So mince pies.

spg71
spg71 Posts: 179 Member
One is not enough
Really bad for you (on the physical level)
loads of Calories (has to be deep filled)
Everyone at work brings them in.

I LOVE MINCE PIES god dammit !!!!!

Replies

• Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    I don't allow myself any till December after my stepson nicknamed me "Pie-monster" 3 Christmases ago...!!

Although, they are fruity, so can they be classed as one of your 5 a day...??
  • I've yet to have one, this year so far.

Have you ever tried Heston's from Waitrose? The puff ones come with "Pine Sugar", and the shortcrust with "tangerine sugar".

http://www.waitrose.com/shop/DisplayProductFlyout?productId=140755#.Up0R_ydstZk
    http://www.waitrose.com/shop/DisplayProductFlyout?productId=299183#.Up0SFCdstZk
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    I made my own mincemeat this year, so will be making mince pies in a week or two. Drooling in anticipation!
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Does your mincemeat have real meat in it too? Nothing like a home made mince pie. I always make mince tarts with open tops and a star of marzipan on top. Get best commercial mincemeat I can and add brandy...
  • cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Love mince pies, so I make mini ones (with my own mincemeat:smile: ) and just have one. I don't like shop bought as much as home made and use this to convince myself that I don't want the pies people bring in to work. Also do lots of exercise first thing in morning so spare calories available for pies if desperately needed :bigsmile:
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    One is not enough

Me too! Avoiding them like the plague :sad:
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Love mince pies, so I make mini ones (with my own mincemeat:smile: ) and just have one. I don't like shop bought as much as home made and use this to convince myself that I don't want the pies people bring in to work. Also do lots of exercise first thing in morning so spare calories available for pies if desperately needed :bigsmile:

Hmm mini ones good idea as maybe less pastry. I have a tin for those somewhere...
  • Twinklewood
    Twinklewood Posts: 47 Member
    You guys are making me so jealous I'd kill for a mince pie but stuck in South Korea until March :sad:
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    If it helps I hate mincepies, so I could try and post them to you instead of offending everyone who offers me one lol
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    I used to be able to avoid them as I'm vegetarian but nowadays- most of them are made with veggie mincemeat.
  • No one in my house likes them so I tend not to bother buying them in the first place :( same with Christmas pud.
  • I can take or leave them luckily, but I do love a bit of Christmas pud, with cream - drool
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    One of the girls in my department is running a taste panel - she's bringing in mince pies from different shops on Mondays and Thursdays for us all to taste and judge and then she'll buy the winning pie for home at christmas! So that's two pies a week - be rude not to!! :bigsmile:
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    Usually I do mince pie trials from all the stores then buy from the Coop so this year I've missed out the trials and will just go straight to the Coop. Once they're in the house though I'll be lost in mince pie heaven.
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    The Lidl ones won last year apparently!! Nothing beats my mum's home made ones though
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    One is not enough

why are they really bad for you? if you fit them in your macros and you can have one every day....!
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    One!!!!!!! They're far to moreish to only have one lol.
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Find a way to fit them in your macros and cals, simple :) i will be next week when i get my *kitten* to the shops.
  • jo2907
    jo2907 Posts: 69 Member
    I ate a whole box of 6 over last weekend, :o( whoops, no wonder I am showing a weight gain this week!

but they are the first ones I have had this year and hopefully my last too... trying so hard not to buy any more!
  • It's bad luck to refuse the first mince pie you are offered!!