work??

Options
i am a nurses aide and i am on my feet 8 hours a day and i do alot od lifting and walking how do i go about and put that in for exercise? any ideas?

Replies

• jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i am a nurses aide and i am on my feet 8 hours a day and i do alot od lifting and walking how do i go about and put that in for exercise? any ideas?
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is just me, but, I only log my workouts. or if I do heavy house cleaning, or long walks with the dogs. I am a stay at home mom and I am chasing my 3 year old all over, as well as the dogs. I find it hard to log that stuff. I think when you are noticing a difference in your heart rate or that you are breaking a sweat that is when you log. I don't know. That is the way I look at it.
    Have you gotten yourself a pedometer?? You can check out how many steps you are taking a day, and challenge yourself to had more and more by the day or the week.
    Good luck to you.
  • lisajtxoxo
    Options
    I bartend part-time so I am on my feet a lot also. I got a pedometer for Christmas and it tracks the amount of steps taken and how many calories burned. All I have to do is attach it to my shoe during my shift. I still work out almost everyday though, I figure the cardio from bartending is just an added bonus! I'm very curious to see how this works because they say a bartender or waitress walks about 3-5 miles per shift! Once I see the amount of steps and calories burned I am going to add it to my exercise diary. Maybe you could do the same!!
  • yenn2
    yenn2 Posts: 25
    Options
    Make sure you list yourself as "active" or "very active" in your profile !! That way it's built in and your calories and stuff are adjusted with that in mind, as far as your weight loss goals. (under "settings" on your "My Home" page)
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I don't add anything that I do on a regular basis to my exercise.Just my opinion but you have to go above & beyond to see a difference.
  • amandastamey
    amandastamey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Im a CNA also ((PRN) and girlfriend, that is some really hard work! I do 12 hour shifts every so often and it takes me a whole day to recover! LOL :laugh: