Something WEIRD that you realized you do....

Replies

• lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    I am OCD about numbers. My favourite number (if you can have such a thing) is 75, and I have an issue with even numbers. So I always stop the microwave on 5 or 7 seconds to go, I nearly always have 5 or 7 sips of water at a time, and the car stereo always has to go on an odd number (bonus points for 15 or 17). I think that's most of my number related habits. I must sound like a right loon. :laugh:
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    I eat my food clockwise around starting with veggies and ending with meat.

I switch hands when shaving my legs, the front of my leg I shave right handed, the backs of my legs I shave left handed.

I like to count while walking, chewing, chopping etc. I don't care what the number ends at, I just feel compelled to count it.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    I smell my food before I take a bite. I never even notice that I'm doing it, but people point it out to me all the time!

I used to do this when I was a kid and was teased a lot for it, it was SO hard to break the habit but I don't do it (as much) anymore lol and I'm more aware of it now when I do it.

I also eat apples the same way as the PP detailed, but specifically only granny smiths, other apples I just eat normally lol
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    OMG you people make me feel so much more normal...As in... I do a lot of these things, but I feel less weird because I'm not the only one!!
  • daynes23
    daynes23 Posts: 94 Member
    when turning up the volume on my tv or in my car, i do so in increments of 5. i cant leave it at 17, 18, 23, etc. must be in an increment of 5. ima weirdo like that.

Guilty of this one...

Also when I shower, I wash my hair first, then my body, then my face.

My parents also always freak out when I come home and suddenly the toilet paper comes from underneath the roll (I swear I don't do it on purpose, it just happens!)

When I make a peanut butter sandwich, the two sides that are touching when I take out the bread are automatically the inside sides. I just realized I do this recently and I thought it was peculiar.

The list goes on.....
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    I write the number "5" starting at the bottom, and I guess most people start at the top?
    Just tried to do that...it was weird. :)
  • daynes23
    I write the number "5" starting at the bottom, and I guess most people start at the top?

Are you a lefty? I find that's somewhat a lefty habit.
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    I shampoo my hair, wash off my hands clean of shampoo, then rinse out the shampoo using my hands!! But I can't not rinse them after I'm done shampooing( and shampooing is a pretty entertaining word)

Lol I do the exact same thing.
    Something else I do is wipe my feet before I put shoes on or before I go into bed, even if I just took my socks off or just came out of the shower, I have to wipe them!
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member

Are you a lefty? I find that's somewhat a lefty habit.

I'm a lefty, can't write a 5 starting at the bottom lol
  • panda_butt
    panda_butt Posts: 43 Member
    My husband pointed this out to me - I apparently will wiggle my toes when I'm excited, or happy, or eating delicious food, lol.
  • daynes23
    That's a cute one, panda!
  • KateEMD
    KateEMD Posts: 101 Member
    Another one... I giggle all the time and usually I don't know I am doing it. I giggle when I am happy, don't have energy to respond with words, when I feel uncomfortable, when it's just too quiet. It's a little strange.
  • IanBee93
    IanBee93 Posts: 237
    When I'm nervous I smack my pen again hard surfaces. It annoying for people nearby
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    I shampoo my hair, wash off my hands clean of shampoo, then rinse out the shampoo using my hands!! But I can't not rinse them after I'm done shampooing( and shampooing is a pretty entertaining word)

What is this "shampoo" of which you speak....? :huh:
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    When I'm eating, say I have rice, veggies and a pork chop. I will eat all of one thing before starting on another. Like all the rice first. Then all the veggies, then all the pork chop. I never start another food item before finishing the first.

I rub my feet together when I'm trying to fall asleep.

I giggle all the time and I don't even know I'm doing it.

I make up and sing songs about every day life, but only do this in the privacy of my home.

I'm a righty, but if I'm eating witha knife and fork, I switch to eating with my left hand.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    I bite my lip a lot. Most of the time I don't even realize I'm doing it.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Any little food, I eat in even numbers and if possible, color coordinated.

This!
  • jpeoples1177
    jpeoples1177 Posts: 266 Member
    I LOL at MFP posts like this and when my co-workers ask me why I'm laughing, I say something stupid like "this spreadsheet is nuts!"
  • imju5tme
    imju5tme Posts: 85 Member
    sigh... I apologize to furniture if I bump into it. *facepalm* Can't help it.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    parks-and-recreation-sometimes-when-i-poop-andy.gif