desk at work too, I'm a sucker for those and i know they add up!
  • It's nice to see that I am not alone in my stuggle to lose weight. Growing up in New York means you don't necessarily need a car, which I did not. So I walked everywhere! I was weighing between 125 and 135 and wearing sizes 5 and 7.Then I moved to VA in August 2005 and stopped smoking in October 2005, started driving in 2006 and by 2009 I went up to the 160's. Well needless to say, I never changed my eating habits and my weight continued to go up. Always thinking about my weight has been a constant issue with me the last 4 years. I don't like to clothes shop, nothing looks right on me. I'm always looking for clothes that hide my middle. And just thinking about giving up alcohol is a challenge. Like the other ladies, I too like a glass of wine with dinner, especially a pasta dinner. Or an ice cold beer. Anyway, it's not like I don't know what to do, I go to the gym and have been watching what I eat, especially at work, so I can save some of those calories for the evening. I belief once we change our thinking about food, everything else will fall into place.
  • I'm a chef. I'm surrounded by people who implore me to "Try this" all day long.
  • Nightly wine after work....I also know that without that- I would be down another 20 pounds at least! That, plus, I HATE to exercise - but, it HAS to be, right??
  • newtonk520
    newtonk520 Posts: 35 Member
    Tonight it's chocolate! It's all I could think about when I was grocery shopping. It's also finding time to get to the gym. I can find a lot of reasons not to get there.
  • blackdiamond912
    blackdiamond912 Posts: 54 Member
    My biggest challenge is staying motivated to exercise. I get started and then a week later I am making excuses on why I am not exercising.
  • Mine is definitely lack of motivation and also bad snacking habits. I want to get fit but I can easily talk myself out of not exercising and consoling myself its okay to have that extra serving of food. Also I am one who snacks from the time I get home to the time I go to sleep.
  • blackdiamond912
    blackdiamond912 Posts: 54 Member
    I do the exact same thing. I am starting my first day of juicing today, I am going to see if I can keep up with it for 10 days.
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    TIME
  • mammakisses
    Well I'm now 2 full days without wine and my pants already feel looser. :bigsmile:
  • NikkiDT9211
    NikkiDT9211 Posts: 39 Member
    My biggest challenge is sticking with it and avoiding temptation. I haven't been able to stick with my exercise plan for more then 3 days. Plus I get lazy and not want to cook resulting in a trip to get something unhealthy. Self control has always been tough for me and it seems like it has been even worse lately. I need to figure out something to get me out of this funk.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Biggest Challenges:

1) Better food choices
    2) sweets

:flowerforyou: Wine used to be one of mine but I've done really good with this lately.... for about a month now I've stuck with only having it on the weekends and when I do, no more than 3 glass.... unless my sister-in-law and I get together. We both LOVE visiting wineries in the area and having a good glass of wine. Luckily she works a lot and we can't get together very often so I let myself have a few when she's over....
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Like a lot of you, my biggest challenge is after dinner snacking.
  • mammakisses
    So guys how are you dealing with those challenges? For me not drinking wine means to not have any in the house and doing different things to change my mind. Also I try to stay away from movie and TV shows that seem to promote drinking like "Cougar Town". Reading a book is usually a safer bet.

Share with us how your doing and maybe we can offer eachother some tips to overcome those challenges.
  • SkinnyWannabe30
    SkinnyWannabe30 Posts: 24 Member
    Biggest Challenges:

Staying motivated and consistently exercising....I do go for about 2-3 weeks and then fall of the wagon and sometimes takes me a month or more to get back on.

Chocolate, Candy, chips = JUNK FOOD!
  • :smile: I know ANY exercise I do, will be an improvement -so if it burnt 100 calories or only 1 - it was still in the right direction. I set myself a goal that a minimum of 4 times a day I would spend ONE MINUTE moving, and that gets my metabolism going..... the more I do, the more I can do. It is a change, so naturally we resist it, but the goal is being healthier which is a biggie.
    Just try ONE of these for the 60seconds:
    * getting up out of a chair, then sitting back down - do as many as you can, as fast as you can
    * stepping on the spot, lifting knee right up - keep going
    *whirling arms around in a circle - or punching air straight up - just keep going as fast as you can
    keep records and try to beat your PB (personal best) and you will be surprised how even one week makes a difference.

ANYTHING like these can be done ANYWHERE, it will get your blood pumping and it WILL make a difference. You CAN do it, and soon you will be doing it more than 4 times a day and/or increasing up to 5min at a time. Research high intensity training to see research into this, but don't go so crazy that it becomes a burden or you hurt yourself.
    I KNOW if you do this I can check in again in a month or so and I will see you have gained motivation AND lost weight.
    Good luck ox