Is it good enough o Loose shouldn't it be heathy eating?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    It depends on individual goals. Weight loss is primarily about calories, whether they be clean or dirty or slightly soiled.

Eating for long term heatlh is about more than just calories.
  • If you could re-type this in English, that would be great!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    It depends on individual goals. Weight loss is primarily about calories, whether they be clean or dirty or slightly soiled.

Slightly soiled... :laugh: Love it!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Healthy eating is about a lot more than just where you got the food or how you label it. A diet of only clean foods can cause weight gain or be lacking in essential nutrients just as easily as a diet that you consider less clean. If someone is hitting their macros, eating a wide variety of foods to ensure they get their micros, and has no health conditions or allergies that would keep them away from certain foods, then I don't see the problem here.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    You eat what you want and we will eat what we want!!! :bigsmile:
  • buddhitarian
    buddhitarian Posts: 5 Member
    Hi cottage gal. I think I hear in your post frustration because maybe you're denying yourself some things that you might miss. I too try to keep my diet healthy but it is in part because I put on the pounds by CONSTANTLY running through the drive-through window. High protein and moderate carbs used to help me keep the weight off, but now that I've had my gallbladder removed, my digestive system can't handle fat. So I'm kind of forced to eat soups and steamed vegetables and lean proteins. Steaks and fried foods are no longer on my menu, so my McDonald's egg, cheese, and bacon biscuits with hash browns are a thing of the past. My metabolism is slow and my hormones are out of whack, so weight loss is very slow. Just keep at it. I could eat higher protein and lower carb but my diet would be very limited and I fall off the wagon if I deny myself too many of the things I like and CAN eat. Slow and steady works for me.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 842 Member
    Wow really? I've lost weight and inches eating my fav foods which happens to be Sushi as well as Taco Time. I make smarter decisions with them, but I don't eat clean 100% of the time. I think i'm around 80%. I'd binge on really bad food if I didn't have it once in awhile. So ya, like everyone else says, calories in/calories out.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Hi, I know what you mean. I was on MFP for a long time with poor results until I discovered a way of eating just a few months ago that allowed weight to come off easily. It's called LCHF (google it or go to dietdoctor.com). Now I can eat foods that were once a "forbidden" thing, like bacon, and I'm losing about 1 lb per week consistently. Good luck to you.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    i am confoosed. Healthy eating is gud, but its ok to have treets sometimes. Why are u so worred about what eveyone else is eating?
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Well there is your problem, you can not "loose" weight.

Most people eat a deficit and exercise, that is all you have to do pretty much. The other day I went for a run and was able to fit sugar cookies and crunch n munch in my day AND still have 500 calories left over.

I like your style but I'd rather oatmeal raisin cookies and puppy chow
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    After reading your well written post, I am certain I will now completely overhaul my life to be like yours. As you seem to be so successful in so many ways.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    I think I understand what you're trying to say:
    Salad (healthy) vs
    French Fries
    not equal in health values

I do try and replace my fries with a side sald at fast food places. THAT being said, I want my sweets and salty foods, so I do eat them in moderation. Completely clean eating wouldn't work for me because I know I would end up binging or giving up.

As others have said, everyone's different.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    I clicked the thread to see if I could gain insight on the meaning of the title. No such luck. I have no idea what this thread is supposed to be about.
    on this we can agree.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    MMM Thanks! I'm going to grab some KFC for lunch!
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    I see some diaries and they stay within calories but eat gravies, fried foods , KFC etc and loose weight, but in the end what did ou gain? I try eat clean and I exercise and am maintains Not loosing, so maybe I have it wrong......except I feel better I know my body feels better.......sorry just had to vent today, thanks

picard-facepalm-o.gif
  • I think it is absolutely funny how everyone is attacking the poor girl for what she posted. Unlike most of you who asked her why she is so concerned about what everyone else is eating, her post was not about what everyone else eats. She was just posting a fact that she didn't understand eating unhealthy foods versus healthy foods and still losing weight. The people that attacked her should be ashamed of themselves. If you go back and read the rules of MFP you would know that you are not supposed to attack someone about their posts on the message boards. She posted so she could understand better not to point fingers at people who eat "unhealthy" food. People grow up and really think before you type!!!!!
  • MB_Positif
    in the end what did ou gain?

sorry just had to vent today, thanks

I don't know, I think that the OP was indicating that those who eat "dirty" foods don't gain anything from them and then she indicated that it was a vent. So it was clearly not meant to be a question.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Weight management is not necessarily linked to "quality" or "purity" of foods. Barring medical conditions, it is 100% about numbers. Calories, specifically. And it doesn't matter whether those calories come from fried foods, gravy, fresh fruits & vegetables, organic foods, or fast food. It's all about keeping your calorie intake within a range that's dictated by your age, height, weight, activity level, and goals. I lost 135 lbs regularly eating nachos, burritos, burgers, and pasta. Doritos are a regular part of my diet and I eat a single serving size bag almost daily.

Now that's not to say that eating heavily processed "junk" foods often (as in so often that they more or less form the core of your diet) won't lead to other health issues later on in life, but keeping these things in moderation? No problems whatsoever.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    I think it is absolutely funny how everyone is attacking the poor girl for what she posted. Unlike most of you who asked her why she is so concerned about what everyone else is eating, her post was not about what everyone else eats. She was just posting a fact that she didn't understand eating unhealthy foods versus healthy foods and still losing weight. The people that attacked her should be ashamed of themselves. If you go back and read the rules of MFP you would know that you are not supposed to attack someone about their posts on the message boards. She posted so she could understand better not to point fingers at people who eat "unhealthy" food. People grow up and really think before you type!!!!!

Pretty sure no one is attacking her so calm the eff down.
  • MB_Positif
    Weight management is not necessarily linked to "quality" or "purity" of foods. Barring medical conditions, it is 100% about numbers. Calories, specifically. And it doesn't matter whether those calories come from fried foods, gravy, fresh fruits & vegetables, organic foods, or fast food. It's all about keeping your calorie intake within a range that's dictated by your age, height, weight, activity level, and goals. I lost 135 lbs regularly eating nachos, burritos, burgers, and pasta. Doritos are a regular part of my diet and I eat a single serving size bag almost daily.

Now that's not to say that eating heavily processed "junk" foods often (as in so often that they more or less form the core of your diet) won't lead to other health issues later on in life, but keeping these things in moderation? No problems whatsoever.

:heart: