What will your reward?

I'm only just starting out in my mission to drop the lbs, but my mind keeps turning to reaching my goal. I want to reward myself at the end and need to plan it now so it provides me that extra motivation to keep going.

Not sure what to do to celebrate - a holiday, designer handbag, tattoo??

What will be your reward?

Oh, and happy to accept friend requests - I log on here each day and will happily give you support and motivation.

Replies

• ladybuggprincess99
    ladybuggprincess99 Posts: 142 Member
    I currently wear a 24 and I weigh 270. I'm getting married in August. My goal is to wear a wedding dress that isn't bigger than a 16. I'm hoping to be around 170 by then. Fingers crossed!

I buy myself cute trinkets every 10 pounds or so. (Depending on the month and circumstances surrounding it) Good luck!
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    When I started here I wanted to reward myself with a holiday in England (it should have been in August this year, as I imagined that time). I didn't lost my weight by then. Even now I have some to lose. But I have my steady rithm, I have changed my lifestyle, I done a thing that I never could have imagined I could do. Should I have postponed that holiday just for the weight I didn't lose? No!

During this time I realised that the only true reward at the end is getting to the body I want.
    And that the weightloss is a road I must enjoy all the way, not at the beggining. So I need to buy nice looking clothes, go to nice holidays, go to a luxurious spa when I can/want, not some place in time. I don't know where the end will be, so why wait for it to do nice stuff and to wear nice stuff?

Everybody is different. I see no motivation in rewards at the end. For me it would be a permanent frustation that I have to wait until then to fulfill myself something I wish.

Well... some days I think that the biggest reward will be going to eat at maintenance. :laugh:
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    When I started I weighed 386 pounds. I did this in stages. First goal was to get below 300, reward was a pilates machine (had a 300 pound weight limit). Second goal was to get to 250, I did and the reward was replacing the clothes that had gotten too big in "regular" stores rather than places like Layne Bryant. Next goal is get below 200. I am currently at 234, actually kind of stuck there for about a month now. But when I get below 200 I want to get permanent makeup done on my eyebrows. I already have permanent eye liner and love it (did it years ago!). My eyebrows have gotten so sparse that I have to fill them in every day, so I would love to have that done permanently. Once I hit goal I will need reconstructive surgery to remove the excess skin (at my age it won't shrink). I want all the excess skin gone from the face down, so my final reward then is to get the skin removed myself that the insurance won't cover. After all the hard work and time to get the weight off, I think I deserve to look as good as I'm going to feel. :tongue:
  • I'm rewarding myself along the way with various little things...new clothing items to get me through, nail stuff, new hair color, anything! Once I reach my goal, I'm getting some new clothes and bleaching my hair (which I'm growing out along this journey, too!).

Oh, and I've love to be friends. The more the merrier! Request will be sent!
  • You've both done so incredibly we'll, and seem very determined to succeed. I've broken my overall journey into mini goals and was thinking about treating myself to a new charm for my Pandora bracelet each time I reach one.

ClementineGeo - you should definitely take that holiday to the UK; it's beautiful over here.

Ladybuggprinc - congratulations on your upcoming wedding day!! What a fabulously exciting goal to work towards. I wish you every success...
  • My reward is an industrial piercing and a new wardrobe when I get to my goal :D

This is what it looks like for anyone wandering:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bk1GMfVtl68/T2MZ1RHlUiI/AAAAAAAAADU/7T1zTRUBCzA/s400/Industrial_Piercing_by_firexcrotch91.jpg

Also I love the idea of small rewards along the way, definitely something that would keep me motivated.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    My reward when I reach my goal is to completely redecorate my bedroom! :D And a whole new wardrobe full of clothes :D
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    I figure buying new clothes are my reward, and they are a necessity, too.
  • SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    My reward will be NOT EVER having to stab my fingers to test my blood sugar!
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    My reward is going to be a top quality custom tailored suit, Hugo Boss or something like that. I know I won't wear it often, but I will definitely wear it enough that if it starts to get snug I know it's time to crack down because I don't want an expensive suit that I CAN'T wear.
  • It's great to see the vastly different rewards people have in mind.

The more I think about it, I think I'm going to go with the tattoo.
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Fitting my hoard of old clothes will be wonderful!
  • JaniceKW
    JaniceKW Posts: 6 Member
    I joined MFP just over a year ago (November 2012). I set a goal when I started that I thought would be difficult to make but not completely unrealistic. Through the year as I've shed weight I've rewarded myself with attractive new clothes as I've needed them, exercise wear, bath stuff etc.. I reached the goal that I set for myself a few weeks ago just before my 1 year anniversary. My reward then was a pair of boots that were a bit pricey than I'd normally spend. My doctor set a final goal for me which was an additional 20 - 25 lbs. As of last week that's down to 17 - 22 lbs. When I hit my final goal part of my reward will be a ring as all of mine are now too big to wear and possibly a vacation.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    I don't have a particular tangible reward in mind. Fitting into clothes from college would be nice. So would liking ALL the photos I'll ever take, not just the ones where it's taken from a great, flattering angle.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    I never really rewarded myself on my journey - apart from with new clothes of course. I set mini goals for events that were happening throughout the year, a wedding, my birthday, a holiday etc and other peoples reactions were a great reward.
  • NikkiDT9211
    NikkiDT9211 Posts: 39 Member
    My reward will definitely be new clothes and makeup. I am a makeup junkie and think using a trip to Sephora as motivation will work swimmingly. Fitting in and looking good in skirts and dresses is motivation also.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Reward.... being able to out live my wife...
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    My reward will be something I've never had: a NEW and COMPLETE wardrobe. Right now my wardrobe consists of a few pairs of jeans that don't fit quite right from K-Mart and free t-shirts I collected while in college. I have a couple of nicer things here and there but ugh... nobody has ANY idea what my sense of style is (not even me) because I've never bought myself nice things. I know I should put in the effort to lose weight and I'm NOT spending money on a nice wardrobe when I'm not even taking care of my body. I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't WAIT!!!
  • i have thought about this alot too, i have several major big rewards i'm working towards, the most important is having a baby!, I'm hoping with weightloss, a healthier body and lifestyle will eventually result in a lovely little baby of my own! I 'm not that stupid to think it will be that easy but its what i want more than anything in the whole world!
    Along the way i will have reawrds for example, wedding pictures taken as when i got married 5 years ago i was so depressed and self concious i didnt allow any pictures to be taken :(, Also when i reach my final goal my husband will take me back to the uk for a london shopping spree and a reunion with my family. Maybe possibly a vowel renewal as my family didnt attend my first wedding in China!
    I am also giving myself treats for every 10 pounds i lose, spa day, weekend away, new piece of jewellery etc
  • i have thought about this alot too, i have several major big rewards i'm working towards, the most important is having a baby!, I'm hoping with weightloss, a healthier body and lifestyle will eventually result in a lovely little baby of my own! I 'm not that stupid to think it will be that easy but its what i want more than anything in the whole world!
    Along the way i will have reawrds for example, wedding pictures taken as when i got married 5 years ago i was so depressed and self concious i didnt allow any pictures to be taken :(, Also when i reach my final goal my husband will take me back to the uk for a london shopping spree and a reunion with my family. Maybe possibly a vowel renewal as my family didnt attend my first wedding in China!
    I am also giving myself treats for every 10 pounds i lose, spa day, weekend away, new piece of jewellery etc

Oh my gosh! How exciting to be able to look to future and the beautiful baby you will one day soon be holding in your arms! I'm absolutely routing for you and it's great that you're looking at this realistically. There will be tough times ahead for all of us, but that's when the support network on MFP will come into its own.

We look forward to having you back over in the UK!

Good luck :0)