DOLPHINS TEAM PAGE

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Morning Dolphins! It's TEAR IT UP TUESDAY!
    Tear up the REPS & MINUTES & don't for get to STRETCH!!
    Have a AWESOME day!!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Morning fellow dolphins. So what's your plan for this Tuesday? Make it the best you can today. :drinker:
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    I can't remember if we are supposed to give stats for Saturday? Also, I never got on here yesterday and didn't get my points in so here is a recap:

Saturday:

60 minutes, for 5 miles and 595 calories
    no reps
    stretched a lot, 20 minutes
    Stretched after my run for my new good habit
    i have already met my bad habit goal for the week

Sunday:

55 Minutes of running in brutal temperatures, 4.5 miles, 457 calories. Slow pace because of ice and snow and wind!
    no reps
    20 minutes of stretching
    stretched after my run for my new good habit

Points for last week:
    Water 35
    Sodium 35
    Workouts55
    good habit 25
    bad habit 25
    trash talk 5
    team support 5
    Total 185

Sorry to be tardy!
  • tabbydog
    Yesterday I was filled with apathy about logging food or exercise. So, I got nothin' for Monday.

Tuesday Report:

1. 5 mile run, 50 minutes, 530 calories.
    2. 100 upper body reps (50 each biceps curls and triceps extensions), 100 crunches, 100 bicycles, and 100 flutter kicks, total reps = 400
    3. 10 minutes stretching this morning
    4. alcohol? The plan is no....
    5. stretched after my run.

There. Now I feel better. Great run today. Maybe I just needed a break.
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    How ya'all doing?!! Try not to let the holidays get the best of you!!! They are bowling me over a little...but I'm trying to get a plan of attack....hahaha....best laid plans and such...! Andddd lucky me got my TOM this week...Definitely putting a kink in my plans!! but I have a big plan for Thanksgiving day...gonna get that Turkey in....make and set up everything else tonight that I can and get a Big Thanksgiving morning workout in...and hopefully a Friday morning...cuz mom is here tomorrow night so that blows tomorrow and my TOM blew Mon & most of Tues (but I gotta get SOMETHING in tonight!!...UGGGGG!!! :explode: Anyway....I'm gonna find a way! I know you guys ROCK...I gotta stick with ya!!!!!

@tabby...glad you got a break!! We ALL Need one now and again!! You did Great! And yes your Saturday #'s were supposed to be posted here but you were safe anyway for last week! I'll usually post on here if you are missing stuff when I start working on stuff...though...yesssss I have been perpetually behind this challenge!! :sad: So not as good at keeping on top of the #'s as usual!

@verda....keep going strong woman!! You are so upbeat!! I Love It!!! I can't believe all you accomplish in a day sometimes!!!!

@GrandmaJackie....sooooo glad to have you back!! but Soooo glad you got to LOVE ON Baby Joey for some time!!!

@April....howz the gym???? Kinda fun all the classes making some changes!! I would be totally amped getting to try new things!! I love our gym here!! They always seem to be adding some new interesting classes...and almost always....if I give it a try...I Love It!! ('cept spinning...I tried that....HATED IT!!.....Yeah that wont be one I try again haha!!) Let us know if you find some new favorites...or is it just a revamp of all your oldies but goodies?? Still fun!!

@hypallage....saved the best for last :wink: :flowerforyou: I am probably in a worse boat than you...cuz I have gained about 10 lbs in the last 10 months....so I know EXACTLY how you feel...and I'm not happy about it AT ALL either! But try and look on the up side...at least you ARE Doing something about it...and Sadly :sad: :sad: :sad: We ALL KNOW it takes a lot longer to lose than to gain....BUT....perseverance pays off sooner or later!! Just give yourself a break...the holidays aren't going to make it easy...that's why I hoped we could all find realistic attainable goals...cuz a holiday challenge is NOT the same as other challenges....just hanging in there to the end is a VICTORY!!! It'll pay off...just takes a little longer!

Everyone Ready For Thanksgiving??!!!

Wellll hope you all keep checking in and pushing through this week!!

just a heads up...fyi - This week will be tough for me so I don't know when the weeks challenge will go up next week cuz my mom and Grandma are visiting...but I'll get it done between festivities!!
  • vhuber
    My day was EXTREMELY busy! So busy that I am still working on getting all my water in!

1. Got on the bike at 5 a.m. for 30 minutes & glad I did cuz the rest of the day was shot! I do not like to work out after 7 p.m. cuz I will NOT sleep & I am up by 4:45! I NEED my sleep!!!
    2. NO reps today.
    3. Did 8 minutes of stretching!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Well it's Wild Wednesday, Lets make the best of it. Push through the day and get those reps in. Baking can you do some form of a rep each time you put something in the oven. Doing dishes? How about standing calf raises while washing and squats while drying. Get creative no reason we can't fit it in.

Have a great one day everyone.
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    As it isn't a holiday for me & my family live either two and a half hours away or the other side of the world...

Can I get the bonus points for working out with members of my department? I was at circuits last night and half the people attending were from the maths department? :) I certainly see more of them than I do my family!!
  • hypallage
    Verda.... Just how many hours do you have in a day?!!! I cannot believe how much you get done.

I've been a bit rubbish about posting this week...

Monday - workout - 45 mins in gym 474 cals
    Reps - 140
    stretching - 20 mins

Tuesday - a beasting in the gym at work - 45 mins 474 cals
    Reps - 110
    stretching 10 mins

Wednesday - gym - 60 mins 237 cals
    Reps - 180
    Stretching 10 mins
  • vhuber
    Yay it was Wednesday & I am ready for ((4)) days off!!! I hope you all can have that many days off too!

1. 60 minutes of bike & treadmill walking.
    2. 0 reps
    3. 8 minutes of stretching. (Ithink this is becoming a habit:wink: )
    I plan to kick my own @ss tomorrow before I put an ounce of food in my mouth! Hoping to get my husband to work out with with me too!
  • vhuber
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING DOLPHINS!!!
    Thank you for being in this challenge along with me & doing good things for ourselves!
    May you "AND" that family member rock out an awesome workout (along with the 100 reps), eat healthy AND most importantly ENJOY the day together!!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Sunday
    Workout: 60 min (60/120)
    Calories 275
    Reps: 50 (50/500)
    Flex/Stretching - 8 min (1/4 days)

Bonus:
    Water - 1/7
    Thanksgiving day workout: (For Thanksgiving day 10 pts if you w/0 40 min, 20 pts if you work out 60 min, 50 pts if you w/0 with a family member for at least 45 min.)

Personal - To be listed on the main topic
    #1 2x this week list a physical personal trait we like about ourselves (0/2)
    #2 List a Pay it Forward we did this week. (0/1)

Monday
    Workout: 36 (96/120)
    Calories: 176
    Reps: 0
    Flex: 8 (2/4)

Bonus:
    Water 64oz+ (2/7)
    Thanksgiving workout:
    Personal:
    #1 - only done 1 out of 2 so far
    #2 listed Pay it Forward.

Tuesday
    Workout: 48 (144/120)
    Calories: 228
    Reps: 0 (50/500)
    Flex: 8 (3/4)

Bonus:
    Water 64oz+
    Thanksgiving workout:
    Personal:

Wednesday
    Workout: 86 (230/120)
    Calories: 471
    Reps: 365 (415/500)
    Flex: 8 (4/4)

Bonus:
    Water 64oz+
    Thanksgiving workout:
    Personal:
  • tabbydog
    Wednesday:
    1. 45 minutes running
    2. 0 reps
    3. 10 minutes stretching
    4. This is going to be -10 this week...
    5. Stretched after my run

Turkey day:
    1. 45 minutes running
    2. 100 reps (50 each squats and push-ups)
    3. Stretched 10 minutes... Feels so good!
    5. Stretched after my run

Definitely ate too many calories but skipped the rolls and potatoes and gravy. Ate the sweet potatoes, salad, Brussels sprouts and had turkey and a little stuffing. I did have dessert, but took two tiny pieces instead of the normal two whole pieces. All in all not bad.

I am thankful for this challenge keeping me in line and thankful for my awesome teammates! Happy thanksgiving DOLPHINS!!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Thursday:
    Workout: 240 (470/120)
    Calories: 990
    Reps: 100 (515/500)
    Flex: 8 (5/4)

Bonus:
    Water 64oz+
    Thanksgiving workout: 50 min walk took two family members along.
    Personal:
    #1 - 2 out of 2
  • hypallage
    weigh in for this week 171.8..
  • Justacoffeenut
    So far weight hasn't changed since last week. Since we have the extra day going to see if tomorrow's is any better.

Hope everyone is having a great extended weekend for those on that. Those not have a great weekend anyways :-)
  • hypallage
    Ah - didn't realise weigh-in was tomorrow...

I will see what I weigh tomorrow then!!

Hope that you have all had a fantastic week. Sorry for being a bit quiet. I have been good at logging this week, just been quite busy.
  • vhuber
    So do we enter all the needed info tomorrow by 10? I hope so cuz we ate with our son (t-giving dinner) & family LATE last night. I personally do not like to eat that late but they were cooking so what can one say? I got home & started on a bad sore throat with headache. Feel a little better this morning but the scale said I was up a couple of pounds :grumble: . I am sure from water retention, not having a movement YET and not working out yet! I know TMI, sorry! I WILL drink LOTS of water today & plan to workout when the head feels better!

THURSDAY's info:
    1. 60 minutes (50 min on TM & 10 min on bike.) By myself, my husband did not feel like working out! Neither did I but I DID!:wink:
    2. 225 reps ( 25 cardio, 75 core, 75 UB & 50 LB)
    3. 8 minutes of stretching.
  • vhuber
    Well I pretty much felt crappy ALL day but I talked my husband into getting some fresh air! I should score points from today right?:wink: Do we score points for Saturday or is that a normal Sat where we are to take a rest? All I can say is "I NEED a rest!".

1. 60 minutes from walking
    2. 0 reps
    3. 8 minutes of stretching.
  • vhuber
    I weighed 153. My ring is tight so I am thinking there is some fluid retention from Thanksgiving and the homemade potato/ham soup that I made for dinner last night. It was soooo yummy & my throat felt soothed. I am still NOT feeling up to par & will take a day of rest!
    Have a well deserved REST day DOLPHINS!

I see ALOT of data is not entered for the Dolphins.
    I posted on the main page my Pay It Forward & 2 attributes!

Sun: 45 min, 200 UB Reps, 8 min of stretching, 64oz of H2O
    Mon: 63 min, 300 Reps (200UB, 50LB & 50Core), 8 min of stretching, Water
    Tues: 30 min, 0 Reps, 8 min of stretching, water
    Wed.: 60 min., 0 Reps, 8 min of stretching, water
    Thurs.: 60 min (alone), 225 Reps (75UB, 75 Core, 50 LB & 25 Core), 8 min of stretching & water
    Fri.: 60 min., 0 reps, 8 min of stretching & water