Can you guess me weight?

*Can you guess MY weight? (typo)
If not guess my BMI?
I'm almost 5'5''
I'm trying to tone up be healthy lose a couple of lbs ;)
also my stomach is a bit pudgy here bc i had just ate breakfast

image removed by MFP Staff

Replies

• Maybe 110lbs

Weight is mostly irrelevant. Muscle mass, body fat, height, etc are all variables that affect weight differently.

You like fine. Just start a basic lifting routine and eat well.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member

Do we get pimp slapped across the interwebs if we guess high?

no but it will motivate me to lose weight!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Hehheh. It's such a random guess since I don't weigh that little or regularly look at someone who does (not that folks go around telling you their weight, anyway!)
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Is there a prize if I guess it correctly?
  • You can guess my bmi instead!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member

no but it will motivate me to lose weight!

You don't need to lose weight. If anything you need to gain muscle. 125-130.
  • Is there a prize if I guess it correctly?

yes my love for you for not telling me i look like i weigh more than i am :)
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    I'd say maybe 115-120. I'm going off the fact my goal weight is around 130, even though I'm 2 inches shorter than you. You are very willowy and slender, where I am more compact and carry a lot of muscle on my frame under all the fat. And boobs. Wouldn't mind if those shrank some too!

I think you have a great body, and don't need to lose any more fat. If you want to change your body shape, start lifting weights or doing bodyweight exercises like power yoga or pilates.
  • Fishing for compliments?

DYEL?

DYEL?

NO I'm not fishing for compliments. I'm trying to understand why most people overestimate my weight and get motivation to get fit/lose weight.

DYEL?

Yes, definitely fishing......

DYEL?

Yes, definitely fishing......

How could you make that judgment when you don't even know who I am? I have struggled all my life with low self esteem! And I'm trying soo so hard right now to turn my life back around this year as a senior in high school. I asked this question because I'm confused why most people think I weigh more than i actually am.
    I guess I'm taking this too seriously because I'm a silly little 18 year old in high school who should probably be studying instead.
    I'm sorry if I offended you.

DYEL?

NO I'm not fishing for compliments. I'm trying to understand why most people overestimate my weight and get motivation to get fit/lose weight.

Still fishing.

Do you mean to tell me you want strangers on the internet to call you fat so that you can be more motivated to get even skinner than you are?

For the lolz, right?

DYEL?

Still fishing.

Do you mean to tell me you want strangers on the internet to call you fat so that you can be more motivated to get even skinner than you are?

For the lolz, right?

No I want assurance that I actually look the amount that I weigh.
    Seriously why can't I ask a question that tons of people on mfp have asked before?
  • DrenRigs
    DrenRigs Posts: 448 Member
    @mfu... 110 ???
  • Weight doesn't matter, that's the point, there is no perfect weight. I do not have a weight loss goal as such, but an actual fitness and strength goal. I think that is where you are missing the point, don't aim for a number on the scale, aim for a goal that your body can achieve, for me, I want to be able to deadlift 100kgs (currently at 77kgs) I also want to be able to do mudruns without any help, that is my goal, not a number, as I could weight say 55kgs, but I would not be able to have the strength to lift my own bidyweight, as I would have no muscle, so I would much prefer to weigh 65kgs and be able to deadlift 100kgs and do the mudruns.

If you actually aren't fishing for compliments, then you need to reevaluate what is important, a number on the scale doesn't mean anything, many people have a much better figure when they "weigh more" because they have muscle.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member

No I want assurance that I actually look the amount that I weigh.
    Seriously why can't I ask a question that tons of people on mfp have asked before?

Actually, that's a fair point. Why is it fishing for a slim person to ask that question when it isn't for someone who is actually overweight? We all have our body issues, noone walks around feeling 100% perfect all the time (or if they do I don't wanna know them - weirdos!) and we all need reassurance sometimes.

OP - I'm the same height as you, and am 142. I looked bigger than you when I was 135 so I'm going for around 120-125. You don't need to lose weight, you even NEED to gain muscle - you look stunning. But, if you are unhappy with your tiny amount of belly fat (women naturally have that, and I personally think it's actually kinda cute) then you may want to consider weight lifting rather than drastic calorie cutting and cardio style routines which will just make you skinnier all over which will possibly look a little extreme on you.
  • JavaJuno
    JavaJuno Posts: 9 Member
    You're pretty much what I want to look like :O So, I shall assume 115-120 (I'm the same height).
    Anyways, you look gorgeous :) (and I agree with the lifting comments, you don't need to lose more weight)

And I too have a "number on the scale goal", so don't feel bad about paying attention to that. I just feel better seeing that number go down.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Weight doesn't matter, that's the point, there is no perfect weight. I do not have a weight loss goal as such, but an actual fitness and strength goal. I think that is where you are missing the point, don't aim for a number on the scale, aim for a goal that your body can achieve, for me, I want to be able to deadlift 100kgs (currently at 77kgs) I also want to be able to do mudruns without any help, that is my goal, not a number, as I could weight say 55kgs, but I would not be able to have the strength to lift my own bidyweight, as I would have no muscle, so I would much prefer to weigh 65kgs and be able to deadlift 100kgs and do the mudruns.

Good for you. I just want to be able to fit into my favourite clothes again. We don't all have the have the same targets.
This discussion has been closed.