Venus Factor Info Please

Replies

• I
  • weaving2fast
    weaving2fast Posts: 64 Member
    I've tried all the miracles out there and they all seem to be about how to avoid putting the work in. My miracle is knowing that when I'm drenched in sweat I had a good day.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Don't know anything about it. Ther are no miracles in working out though. It's bull****.
  • hppyhntr
    hppyhntr Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I bought the program and read the 85 page booklet explaining it. It has very basic, sensible information about the female body, the metabolic rate,calories, dieting and exercising. What I found is that it has given me back my own point of view so I can follow my own good sense about my personal weight loss program. It is a program I am following as it took a sea of rules, opinions, friends advice, diet programs and simplified it into some good practical guidelines for me.
    The down side is how many sales emails I get promoting special offers on supplementary things I can buy. It makes it seem all hype and sales, but I just stuck to understanding the basic program first and then I was able to decide if I wanted anything else or not.
    It is true there are no miracles but this is program not a miracle. I still have to watch my calories, fat and sugar intake and I still have to exercise but the information here has helped me guide myself on a more successful path.
  • I like the venus factor program. It does a good job of opening your eyes to things you didn't know or had thought of before. There's a lot of basic info in the program, but there's also a good amount of deep analysis and research put into their information. Also their routines are quite easy to follow. You should try it, here's a link. http://tinyurl.com/m23xyeq
  • Boy, people are fond of saying no-miracles-you've-got-to-do-the-work on here. They're right of course. And, there are good programs out there. And yes, you will work. And NO, it doesn't have to be 'insane' work either. A good program can meet you effectively whatever level you're at. I recommend Visual Impact over Venus Factor. If you want to know the philosophy behind it look at Rusty Moore's Fitness Black Book blog. Link to his stuff from my profile. Good, solid info for working as smart as you do 'hard'.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    I keep trying to stick to the workouts, but the low calories are killing me. Since starting this workout, I have actually been eating a lot more than what I was prior to it. And I have been craving more foods that I shouldn't be eating, ones I hadn't eaten prior to starting the workout. Going to take a break and re-evaluate my goals and workout routine.
  • If you're referring to John Barban's Venus Factor, I'd recommend it. I came across his Adonis Index program for men about six months ago and I've had great results.

For men, it's about developing the ideal shoulder-to-waist ratio based on your height. The workouts are customized based on your body type. There's a ton of variety so you're constantly challenged and it never gets boring. There are videos for all the exercises, a nutritional plan that works well with myfitnesspal, and you can download it to your phone so it's right at your fingertips while you're at the gym.

My understanding is that the Venus Factor includes a couple of other measurements involved in determining your ideal ratios, but the rest should be pretty much the same. Follow the program and you'll get results.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    *sigh* really?!?!?!?

Sweat and hard work............. (I have already lost over 130 lbs without crap like the Venus Factor, raspberry ketones, etc)

Don't flush your money down the toilet.

There are ZERO miracles, so stop expecting the weight put on over time to come off overnight.

Funny the ad I see for Venus factor says "Secret fat loss" There is NO secret!!!! See above to SWEAT AND HARD WORK!
  • http://www.venusfactorinfo.com/review/ had some good videos showing you what all you get with the program so you can at least have an idea what your money gets you
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    I don't think anyone expects a miracle. We all know it's hard work and calories in and out.

Still, I'd like some solid information on this programme: it can help in the weight loss to have a work out routine, especially when like me you're not going to a gym.

Most comments above are generic and don't give any info on the programme...
  • Ok. So I'm exactly one week into the Venus Factor Program and I have to say, it is sweat and hard work. In fact, in the 45 minute work out routine it lays out for you (3 days a week) I sweat more than I do when doing fully body works outs or cardio for the same amount of time at LA Fitness.

Result? 5 lbs in one week.

Is it a miracle? Hardly.

Is it hard? Not if you really want to stick with the goal.

The hardest thing about fat loss I've come to find is that there are so many options in my day for empty calories. Juice. Cheese. Cereal. But I don't have to cut these out. For years I've believed some hype about good calories versus bad calories. I ended up overeating and no matter how much I exercised, I either gained or maintained my weight.

VF easily outlines how many calories you should be eating in a day to lose versus how many to maintain based on your own age, weight, height, and measurements. It also gives you the amount of protein you should strive for in a day. It's goal is to boost your body's (a woman's) response to leptin, which basically controls metabolism. From what I understand, women have twice as much leptin as men meaning they have twice the fat burning capabilities as men. It asks the question, why then do men lose weight faster than women, yet can eat more? Simple response, women hardly use what is already in them to lose. So, the program's guidelines are tailored to boosting your natural fat burning capabilities.

Now it's all simple really, eat smart and work out (just as people have said one way or another). You can eat whatever you want, but it's smart to eat what is filling and avoid drinking the calories (I'm only on water and milk because I'm still trying to map out good eating habits with my busy work-life schedule). I think the real difference depends on the person. Some people can have a goal in mind and go for it. Others need community support or their own mindset will defeat them.

I haven't involved myself in the community aspect of VF, but if I begin to feel discouraged, I'm going to hop on. However, in this one week, I'm feeling pretty confident that I can keep going. I plan to hold myself accountable by taking progress photos at the end of every week. Because seeing how much I weigh or lose doesn't encourage me as much as seeing my body's fatness shrink.

Goal: lose 4 dress sizes in the 12 week program as the promotional video says. That's about 1/3 dress size a week. Hopefully I'll be checking back at the end of January with positive results.
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Wonderful post and I'm sure you'll be thrilled with the results. Control is so simple most people miss it....I certainly did for decades. Stay consistent and success is guaranteed.
  • Laura3BB
    Ok. So I'm exactly one week into the Venus Factor Program and I have to say, it is sweat and hard work. In fact, in the 45 minute work out routine it lays out for you (3 days a week) I sweat more than I do when doing fully body works outs or cardio for the same amount of time at LA Fitness.

Result? 5 lbs in one week.

Is it a miracle? Hardly.

Is it hard? Not if you really want to stick with the goal.

The hardest thing about fat loss I've come to find is that there are so many options in my day for empty calories. Juice. Cheese. Cereal. But I don't have to cut these out. For years I've believed some hype about good calories versus bad calories. I ended up overeating and no matter how much I exercised, I either gained or maintained my weight.

VF easily outlines how many calories you should be eating in a day to lose versus how many to maintain based on your own age, weight, height, and measurements. It also gives you the amount of protein you should strive for in a day. It's goal is to boost your body's (a woman's) response to leptin, which basically controls metabolism. From what I understand, women have twice as much leptin as men meaning they have twice the fat burning capabilities as men. It asks the question, why then do men lose weight faster than women, yet can eat more? Simple response, women hardly use what is already in them to lose. So, the program's guidelines are tailored to boosting your natural fat burning capabilities.

Now it's all simple really, eat smart and work out (just as people have said one way or another). You can eat whatever you want, but it's smart to eat what is filling and avoid drinking the calories (I'm only on water and milk because I'm still trying to map out good eating habits with my busy work-life schedule). I think the real difference depends on the person. Some people can have a goal in mind and go for it. Others need community support or their own mindset will defeat them.

I haven't involved myself in the community aspect of VF, but if I begin to feel discouraged, I'm going to hop on. However, in this one week, I'm feeling pretty confident that I can keep going. I plan to hold myself accountable by taking progress photos at the end of every week. Because seeing how much I weigh or lose doesn't encourage me as much as seeing my body's fatness shrink.

Goal: lose 4 dress sizes in the 12 week program as the promotional video says. That's about 1/3 dress size a week. Hopefully I'll be checking back at the end of January with positive results.

thanks for the information, and please keep us updated!
  • So my results for week 2. I'm fluctuating 2 lbs throughout the week (I know I know, measure only once a week but I was curious). I do see my body getting leaner in the arms and abs, but the most noticeable change in in the buns and thighs. There are a lot of lunges.

I like that the workout routine seems to incorporate a little bit of everything: core (balance ball), arms, legs, and stomach with various exercises so I don't get bored.

Now entering my third week and using the 5 lb free weights is getting too easy. Time to break out my wrist weights to add another 2 lbs. Or maybe I should look for some heavier ones around black friday? I may even get a weight bar for the dead leg lifts instead of using my free weights. It's kind of cool, reminds me of a character I like to play in the game Soul Calibur...

If you're going into VF, pay attention to what your body is telling you. If it seems easy, do the harder version of the routine. If that seems to hard, take a break and try it again. You'll never push past your limits if you go back to the easier one and you won't lose as quickly, at least that's how I feel. I didn't sweat nearly as much as the last session. I am one of those people who feel like if I'm not sweating, I'm not working hard enough...do correct me if I'm wrong, I don't want to hurt myself or make my body enter some weight gaining stress mode.

My current goal is to hold a plank for 60 seconds like it calls for. Even just once in the 3 rep routine.

So in sum
    week one - shed 5 lbs
    week two - shed less lbs but toned (my jeans aren't tight anymore and my skin looks healthy!)
    week three - we shall see...(I wish I saved my measurements from week one)
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Thank you everyone for your replies. I didn't realize this post was still going!

I want to restate that i do not believe in "miracle programs," I was calling it that because there was no information given. It was a sarcastic comment.

You have to admit something called "Venus Factor" sounds like some pills full of fluff and hoodoo voodoo. It's great to see that some people have done this and had results.

Please do not repeat the hard work mantra. I already know it. I've been watching the calories and recently brought back in weights (ChaLean Extreme) into a Cardio heavy (TurboFire) workout.

Some of the information here has been extremely helpful and really explains what this system does. I hope that other people read through the posts regarding the product/program and it helps them make a decision.

*goes back to working hard to make miracles*
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    As a side note, the creators of the program come from a supplement research and marketing background. Their marketing methods reflect what they learned works best; sensationalistic. They've tried methods that better reflect their philosophy which is very not sensationalistic and extremely practical but the sales decline. They do make a living out of selling the program, as they should, so end up allowing themselves to appear sensational and gimmicky to attract more people. The program is actually very thoughtful and practical and they spend more time unravelling the small bits of truth in the modern fitness industry from the dross which had been extremely helpful and saves time and money in the long run (Adonis Index).
  • :D week 3 results --

people are asking me "are you losing weight?"

after I took a picture of myself, I could see a small change in my stomach and more noticeable change in my butt and thighs. it felt good walking in to work and one of my coworkers did a double-take, stopped me, and asked that question.

Now I'm on work out two of my 4th week with Turkey day right around the corner. With this confidence booster (confidence that the program is indeed doing it's job and not a time waster) I'm going to do a little fasting tomorrow so I won't guilt trip myself about eating my maintenance amount on T-Day.

I'm love sugar and I love condiments so it has been a little hard for me to accept how much additional calories they add to an otherwise balanced meal. I've been staying away from butter (margarine actually which is apparently worse) and cereal b/c the serving size is too small to be filling. I'm better off just getting the waffles :D.

Anyway, so far I've dropped 7-8 lbs in a month. My goal was 10 so I'm a bit under (but I still have until Saturday with Carb-Day staring me in the face). Though I'll admit I have done little to NO cardio during this month. Not really even a warm up before going into the exercises. I'll be sure to add a 5 minute warm up in the second month to see if that makes a difference. I have both VF and myfitnesspal to thank for the progress.

Without seeing the calories, it's easy to ignore them until they're hanging off your arms and waving at you.
  • Annalisa_87
    Annalisa_87 Posts: 56 Member
    Hi. I posted earlier. I have now finished the Venus Factor program and was pleased with the results. Dropped 24 pounds, yay me. For those who want a real review then like I posted earlier Venusfactortruth.com is good otherwise another one I found is bespokeweightloss.com and that is really good too. If you have any questions you can message me too :) I don't mind.
  • Laura3BB
    Thanks for the info!