Share your dieting 'staple foods'?

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Peanut butter, bananas, whey protein and currently I have been on a cheerios kick!
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    chicken breasts <3 om nom
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    I don't have dieting staples because I don't believe in dieting.

You're on a calorie-counting website - you're dieting.

No..

Dieting is the restriction of food, and I don't restrict the type of food I eat.

I will count calories for the rest of my life, even when I reach maintenance, because I don't want to gain back the weight I've lost. Does that mean I'm on a diet forever? :wink:

You will have to restrict your food intake for the rest of your life if you plan on keeping the weight off. It's just a fact of life.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member

You're on a calorie-counting website - you're dieting.

No..

Dieting is the restriction of food, and I don't restrict the type of food I eat.

I will count calories for the rest of my life, even when I reach maintenance, because I don't want to gain back the weight I've lost. Does that mean I'm on a diet forever? :wink:

You will have to restrict your food intake for the rest of your life if you plan on keeping the weight off. It's just a fact of life.

Of course. But, this still does not mean I'm on a diet now or for the rest of my life. Diet is a mentality where foods are categorized as good or bad. What I'm making now is lifestyle change. :smile:
  • Jennymcwb
    Jennymcwb Posts: 88 Member
    Oatmeal, eggs, salad, Good olive oil and balsamic vinegar, greek yogurt, almonds, blueberries, sandwich thins, pita chips, spinach avacado yogurt dip, carrots, chicken breasts, pork, wild fish ( no farm fish)

My treats- apple in microwave with peanut butter and chia seeds, 100 calorie ice cream sandwiches, fresh fruit.
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    There is nothing I eat every single day, and I eat pretty similar things whether I'm cutting calories or not. But things I almost aways have on hand are:

Eggs
    "Easy to cook" vegetables (that just require chopping and steaming or roasting) like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, etc.
    Tuna and sardines
    Apples
    Peanut butter
    Yogurt
    Tofu or tempeh
    No-added-sodium roast turkey breast slices (for snacks)
    Carrots
    Soups
    At least one salad green (spinach, lettuce, arugula etc) and cooking green (kale. chard, etc.)
    Bread--not always whole wheat, GASP!!!
    Old Bay seasoning--I eat it on everything
    Sambal and sriracha sauces--which I also eat on everything
  • enidite
    enidite Posts: 92 Member
    fresh fruits and veggies.
    bananas almost every day, as well as hummus, vegetarian burgers (I love the Portobello mushroom burger for breakfast) , the flatout foldit whole wheat bread with flaxseed, mixed organic salads ( I always buy a big one for my lunches at work) with dressing, tomatoes, mixed nuts (unsalted, nit roasted), my new favorite is dried mango slices without sugar and without sulfur , peanut and almond butter.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Oatmeal & Blueberries
    Turkey Sandwiches
    Greek Yogurt
    Nuts
    Milk
    Frozen Veggies
    P&J Sandwiches

And pretty much anything homemade. Just eating at home has made the biggest difference in my weight loss. Right now I'm cooking beef stew, last weekend it was turkey chili. I cook a huge batch and eat it for lunch most of the week. When I do eat out, I generally opt for simple dishes--salads, chicken & veggies, soup & salad or sandwich.

I count calories 5 days a week, the other 2 days I just try to "keep it simple". Prior to getting pregnant I lost 20ish lbs, and now I'm about to deliver and have gained 23. So--in my eyes--I'm doing alright.
  • shafa4321
    shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    Quest protien bar MY HOT Coffee . some sort of fish
  • I eat whatever I as long as I'm under my calorie limit, but I do favor certain foods.

I mostly eat:

jalapenos
    green peppers
    sweet onions
    mushrooms
    spinach
    carrot
    oranges
    bananas
    eggs - over easy, frittata, french omelette, country omelette, scrambled. I love eggs.
    chicken - usually seared
    pork - seared
    sriracha - on everything
    cheese - any kind, but I really like kraft singles
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    chicken, turkey, pork
    sweet potato
    brown rice
    broccoli
    steamed veggies
    spinach
    chocolate
    string cheese
    yogurt bars
    and anything else that fits into my calorie goals :)
  • heyitsadam
    heyitsadam Posts: 70 Member
    Sam's Club sells a bag of "Mesquite Chicken" in the frozen food section. You can microwave 2 breasts in 6:30 and it's 220 calories. It's too easy to be good for you; it's the quickest dinner I have available with the least amount of dishes.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Greek yogurt bananas oatmeal broccoli :-)
  • ashemarie
    ashemarie Posts: 12 Member
    My staples are definitely: egg whites (~3/day), dannon fit n light greek yogurt, air popped popcorn too. I eat those pretty much everyday. Other than that and COFFEE I just count and stay under calories.

I like this post :)
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Coffee -with half and half
    Oatmeal
    Blueberries
    Protein Powder
    Stevia
    Almond Milk
    Chicken Breasts
    bananas
    Mixed frozen berries -strawberries, rasberries, blueberries
    red grapes
    spinach
    broccoli
    green beans
    cabbage
    Brown Rice
    Zone Bars - Fudge Graham and Dark Chocolate
    Blueberries - have i mentioned that one before???
    I have a good portion of all the above - just about everyday. Boring< NOPE!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Rib eye, pork steaks, chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, mushrooms, cucumber, sharp cheddar cheese

Sour cream, salsa, wishbone buffalo ranch, kicken chicken, fiery five pepper

Ice cream, pork rhinds, popcorn

Coffee, wylers light, diet soda
  • foodiscomplicated
    foodiscomplicated Posts: 85 Member
    These superfoods and supplements helped save my life.

Flax Seeds 2tps
    Black beans
    Green leafy's
    Broccoli
    Walnuts
    Vitamin's D & B12
    Amla
    Probiotics
    Small children when in season
  • Chris_B62
    Chris_B62 Posts: 63 Member
    eggs,almonds,avocado,chicken.
    You Da Man! Those 4 are definitely in my top 10 list!
    Plus Green Olives, Cream Cheese, Brazil Nuts, Heavy Cream, Salads, and Hamburger Patties.
  • Fiore_
    Fiore_ Posts: 33 Member
    Fresh baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, eggs, greek yogurt, bananas, apples, blackberries, green grapes, strawberries, roasted chicken breasts, romaine lettuce mix, almost every kind of vegetable, and water.

I recently made the switch from salsa to cherry tomatoes. 4 tomatoes have the same number of calories as 2T of salsa, but I cut out an extra 250 mg in sodium every day.
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    what foods to you eat everyday and consider your dieting staples?

for example, many cultures might consider rice a staple and base most main meals around it?

for me, bananas, hot chocolate and fat free yoghurt are my staples. must have bananas everyday - easy to carry, cheap and filling. hot choc - staves off sugar cravings. fat free yoghurt - filling and easy to carry around.

I eat whatever I want as long as I stay within my calorie allowance.

Calorie counting is a form of dieting ...