500 CALORIES/DAY pros and cons??

Hello

I am just looking to lose weight and want to kick start by "Deflating" my bloated stomach from overeating. i will go on a 2-day 500 calorie/day diet, and eat mostly assorted vegetables, as well as 200 cals protein.

Should I cut out dairy for weight loss and muscle maintenance?? Skim milk afterworkout is a usual thing for me.. but apparently when losing weight quickly you shouldn't have dairy?? but more protein??
Thank you!!

I'm only have 500 calories for 2 days, so is that okay?? Apparently muscle loss kicks in on day 3..

Thanks!!

Replies

• mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Troll post, yes?

This is not healthy. At all.
  • There's tons of people on this website making stupid posts like this. It's quite baffling.
  • Troll post, yes?

This is not healthy. At all.

Troll post? uh no,not at all.

There are plenty of diets which recommend detox before starting a diet plan.

500 calories for 2 days...

That should be okay
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    are you expecting a different answer if you post the same thing enough times?
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    I suggest you also run a marathon everyday to ensure you maximize tho 500 calories you have eaten!
  • roly14
    roly14 Posts: 25 Member
    STUPID STUPID 1200 bad enough Start on MFP recommend daily intake
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    are you expecting a different answer if you post the same thing enough times?

For real. You've already posted four other versions of this today. Just stop already.
  • 500 calories for 2 days...

That should be okay

You already have your answer don't you?
    Are you going to start threads asking the same question until you finally find someone who says your plan is totally gonna work?
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Oh jeez why do you hate your body that much?
    Have a little respect for it!! You didnt put the weight on in one meal..
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Misunderstanding the 5:2 diet perhaps?
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    I honestly do not understand the satisfaction from troll posting.
  • I honestly do not understand the satisfaction from troll posting.

Didn't I just quote you??

Welcome back btw

roflssss
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    It's doubtful you will do much harm to yourself with only two days severe restriction and yes, I would eat mostly fiborous veg and lean protein in that time.

Your loss will be predominantly water and considering many people store this around their abdomen it may indeed "deflate" your stomach to some degree.

That said, it is unlikely much of that loss will be actual fat as stated above so in reality it is probably a pointless exercise on a physiological basis (although psychologically it may help "kickstart" your diet.)

ETA: keep your activity level minimal to none during this time, particularly the second day.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Pros - nothing
    Cons - everything
  • There must be something you can do with your life apart from making ridiculous posts on myfitnesspal? It's a cry for help but we can't help you. All the best with everything.
  • There must be something you can do with your life apart from making ridiculous posts on myfitnesspal? It's a cry for help but we can't help you. All the best with everything.

why would you post if you didn't want to help then.

thanks anyway..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I honestly do not understand the satisfaction from troll posting.

Didn't I just quote you??

Welcome back btw

roflssss

interesting that this is the only post the OP responds to....
  • It's doubtful you will do much harm to yourself with only two days severe restriction and yes, I would eat mostly fiborous veg and lean protein in that time.

Your loss will be predominantly water and considering many people store this around their abdomen it may indeed "deflate" your stomach to some degree.

That said, it is unlikely much of that loss will be actual fat as stated above so in reality it is probably a pointless exercise on a physiological basis (although psychologically it may help "kickstart" your diet.)

ETA: keep your activity level minimal to none during this time, particularly the second day.

Thanks so much!
    Informative and didn't contain useless bickering
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    TROLLING HARD OP
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    I understand your urgency to deflate- a modelling photoshoot (is that right?).
    But you are not going to lose enough actual fat in the time you have. If it were me, I'd eat a normal, non restrictive healthy diet until the day before the shoot, drinking tons of water, then use techniques to lose about a lb of water on the day. This is fine for a one-off only, and if you have muscles already you will look great. But you must get that water level back up again ASAP after the shoot.
    Please don't starve yourself. There are ways of looking your best without needing to do that!
This discussion has been closed.