7 months & 121 pounds lost (with pics)!

Replies

• I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but wow! I had a wound closure issue with a c-section that wasn't even close to yours, but it was traumatic for me--all that gauze, lol--so I can imagine how awful that must have been. Yours is probably one of the most inspiring stories I have ever read and I am grateful you shared. Thank you!

Thank YOU!

It IS so very traumatic. I don't know if I'll ever get over it, but it certainly teaches you a lot about yourself doesn't it? There was another girl in the wound clinic that had had the same thing happen to her c-section scar as well.

I had a really hard time with it. I refused to look at the wound the entire time it was open. I never looked. Not even once. I even have pictures of its progress from week-to-week, and I still don't have the guts (forgive the pun) to look at them. One of the nurses made a rude comment about it to me, which really p*ssed me off. She said, "Why won't you look? It's your body." The other nurse could tell it made me mad, because she basically told the other nurse that she was in no place to judge, because neither one of them had ever gone through anything like it -- and that not everyone has the desire to look at wounds (since they're wound clinic nurses). All I can say is, if I had looked, I would have lost it. It was because I NEVER looked that I was able to keep my composure. My innards are something I NEVER wish to see.

It took me a while to even look at my scar for the first two months after it had closed. My bellybutton was no longer in the same spot, and I couldn't bring myself to locate it and clean it. I had to have my Mom, who is a CNA, do it for me. Maybe that sounds gross, but I couldn't help it. I was traumatized. As I started to lose the weight, though, I started to feel better and a little less 'scarred' by the experience. I finally mustered up the courage to just look and inspect it thoroughly. I check out my scar all the time now -- every time I pull down my pants. ;) It's changed a lot since I've lost all this weight.

Hopefully your scar isn't too noticeable -- unless you consider it as a sort of trophy what you've endured, overcome, and the beautiful life you've created. Wounds that don't heal normally leave not-so-pretty scars behind. Mine is still pretty hideous, and vulnerable. Which is why I have to have scar revision surgery. But I am proud of it now, despite its ugliness. It's a reminder of how far I've come.
  • Holy smokes!! You lost 121 lbs in 7 mths???? I just want to blink twice and switch places with you.. Congrats!!!

:flowerforyou:

Hey, you've lost A LOT of weight too! You'll get there in no time, and everyone is different. They always say, "Slow and steady wins the race"... But I say, "What race?! This isn't a competition. Go at your own pace." Thank you though!
  • Wow, the size of a bowling ball? How scary--even reading it, and how BRAVE you are to TAKE YOUR LIFE BACK!! A standing ovation for what you have accomplished so far.

It definitely felt as heavy as a bowling ball. A month before it was found, I remember feeling my lower abdomen and wondering why it was so heavy. And then I felt the actual tumor. It was hard and round. I was scared. I thought maybe it was just my intestines or something, but that's just what I told myself.

Before I was transferred to a hospital more equipped to deal with it, the first doctor thought it was a softball-sized tumor that had latched onto my intestines and twisted them around. I'm not sure which I would have preferred: The detached bowling ball sized tumor or the attached softball-sized one. Probably the former, since it wasn't attached to anything (although it had completely engulfed my left ovary).
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    i almost cryed!! you had a long painful life! im so happy your hear to tell us your story! congrats and good luck!!
  • musdoit2
    musdoit2 Posts: 35 Member
    You are such a beautiful inspiration and I thank you for sharing your story.. you touched many, including me... :-)
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    You are amazing for having gone through what you have and come out on top. A lesser person truly would not have made it. Keep up your amazing work and keep your spirits high! :flowerforyou:
  • Your story was riveting and brought tears to my eyes. To have to go through so much at such a young age and yet, you did, survived and are able to tell the story.

Please Keep telling your story. Record it and place it on YOUTUBE. It is an amazing story and needs to be heard. Such an inspiration to keep going no matter what comes your way.

Way To Go!
  • arhummel
    arhummel Posts: 32 Member
    You are beautiful! Amazing job!
  • mpenmetc
    mpenmetc Posts: 1 Member
    Wow! You are one Hell of a Girl and you will be great inspiration for me :) Simply Amazing.
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    you are a true inspiration and you look amazing
  • HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!! :)))) amazing simply amazing my laptop just broke from my jaw dropping on it
  • your amazing!! Congrats:flowerforyou:
  • raestanke
    raestanke Posts: 31 Member
    What a story! I am so sorry for all of the loved ones you have lost. You look amazing and you should be so proud! Good luck with the rest of your goals, you've got this!!!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Amazing story! You look wonderful, keep doing whatever you are doing

And lots of hugs
  • Lola824
    Lola824 Posts: 96 Member
    Thank you SO much for sharing this story! It is truly an inspiration to read it. I have NO doubt you will loose the next 59lbs!
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Wow!! I wish I could lose all my weight in 7 months!! I would be a normal size again -_- the 45lbs I have lost has taken me 1 year. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am so glad you are okay and sorry about your lost loves ones *hugs*
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Incredible story! You look so much younger and happier. The first thought that popped into my head when I saw the top right picture was, "Wow, she's beautiful!" Keep up the good work. You are one tough cookie!
  • Wow!! I wish I could lose all my weight in 7 months!! I would be a normal size again -_- the 45lbs I have lost has taken me 1 year. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am so glad you are okay and sorry about your lost loves ones *hugs*

You're not doing anything wrong! We all lose at different paces, and 45 pounds is A LOT! Be proud of that, and keep doing exactly what you're doing!

Thanks for the cyberhug! =)
  • HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!! :)))) amazing simply amazing my laptop just broke from my jaw dropping on it

Haha! Thanks for the chuckle!
  • Your story was riveting and brought tears to my eyes. To have to go through so much at such a young age and yet, you did, survived and are able to tell the story.

Please Keep telling your story. Record it and place it on YOUTUBE. It is an amazing story and needs to be heard. Such an inspiration to keep going no matter what comes your way.

Way To Go!

I intend to do just that! I've been video logging since Day 6 and will be compiling all of the footage together to create a documentary when I get closer to my goal weight. After that, I'll be posting weekly uploads as well. I'll post the information on my profile when I get it all up and running.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!