One Hundred Pushups

Replies

• carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Didn't get to do the test yet, abs are killing from my ab workut 2 days ago. Will do it tomorrow.

I too have problems with breathing when doing pushups, end up getting a killer head rush. Too busy counting them out to remember to breath properly. Something to work on

Carol
  • woohoo, just found this thread,

did my PRESS- ups, (I told em calatibo lol), only did 23 :grumble:

will start the program tomorrow i guess :happy:
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Week 1 Day 1 DONE:
    middle group
    :drinker:
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Week 1 Day 1
    Yah! I started!!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Doing day 2 tonight after work. I may go from level 3 down to level 2, because my arms are still super sore. This won't help me much if I can't move my arms enough to do a push up, now will it?

Think it'll hurt?
  • michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    I'm thinking about dropping to level 2 as well depending on how I do with day 2 of level 3 tonight. If it takes me a little longer to get to 100 then so-be-it.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Tonight will be Week 1 Day 2 for me! Can't wait. Still doing modified pushups. I think I'm just going to see how I do. If I start building up strength, then I may try to start doing full Pushups. Anyways...I'll check back tonight! Good luck friends!!!:flowerforyou:
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Okay, now, I finally did the test 15 pushups puts me in the 3rd column. Will start tomorrow. Will be doing it Mon, Wed, Fri. Wish me luck.

Good job shout out to everyone. We can do it!!

Carol
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Man some people on here are kicking some rear! I am dong modified pushups this week with the middle column. I will start Monday with the first column doing full pushups I hope! I also do other arms exercises in my work outs so this might be effecting my count. I am doing pushups first though, then my other work out. My next day is Saturday with modified, then no more. I might take longer than 6 weeks to get to 100 push ups but that's okay. I will just be gald to be getting more buff! :happy:
  • michaelhe
    Hey I love your Disney pics, mechanicmom. We'll be going to Disney World mid-September for two weeks! That's one reason I'm trying to get in shape NOW! The first time we went we were in so much pain because we weren't ready for so much walking around!! :smile:
  • EllaBella
    OK, so yesterday I started my pushup workout. I thought, no problem, I can do this, and at the time it was difficult, but over so fast. HOWEVER, today I can barely lift my arms to save myself, and I only did 37 pushups total--NOT consequtive. This may be harder than I thought!:grumble: I'm glad I had today off, the thought of trying to do a pushup makes my stomach turn:happy: Anybody else "feeling the pain?":laugh:
  • michaelhe
    Ella, I feel the same way. I am on Day 2 and was supposed to do 12, 12, 10, 10, 10+ but on the 5th round I could only get 5 (so 49 ... I am typing this with noodle-arms :laugh: ). I can tell I am making progress but it is looking like I'm going to have to do-over week 1 before I can move on.
  • valerie33
    valerie33 Posts: 26 Member
    okay i am soooo in!!! I use to be really weak in the arms, I have grown in my strengh, I love doing push ups but I usually do them with planks ~ i am going to check out the site, and add these in. I will post later on how many i can do consecutively, not sure, did 3 sets of 10 at the gym earlier and they were closed position. (for some reason they are easier for me)
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    week 1, day 2....that hurt, a lot!

almost got the breathing right, maybe not for 100 though....

so:

30, the last was a struggle, shakey arms, the lot.
  • week one day 2

One word - OUCH

I played squash on Tuesday for the first time in years and had a session with my trainer today. I BARELY made it through my push ups tonight.......but they are done!!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    QUESTION: I know some of you are doing modified pushups...are any of you doing REAL pushups? Like I had mentioned earlier, I think I want to do modified for the first week or two and then switch to real...do you think this is a good idea??

I'm doing real pushups at the moment - after I complete the program I'm going to do it over with diamond pushups.

Full pushups offer more of a benefit because a) there's more weight on your arms, and b) it slightly modifies the angle that you use for the exercise. Because you change the angle, you'll be using slightly different muscles compared to a modified pushup.

Both will help so long as you remember full range of motion, and don't drop yourself/use momentum. Go slow. Thats why I use a metronome set to 50 bpm. If you stick to it you get one heck of a workout. Full pushups will just help a little bit more.

I guess I can't do this since my metronome is in the shop. Scheech!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Woooohooooo! Week 1 Day 2 DONE!!!!

Still doing modifieds...

Yeah! Git R Done!!!!!:drinker: Next will be on either Saturday or Sunday...not sure yet! Good luck friends!!!
  • EllaBella
    Week 1 Day 2

39 total
    Oh my armpits hurt!! If I could get the first pushup done, then the next ones didn't seem to hurt as bad, but we'll see what my arms feel like tomorrow:laugh:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Last night didn't go well. My arms were so sore I could barely push myself up. I took a raincheck and will be doing day 2 today. I'm pretty sure I'm going to lower myself to the "intermediate" track instead of the high track.
  • woohoo, just done my first day :happy:

Week 1, Day 1

the last few of the last lvl were really slow loland i was a shaking wreck after the 18th lol