Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge check-in January 3

Yawn! I need a vacation from my vacation, I think! Hope everyone else is full of energy and pep! Get out there and exercise!

I didn't end up riding my bike last night. I did make about 20 trips down to the car to unpack it, though. I could have cut the trips down some but I was looking at it as exercise so I went with it. I'll try to get something more formal in today.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Yawn! I need a vacation from my vacation, I think! Hope everyone else is full of energy and pep! Get out there and exercise!

I didn't end up riding my bike last night. I did make about 20 trips down to the car to unpack it, though. I could have cut the trips down some but I was looking at it as exercise so I went with it. I'll try to get something more formal in today.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I'm going to see if my inner-ear infection will allow me to do my yoga practice today. I may invent a new pose called "falling over onto my backside", but I'm going to try!

Hey, NIccole, what means "energy and pep". I feel like I've lost my mojo since the holidays and this infection. Sigh. I'm just trying to keep moving.

Anyways, positive thoughts, so I'm grateful for my functional body!!:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    This was my first attempt at The Biggest Loser Volume 2 workout. I can honestly say I LOVE IT! You are given the choice at the beginning of creating your own session. I did 45 minutes total and it was great. It got my heartrate up there and made me wonder temporarily if I need my head examined...:noway: I think I will alternate days of Hip Hop and Biggest Loser til Valentine's Day & see how that works.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Well I've been really good since the challenge has started and have came with in a few calories of my goal every day and have exercised the last couple of nights. Already down 4 lb.
  • Is it to late to join the challenge? I would like to commit to

weights 3x a week
    kickboxing 3x a week
    walking 3.1 miles 3x a week
    and hoping to lose 12lb

do I than check in everyday with my work out and once a week with my weight?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Beth - never too late to join - we don't check in with the weight here, that's somewhere else - but exercise is everyday.

Viviakay - careful with the yoga - I would skip it in favor of walking if I had an ear infection - almost every pose is a balance pose in some way. I would also tell you teacher and definitely stay away from inversions including down dog, if you decide to go. Don't make me worry about you!

Yesterday - 40 min elliptical, 1 mile walk/jog, 30 min weights.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Going for 60 min tonight.

So I have to share in hopes of making you smile/laugh at me. This step with resistance bands is kicking my butt. It has a bar that I use when doing squats. So I thought, no big deal, right? WRONG! I feel like I just gave birth and it hurt to sit on the toilet! :laugh: I just hope my measurements reflect the pain or I might give up these squats! :laugh:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    :laugh: arianne, you kill me:laugh: and I thought the stability ball my daughter gave me for christmas was my friend. first time i used it tonight and I just about did a face plant when I tried to do push ups with it. But I did a half hour of the stability ball and my daughter talked me into an hour of cardio by video. Boy I'm tired. See you all tomorrow, so glad to see you come aboard beth. :flowerforyou:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    had a break today I think I have overdone it my legs are killing me. Just a 1 hr stroll with the dogs and the usual housework for me be back on track tomorrow hopefully.

I think I will aim to do 35 mins on the elliptical with the higher intensity don't think I am ready for 40 mins perhaps next week or the week after.
    :frown: :frown: :frown: