I am starving

peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
I got my wisdom teeth pulled Monday, and since then have been eating jello, pudding, posicles, applesauce etc. Today I'm starting to feel the effects, I feel pukey, lightheaded, have no energy. And of course what I have been eating is just sugar and empty calories. For at least 5 days they don't want me eating anything hot, so that excludes soup. The whole right side of my face is completely numb, I can't even feel my teeth on that side, so chewing is out. Does anyone have any ideas? I even dreamt about food last night, I am that hungry!!

Replies

• peej76
    I got my wisdom teeth pulled Monday, and since then have been eating jello, pudding, posicles, applesauce etc. Today I'm starting to feel the effects, I feel pukey, lightheaded, have no energy. And of course what I have been eating is just sugar and empty calories. For at least 5 days they don't want me eating anything hot, so that excludes soup. The whole right side of my face is completely numb, I can't even feel my teeth on that side, so chewing is out. Does anyone have any ideas? I even dreamt about food last night, I am that hungry!!
  • shashod
    shashod Posts: 103
    Make a fruit smoothie, my favourite is banana, kiwi and water. They are so tasty!!
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    you could make gazpacho
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    You could eat soup.

Hope you feel better.:flowerforyou:
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    vegetable juice.. like v-8..
  • dancegirl1
    dancegirl1 Posts: 30
    You could settle on cold soup
    V8 is a very smart idea
    Fruit smoothies
    Protien shakes
    Refried beans
    Quaker "grits"/malt-o-meal
    You could even eat baby foods - sounds silly, but at least you would get the nutrients your body needs.

All these ideas will be more filling and provide more sustenance.
    I hope these ideas help!!!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    fix yourself some Orzo it has the same calorie count as rice and if you add a little olive oil to it after its cooked and then let it cool down to room temp it should be easy to swallow and not require any chewing. I usually have Orzo with dried tomatoes, sliced calamata olives, feta cheese and olive oil as a side dish with dinner every now and then.
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    fix yourself some Orzo it has the same calorie count as rice and if you add a little olive oil to it after its cooked and then let it cool down to room temp it should be easy to swallow and not require any chewing. I usually have Orzo with dried tomatoes, sliced calamata olives, feta cheese and olive oil as a side dish with dinner every now and then.

YUM!

Grits is a good idea, and you could even add cheese for the calcium. What about ensure or like product? That is kind of heavy. Saltines broken into small non-chew size pieces?
  • hasselh
    hasselh Posts: 29
    Not to rain on anyone's idea but coming from a family of dentists, be careful with the small food items like grits. If you have sutuers, things like grits could work in between and cause problems. If you eat smaller items like that make sure you rinse your mouth well afterwards.
    I like the idea of smoothies and protein drinks. You could also soft boil eggs and cool them to room temp.
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    If you make a smoothie, add some whey protein, it will help make the smoothie more satisfying. It comes in a variety of flavors. Our local Safeway carries it.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    cooled down mashed potatoes

add some melted cheese to them, too.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    When I had mine pulled I lived on mashed potatoes and gravy from KFC. Mmmm...Just let it cool down some first. :)
  • MiaEllie
    MiaEllie Posts: 84
    The smoothie idea is great. Just make sure that you eat it with a spoon. If you use a straw, it could cause a suction in your mouth that could dislodge your blood clots from the extraction site or cause bleeding. YOU DON"T WANT A DRY SOCKET! It is terribly painful and requires extra trips to the dentist.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    you could make gazpacho

Yum, love that stuff!
  • I was so doped up (tylenol 3, lol. i dont do drugs very well) that i pretty much slept for 3 days. pretty painful too, since they gave me the kiddie drugs, so sleeping was better than being awake.
  • peej76
    I was so doped up (tylenol 3, lol. i dont do drugs very well) that i pretty much slept for 3 days. pretty painful too, since they gave me the kiddie drugs, so sleeping was better than being awake.
    I don't do drugs at all, barely take a tylenol for a headache, or even cough medicine for colds. That could be half of my problem, I just feel like I'm gonna pass out or die lol! Now they have me taking 3 different pills at once every 4-6 hours. I've cut back on them today, and even though my mouth is in severe pain. at least some of the dizziness has passed.
  • hoolihan
    hoolihan Posts: 27
    if i were you i'd invest in a slim fast or five! that and law fat home made creamy potato soup is what saved my life afterwards. and water...cut out the simple sugars n sweets..remeber balance of fat carbs and protien is important