Who is giving a car to his wife for Xmas?

Replies

• bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    I would murder my husband if he bought me a car for christmas... I can think of so many better things to spend money on.

But I'm lame and kind of hate getting gifts anyways.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    One thing about being single. I just buy my own damn present to myself. Strangely enough, I always get exactly what I want.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    One thing about being single. I just buy my own damn present to myself. Strangely enough, I always get exactly what I want.

I must be doing it wrong.. I'm not and I still end up buying my own damn gifts... guess I need to change something up lol
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member

I must be doing it wrong.. I'm not and I still end up buying my own damn gifts... guess I need to change something up lol

When I was married, she blew all my money on herself anyway. So by the time I was able to buy for the kids and her, I aways just had to go with the whole "I don't really want anything" line, because there wasn't enough money leftover for me to get anything anyway lol.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    DeBeers cause she'll pretty much have to
    ^^THIS
    4qHD6Uf.gif
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    I'm thinking about going with the Audi Q7 because she still likes the SUV types

13172854967.jpg

1:14 scale that is
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Just bought it. A mutual decision.

Nissan Leaf (all the options) all electric.

We now own:
    Prius plug-in (for my long commute)
    Nissan Leaf (an urban run-about that we've yet to experience range anxiety)
    Toyota Sienna van (for when the Leaf doesn't have the range, or we need the hauling capacity).

With the solar panels, the prius and the leaf..........transportation costs have never been lower for the family.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member

When I was married, she blew all my money on herself anyway. So by the time I was able to buy for the kids and her, I aways just had to go with the whole "I don't really want anything" line, because there wasn't enough money leftover for me to get anything anyway lol.

Holy crap! lol, I know what your talking about for sure.... Though I'm not the spender... It makes me sooo mad now that I thought about it.. I bought my wedding band because he "didn't have the money" and his trucks, his tools, his clothes...(shared acct) yet.. I didn't get a damn thing for my brithday!! ugh.. not even a fricken card... It's not even the spending that makes me mad.. it's just the thought..

anyways I'm done complaining lol.
  • mlauster
    mlauster Posts: 60 Member
    No cars for Christmas. But, Husband did surprise me with a Harley Fat Boy for our 10 year anniversary.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member

We now own:
    Toyota Sienna van (for when the Leaf doesn't have the range, or we need the hauling capacity).

With the solar panels, the prius and the leaf..........transportation costs have never been lower for the family.

tumblr_inline_mpoj0suTdT1qz4rgp.gif
  • thenewmanda
    thenewmanda Posts: 189 Member
    This! :laugh:
    To who's wife?
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    2lljcpj.jpg

As close as I would get.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Do people actually surprise their spouses with a car for Christmas? I mean, does that ever really happen?

I suspect my wife would be miffed that she wasn't involved in the decision process. Seems just a little presumptuous.
  • KindredSouls
    KindredSouls Posts: 188 Member

We now own:

SAM-JACKSON-CLAPPING-GIF.gif
  • jofjltncb6

We now own:

south_park_smug_prius.png
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Do people actually surprise their spouses with a car for Christmas? I mean, does that ever really happen?

I suspect my wife would be miffed that she wasn't involved in the decision process. Seems just a little presumptuous.

I've bought my wife a few cars for her birthdays. Not that I'm romantic or anything.

She just seems to break them in mid-summer for some reason.

And if I'm the one buying the car - she better be nothing but appreciative. If she wants an input, she can buy her own car.
  • jofjltncb6

I've bought my wife a few cars for her birthdays. Not that I'm romantic or anything.

She just seems to break them in mid-summer for some reason.

And if I'm the one buying the car - she better be nothing but appreciative. If she wants an input, she can buy her own car.

Separate bank accounts, huh?

Do you at least let her out of the kitchen to get a little sunshine occasionally? Maybe to the mailbox and back (but only after her chores are done)?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member

My dad did it to my mom once.

But yeah, I'd be like your wife. I'd want to be involved in something big like that.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Meh.
    I already got his car, his house and half his paycheque for as long as he lives.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    I actually got a car last year..So sweet of my hubby right?

Actually No! He just dumped his old car on me and got a fancy one for himself..Prude!