woot.

PedalHound
PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
So none of my pants fit me anymore and it's been like that for a couple of weeks now. In fact, they're all gone. I'm surviving on work out wear. But now even 2 of my work out pants are slipping. So tonight I went out to look for a new pair. Went to a great store near me and picked this awesome pair of plum purple capri yoga pants. Wanted to try them on but my little sweeties were fussy (I had settled on the colour and style but didn't know which size because the sizes seemed to run slightly small - I took a L and an XL into the change room). I decided I'd just buy the XLs and if they seemed like they wouldn't last long enough when I tried them at home, I'd just exchange them later. So I get home, try on these great pants and they're a teensy bit roomier than I would have guessed but there's a draw string and I should get some good use out of them. Right choice. But when I took them off I realized I'd accidentally taken the LARGE instead!!!! Boy was THAT a little moment to treasure!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• PedalHound
    So none of my pants fit me anymore and it's been like that for a couple of weeks now. In fact, they're all gone. I'm surviving on work out wear. But now even 2 of my work out pants are slipping. So tonight I went out to look for a new pair. Went to a great store near me and picked this awesome pair of plum purple capri yoga pants. Wanted to try them on but my little sweeties were fussy (I had settled on the colour and style but didn't know which size because the sizes seemed to run slightly small - I took a L and an XL into the change room). I decided I'd just buy the XLs and if they seemed like they wouldn't last long enough when I tried them at home, I'd just exchange them later. So I get home, try on these great pants and they're a teensy bit roomier than I would have guessed but there's a draw string and I should get some good use out of them. Right choice. But when I took them off I realized I'd accidentally taken the LARGE instead!!!! Boy was THAT a little moment to treasure!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Hooray! What a feeling to go from an XL to a L and not even know it! Congratulations to you! It's moments like those that make us realize that all of this is so worth it!!! That's an inspiration to me, too! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    :flowerforyou: Sooo awesome! Congrats!! I can't wait to see what size I'm in once I go shopping pretty soon. I'm falling outta my clothes too!
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Congrats. thats so cool.
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    I love it when that happens!!

So do you need to go back and buy one in every color now??
  • PedalHound
    I love it when that happens!!

So do you need to go back and buy one in every color now??

That would be nice :happy: They have GREAT stuff at this little store.

I'm wondering how long I can last just making yoga pants my only clothing - I just really don't want to spend $$ on fitted clothing until I'm maintaining!
  • janetbr
    janetbr Posts: 20 Member
    Congrats! What an awesome feeling. I just bought a new LSU shirt for tailgating season. It's a little tight, but I kept it and now my goal to get into it before football season starts! Geaux Tigers :happy:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    That would be nice :happy: They have GREAT stuff at this little store.

I'm wondering how long I can last just making yoga pants my only clothing - I just really don't want to spend $$ on fitted clothing until I'm maintaining!
    [/quote]
    Congratulations:flowerforyou:
    I think that when I am able to go to a smaller size I will check out thrift stores and yard sales till I am where I want to be , they have some great quality clothing, some of it is new and I will be able to still look good. When you go to a store other people have tried on the same clothes you are buying... so why not get a big discount:bigsmile:
    Hope every one is having a great day
    Gabi
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Congrats! What an awesome feeling. I just bought a new LSU shirt for tailgating season. It's a little tight, but I kept it and now my goal to get into it before football season starts! Geaux Tigers :happy:

I'm doing the exact same thing!!
    Except for one important detail - Go Gators! :laugh:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    WooWhoo!!! It is the little things in life like that which keep us pushing on. I too had a similar event this morning getting ready for work. I put on my fav pair of black pants and was just swimming in them. Decided to look at the size figuring they were a 15/16. No, there are a 13/14 and waay yy too big!!! YEA for us all :drinker:
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Congrats! Yea for you! And you know...Oprah was showing black yoga capris paired with a cute top just the other day! Better than a jean...I'm tellin' ya!:wink: Keep it up!
  • :drinker: Congratulations! keep going, the rewards are great!
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    WAY TO GO!!!

4061.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    :drinker: Y A Y!!!!!!!!!:drinker:
    What a great surprise! Good for you!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Wow! Good for you! It's always nice to be in a smaller size than you expected.:drinker:
  • PedalHound
    I guess this is how we do it - one little tiny milestone at a time eh?

I can't believe that I've hit the 20lbs lost mark this morning. TWENTY pounds! It's like an illusion because I'm having fun and eating SO MUCH food that is so tasty and great... I love this site. What a fab tool!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!