Underwear.... To wear or not to wear?

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    If you workout at a gym or run outside or bike or whatever you do....do you wear underwear?
    What kind? Do you have special workout underwear? Do you just skip them?
    I just can't seem to bring myself to put on pretty panties or thongs to exercise so I've been forgoing them.

Obviously this was directed towards the ladies but men feel free to jump in if you've got an opinion on this.
    I do not. I have shorts that have a lining or I wear stretchy things, but no underwear.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I'd just like to say that granny panties, boy shorts, thongs, etc all move around and are extremely uncomfortable for me. I don't care about panty lines or wedgie picking etc, I care about the pain the panties cause

And this ^^^^ is why.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    I'm curious of how many friend requests women get after posting they don't wear any......:)

How many have you sent out?
  • CharbyOttawa
    CharbyOttawa Posts: 49 Member
    No underwear when I'm cycling, but I do wear granny panties while working out indoors. It just feels comfier than my thongs.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    I think it's safe to assume now that the majority of the women at my gym are NOT wearing undies. That sheds new light to going to workout!!!
    Especially if they don't wipe clean the abductor machine after they use it.
    ^^THIS! So *NOT IN* for "snail trails". Take an extra towel to sit on, wipe equip with a/b wipe when done, etc. Please...?
    ar120725893942939.jpg
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    I had no idea...I have to say I'm a bit horrified by the amount of people who don't wear underwear, working out or not lol! So for those who don't, do you wash your pants every time you wear them? And don't you find skirts and dresses a bit...drafty? Sorry if this has been asked already, I didn't read the whole thing.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    I had no idea...I have to say I'm a bit horrified by the amount of people who don't wear underwear, working out or not lol! So for those who don't, do you wash your pants every time you wear them? And don't you find skirts and dresses a bit...drafty? Sorry if this has been asked already, I didn't read the whole thing.

This doesn't make sense.

For everyday wear, as far as personal hygiene is concerned, everyone has different ideas. I usually wear panties, but I guarantee if I'm wearing panties and hose in one I'm not. Why would I. There is a liner specifically so I don't have to.

For work out, do you not buy fitness pants with liners? They are better than panties, especially the ones in my Nike and Adidas. As for my running shorts, they also have liners, but a different type. They are like built in panties. Are you assuming everyone wears sweats to work out or something?

And for the record, yes, I actually do wash my clothes after I wear them once. Work out clothes, work clothes, week end clothes. Not doing so, to me, is freaking gross. Even sitting on your *kitten* doing nothing human sheds cells and secrete body fluids.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member

This doesn't make sense.

For everyday wear, as far as personal hygiene is concerned, everyone has different ideas. I usually wear panties, but I guarantee if I'm wearing panties and hose in one I'm not. Why would I. There is a liner specifically so I don't have to.

For work out, do you not buy fitness pants with liners? They are better than panties, especially the ones in my Nike and Adidas. As for my running shorts, they also have liners, but a different type. They are like built in panties. Are you assuming everyone wears sweats to work out or something?

And for the record, yes, I actually do wash my clothes after I wear them once. Work out clothes, work clothes, week end clothes. Not doing so, to me, is freaking gross. Even sitting on your *kitten* doing nothing human sheds cells and secrete body fluids.

No no, I'm not assuming anything necessarily, I was just curious...I guess I was thinking that even shorts/pants with liners or built in panties or whatever would still have to be cleaned with the same frequency as underwear...which I consider a "wear once and wash" item. On the other hand, because I DO wear underwear, I don't necessarily wash my pants/skirts/dresses every time I wear them, or they'd get ratty and used up too quickly. Obviously anything I'm actively sweating in gets washed regularly though. I personally don't have the money to buy special workout gear so I usually just wear a pair of Thai fisherman pants because they're nice and loose and cool.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    I wear my underwear at the gym like this:

underpants-boy.jpg
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    I am not a germophobe, but I am really squicked out by this thread. No one cares if you have panty lines in the gym. They do care if you're leaking on the equipment.

"Leaking on the equipment...:

This is the line of the week.
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    OMG, I sweat WAY to much to not wear underwear....can't even fathom not wearing it for working out. But only a thong. Or at home sometimes just boy briefs (no pants or shorts). But at the gym, panties always--I need more between me and all of y'all who AREN'T wearing them than the one tiny layer of tight pants.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Your father sounds like my grandmother. Her philosophy is that you never know when you have to go to the hospital, so you should always look your best for the doctor.

I sometimes would accompany my dad to "scenes" that were corner's cases. I discovered that women of cook wearing only an apron.

Maybe it was a thing of his generation...
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Undies all the way! Seems unclean not to. They're cute, fun to shop for, and I feel if you don't wear underwear than you should wash your jeans/pants every time you wear them.

^This.

With or without underwear, I wash every piece of clothing I wear every single time I wear it. I think it's disgusting not to.
    I also don't reuse towels. Seems quite unsanitary.
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    OMG, I sweat WAY to much to not wear underwear....can't even fathom not wearing it for working out. But only a thong. Or at home sometimes just boy briefs (no pants or shorts). But at the gym, panties always--I need more between me and all of y'all who AREN'T wearing them than the one tiny layer of tight pants.

THIS!!!! I cannot go without while working out ...

Now when I am not working out ...

50540473.png
  • I usually wear a thong or sometimes a good pair of seamless panties. I can't imagine not doing this. After reading some of these posts, I am relieved that I'm covered up down there. We have a bit of discharge whether some would admit that or not. Nasty Nasty IMO.
  • FloyMcCaudie
    FloyMcCaudie Posts: 1,132
    Jockwear at gym, Kleins when I go out
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    It depends. I have the running shorts that I don't wear underwear in and sometimes I will skip the underwear for workouts. If I have to be inverted, then I will have something on underneath (like yoga). Sometimes for running I will wear the compression shorts, but that is more to prevent chaffing.
  • Xaudelle
    Xaudelle Posts: 122 Member
    Nope. I can't stand wearing undies when I work out. :)
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    COMMANDO is the only way to go!!!
This discussion has been closed.