DOLPHINS TEAM PAGE

Replies

• tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    5 more miles for 595 calories and stretching before and after my run.

GO DOLPHINS! Everyone kicked butt this week!:drinker:
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    vhuber I got your thursday posted. I hear you about the rest day. While I never fully take a rest day Saturday is usually a pretty light day. My body is yelling a me this week.

I think everything is posted up to vhuber last post (sorry don't want to misspell you first name). As per Sheri any Saturday post were to be combined on with Friday's.

Have a great weekend everyone. Try to rest up who knows what Sheri will toss at us next week. Sadly some of our Dolphins have been MIA this week. Not sure how this will effect the group as a whole.

Great job everyone. This was a tough week. Just looked at the chart so far no group has meet the milage requirement. Though some are closer. They did seem to have all or most report in. Maybe more will get there stuff in.
  • Justacoffeenut
    I hope Im not the only one who keeps popping in to see whats what. No rush Sheri I know you are busy.:flowerforyou: Just don't want to miss anything. :laugh:
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Yeah...I'm here!! :blushing: WAY behind....its been a busy couple days...I'm working on it all now...I know it will go up late!! Just do your normal Sunday workout if you have one...this week will be largely focused on the holiday and will NOT be one of the tougher weeks....so I'm sure you all will Get It Done!!! You guys all hung in there great this week!! Most of you Killed the Week!! I'm just so proud of all of you for stepping it up at this tough time!!! Just getting out there and "Moving" when there is So much going on at this time of year is a VICTORY!!! Keep up the Great Work Awesome Team!!!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Yeah...I'm here!! :blushing: WAY behind....its been a busy couple days...I'm working on it all now...I know it will go up late!! Just do your normal Sunday workout if you have one...this week will be largely focused on the holiday and will NOT be one of the tougher weeks....so I'm sure you all will Get It Done!!! You guys all hung in there great this week!! Most of you Killed the Week!! I'm just so proud of all of you for stepping it up at this tough time!!! Just getting out there and "Moving" when there is So much going on at this time of year is a VICTORY!!! Keep up the Great Work Awesome Team!!!

We know you are super busy yourself. It's all good we will roll with it. Thanks again for all you do. Unless someone else got tabby dogs post it wasn't put on the spreadsheet. About to crash for the night here so just a heads up on that.

Thanks again Sheri and fabulous work DOLPHINS.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,629 Member
    I sooo sooo sorry about this last week but this is what I wrote Sheri earlier

"To: Sheri869
    Sent: November 20, 2013 8:23 am
    Subject: Sorry (update)
    Sheri,

This week has been extremely busy with my little man! Boy, is he sooo much like his mommy at that age! Trisha was a ALMOST perfect teenager BUT as a toddler she Was STUBBORN! We would tell her no and TWO seconds later there she goes doing it AGAIN, lol. Joey is to darn cute even when he gets in trouble especially when he says "I love you GrandmaJackie"! Ok, I melt, big time!

With that been said I didn't even log food or have anytime for the challenge! As far as my half marathon went I was only about to get TWO miles in! Since my hand my hand injury, I didn't run the last week!I got extremely shin splints but no big deal! The following two weeks I was able to get a couple of outstanding runs in! Trisha's was able to finish though, yay!

I need to dropout of the challenge so my numbers won't hurt the team! The kids are leaving tomorrow plus I'm getting my stitches out Friday! Next week will a fresh start logging and exercising for me! I would LOVE to stay with the team and cheer everyone on! I will wait to post after you get back to me!

Thanks
    Jackie"

I was feeling 100% today so I did log everything but since I haven't had exercise OR ate healthy this last week, I'm NOT weighing myself till NEXT Friday,

My kids left yesterday plus my stitches are out of my hand! I plan on an workout tomorrow, for sure! I want to stay and cheer everyone on! You guys are rocking the numbers, wow! Outstanding job, guys!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Jackie, I remember seeing on my wall about your hand and family coming in. I do hope you had a super great visit. Hopefully your hand is better. Sorry you got hurt in the first place. Get feeling better and please pop in often. Take care of yourself.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Thanks, De! This is my game plan for today plus a walk and a treadmill workout! I will report later when I 'm done!

10 full pushups x 50
    10 squats with shoulder press (weights recommended) x 50
    10 chest press/pulls with lunges (weights) x 50
  • Justacoffeenut
    Lets see if I have this weeks requirements broke down correctly:

Workout: 3 days + Thanksgiving for a minimum of 120 min total. 20 MUST be on Thanksgiving and be a specified workout not getting ready for family invasion.

Bonus this week is water like before and also For Thanksgiving day 10 pts if you w/0 40 min, 20 pts if you work out 60 min, 50 pts if you w/0 with a family member for at least 45 min. (Examples given on main topic)

Reps: 500 total for the week in no less the 25 at a time. 100 of any kind on THANKSGIVING day. Knowing Sheri this isn't to be combined with our workout unless she is taking it extra easy on us this week.

Flex goal of 8 min on 4 days - work on our stretching also not just our flexibility.

Personal - To be listed on the main topic
    #1 2x this week list a physical personal trait we like about ourselves
    #2 List a Pay it Forward we did this week.

Also if anyone is cooking or taking an item to a gathering this week she wants us to put how we are making it healthier on the main topic.

Think that's it. Have a great week DOLPHINS. And congratulations to the DOLPHINS that made it in the top 10 last week. Lets continue to bring it this week.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    SUNDAY:

1. Slow jog for 45 minutes (I was tired today but the weather was in the middle 30's so I took the furries out after church)
    2. 200 UB Reps
    3. 8 minutes of stretching
    4. Posted pay it forward, my plans for a healthy Thanksgiving dinner & some thing good about myself on main page!
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Keep *hammering on it* but the SHARX ain't gonna budge!!! hHJhe8m.gif Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • GrandmaJackie
    Calories needed:1728
    Worked Out: 130 min
    Calories Burned: 776 calorie
    Reps: Upper/Lower 150 (150 squats w/ weights, 50 bicep curls w/ lunges, 50 push ups)
    Stretching: 8 minutes.... 1/6 days
    Positive Comment: done
  • vhuber
    Calories needed:1728
    Worked Out: 130 min
    Calories Burned: 776 calorie
    Reps: Upper/Lower 150 (150 squats w/ weights, 50 bicep curls w/ lunges, 50 push ups)
    Stretching: 8 minutes.... 1/6 days
    Positive Comment: done
    Its great to see you back at it Jackie but calories??? I'm confused!:noway:
  • okkkk.. really bad week for me.. way too busy..

#1 water 25
    #2 sodium 35
    #3 workout 30
    #4 bad habit 5
    #5 new hobby 0
    #6 smack and positive 0
    :blushing:
    next week will be better ..:smile:
  • Justacoffeenut
    Points Recap:
    Sodium 7/7
    water 7/7
    smack 1
    communication 7/7
    Good habit 7/7
    bad 7/7
    Exercise 60/60 already meet the max.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Workout: 60 min (60/120)
    Calories 275
    Reps: 50 (50/500)
    Flex/Stretching - 8 min (1/4 days)

Bonus:
    Water - 1/7
    Thanksgiving day workout: (For Thanksgiving day 10 pts if you w/0 40 min, 20 pts if you work out 60 min, 50 pts if you w/0 with a family member for at least 45 min.)

Personal - To be listed on the main topic
    #1 2x this week list a physical personal trait we like about ourselves (0/2)
    #2 List a Pay it Forward we did this week. (0/1)
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Good Morning Dolphins! Its launch week at my gym so all the classes get all new songs and routines so I'm gonna hit up as many of them as possible. They are also doing a drawing for civil war tickets for those of us that show up in our team colors so even more incentive to get moving! I'm feeling pretty good about this week. Lets do this thing!
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    :( This time last year I was 10lb lighter. Was just looking back through my data and noticed that.

It doesn't make me happy!
  • Justacoffeenut
    :( This time last year I was 10lb lighter. Was just looking back through my data and noticed that.

It doesn't make me happy!

Hang in there. It could be muscle gain partly. I looked a year ago today I was 2.5 lbs heavier then I am now. I still am tring to get back down to what my lowest point was this past year. My goal before the end of the year is to get that 7 lbs off that I can't get past.

Sometimes we have to remind our selves of just really how far we of come in our journey and not look at where we haven't reached yet. We all have set backs. But that helps us appreciate and celebrate the victories even more.

Hang in there :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    How was your Monday DOLPHINS??? Did you MOVE IT? I hope so!!!!

Monday:
    1. Biked 33 minutes & treadmilled for 30 = 63 minutes!
    2. 300 Reps (200 UB, 50 LB & 50 CORE)
    3. Did more than 8 minutes of stretching
    Posted on the main page ALREADY.

WEEKLY POINTS: Tell me what I am missing or if I scored them wrong! I hate keeping score the most of our challenge!
    water= 35 (everyday)
    sodium= 35 (everyday)
    w/o= 70 (10 pt everyday)
    bad habit: 25 -10= 15 (had too much sugar ONE day)
    new good habit= 35 ( I did this ALL 7 days)
    team support= 7
    smacked the Sharks on Sunday= 5
    ANYTHING ELSE?????