SHARKS TEAM PAGE

Replies

• barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Feel better Pam! Drinking extra water seems to help me during the worst days of TOM :flowerforyou:

Winston Churchill quotes are the best - LOVE him! :love:

Here is a great quote from Bruce Lee -
    "If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus; and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."

My results for Tuesday and Wednesday are...
    TUESDAY:
    Workout: 45 minutes stationary bike
    Calories burned: 338
    HIIT: 15 minutes (used bike for this too)
    Stretching: 6 minutes
    Reps: 50 bicycle crunches (variation on a "favorite") and 25 full sit ups
    EM: 10 minutes on elliptical trainer

WEDNESDAY:
    Workout: 45 minutes stationary bike (SOOO tired of the bike :mad: My foot is still healing and I don't want to push it!)
    Calories burned: 338
    HIIT: 15 minutes (used bike for this too)
    Stretching: 5 minutes
    Reps: 25 Roman chair reps and 25 full sit ups
    EM: 15 minutes (climbed stairs in an office building for 10 minutes, then parked way down the street and walked 5 minutes down and back to a store)

Have a great evening everyone!! :bigsmile:
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Hey team! Sorry for my late check in this week. I've been tired and it just seems that the day passes so quickly. I'm off to bed here in a bit as my head has been hurting for the past couple of hours. I took something for it but it is not completely working!

My points for Week 9= 130

Week 10
    Sunday- nothing

Monday- 0 workout, 0 cals, 0 HIIT, 0 stretching, 50 new core reps, 25 situps, 25 mins walking laps in house= 25 points

Tuesday- 45 mins Leslie, 185 cals, 15 min HIIT, 5 min stretching, 50 new core reps, 25 situps, 15 min step= 15 points

Wednesday- 60 min step, 608 cals, 15 min HIIT, 6 min stretching, 50 new core reps, 30 situps, 30 mins step and laps= 30 points

You guys are so great! Keep pushing and no matter what, NEVER give up!!
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Just quickly posting my Wednesday stats and updating the chart. Will be back to comment on all your GREAT work and to encourage later :bigsmile:

WEDNESDAY:

WORKOUT: 90 minutes :bigsmile: :bigsmile: (50 minutes 4 Fast Miles with Leslie Sansone; 20 minutes aerobics and 20 minutes circuit training)
    Calories burned: 780
    (Done all workouts and burned nec. calories ... but I'm not stopping there! :bigsmile: )

REPS: No sit-ups today, concentrated on new core reps. Did 75 (25 x 2 Frog sit-ups - interesting variation!; and then 25 jackknife sit-ups - SO incredibly hard! Had to keep taking seconds to pause in order to get my 25 done! :noway: )
    (All reps now done - new core and sit-ups)

STRETCHING: Did 5 minutes
    (Still 1 lot to do here)

HIIT: none today!
    (2 more lots to go here:grumble: )

EM: Did 5 minutes filling filter with extra squats and jumping jacks again, then in the evening I took over another of my daughter's chores (she is loving these EMs :laugh: ) and filled all the water bottles we put in the fridge overnight and kids water bottles for school - walking in place and doing calf raises as I did it - another 5 minutes. Total 10 minutes EMs today.

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE!
  • jaajh
    Well yesterday started well, with getting my 90 minute workout in, but went downhill rapidly from there :sad: Was bad on all sorts of levels.

HOWEVER, today is a new day, so here is my encouragement for you all (and for me!):

CKiVn0F.jpg

Let's make today a good one :flowerforyou:

And, just to update you - my little girl is now doing better and went back to school today :happy: So that's one less thing for me to worry about :love:
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 774 Member
    Tuesday Stats:

#1 - 45 minutes Wii Just Dance - 455 Calories burned
    #2 - HIIT - 15 minutes done
    #3 Goal Stretch - 10 minutes done (this is the easiest part of the challenge for me)
    #4 REPS - 50 new core reps, 25 sit ups done (I really don't like sit ups)
    #5 EM's for bonus points - Walked laps around my office for five minutes (way too cold to go outside)

Wednesday Stats:

#1 -n/a
    #2 - HIIT - 15 minutes done
    #3 Goal Stretch - 10 minutes done
    #4 REPS - 50 new core reps done , 25 sit ups done - I totally did not rep it up ....
    #5 EM's for bonus points - I did squats and jumping jacks while I waited for my son's bath to fill (10 mins) I stole that EM from you Ali :-)

ETA: I wish all we had to do were the HIIT workouts, I found a couple on YouTube that are great, intense workouts so you feel like you've really accomplished a lot in 15 mins. *sigh* I still have my 90 and my 60 to do for the week.
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    @Ali, I hope you are having a better day today.
    @Samantha - I hear you on the HIIT's, they really are a workout in their own right :explode:

My Thursday stats are below:

#1 40 mins (Circuit training) / 396 cals (All w/o's done/ calorie burn requirement met)
    #2 15 mins HIIT today (All HIIT's done)
    #3 Goal Stretch - 5 mins today (All required stretches done)
    #4 REPS - zero. (All NEW core reps done, All s/u's done)
    #5 EM's for bonus points - 5 mins j/jacks additional to workout = 5 points.

SPREADSHEET UPDATAED TO HERE.
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    And my encouragement for today ....

I am really struggling with my weakness for biscuits ... and normally have 3 or 4 every day ... today I managed to have just one ... anyway I have been trying to remind my self of the following:

"Don't give up what you want most for what you want now."

It might just help someone else ... Go sharks, still doing great.
  • kvonjohn
    Hellllllloooo!

Thursday

90 mins, 731 cals step and Leslie

15 mins HIIT done

5 mins stretching done

0 reps, 20 pushups

25 mins laps around house= 25 points
  • barkingbetty
    Hey Sharks!

I hope that everyone's feeling better, and I'm sending good vibes to those who need a little boost to feel 100% :love:

Here are my "slightly restful" stats for the day:

HIIT: 15 minutes (Turbo chair)
    Stretching: 5 minutes
    Reps: 150 (50 oblique crunches, 50 bicycle crunches and 50 regular crunches.
    EM: 10 minutes - Walked around the mall, upstairs and downstairs, after shopping.

Here is my motivation for today:

You just can’t beat the person who won’t give up.
    – Babe Ruth
    You gotta love Babe Ruth! He fueled himself with beer and cigars :drinker: Only a few of today's baseball players have been able match him, even with steroids! :laugh:

Have a great evening!
  • barkingbetty
    Ha ha ha - Look at the smack talk I just posted on the Dolphins page!

Hey Dolphins! Studies have shown that it's hard to lose weight if you skimp on sleep. Don't worry about logging those extra workouts this week - sleep is MUCH more important! yawn yawn yawn Go ahead - sleep late... turn in early... don't worry if you can't complete this week's challenge ohwell - a good night's sleep is MUCH more important tongue
    Love heart the SHARKS
  • barkingbetty
    And here are the missing smileys - :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :ohwell: :tongue::heart:
    Not sure why they did not show up (yawn, yawn, oh well, tongue heart!)
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    My encouragement for today...today is almost over!

That was it!!!

(Sorry, it's hormones!)
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Sunday 45 min snow shoveling 519 cals
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 30 min snow shoveling 346 cals & 20 min low impact aerobics 186 cals
    Wednesday 90 minute walking 418 cals
    Thursday 49 minute walking 307 cals

15 mins HIIT Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (C25K style)
    5 mins stretching Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
    20 sit-ups Tuesday, Wednesday & 25 Thursday
    25 side balance crunches Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

EM's
    Tuesday 15 minutes putting clothes away one item at a time....followed by a Chihuahua
    Wednesday 5 walking around the parking lot before shopping
    Thursday 30+ minutes walking around hospital during Hubbit's pre-op class

How did it get to be Thursday night? I did 2 days volunteering at A Door of Hope Pregnancy Center (like us on facebook:smile: ) and we have had to get chest xrays, TWO ekg's, lab work, pre-op physical, orthopedic apt, PT eval, and pre-op class. The past month is a blur! I will be at hospital Tuesday thru Friday next week as Dan's "coach". (Chich & Chawng will go stay with Oma & Granddaddy!!!) Mayhaps this is why the Lord Jesus has not yet graced me with a job...otherwise I would be like this right now :sad:
  • kvonjohn
    Donna I know the feeling. I went thru this last December when my mother had her knee replacement. I stay about 35-40 min from my mom and the hospital where she had the surgery is about 1 hr from my house. Not to mention that my stepdad had an outpatient knee procedure done a couple of days prior to my mom's surgery so he couldn't drive. So the first couple of days I was making the hour long trip to the hospital. I had to take the kids out of school for a couple of days. There was no way I could go back and forth that many times. Then when she got home I stayed with her the first couple of nights but had to get up early to take my kids to school back in our town, go home to shower and change, back to mom's, then back to pick the kids up from school. So yes, I completely understand what you've been going thru and I trust that God has you right where he needs you. Be encouraged and just remember that because you love him and you have been called according to his purpose, all things MUST work together for YOUR good! :bigsmile:
    praise_zpse4c711cb.jpg
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Kristie, your encouragment is invaluable! Bless the Lord oh my soul!
    praise_zpse4c711cb.jpg
  • kvonjohn
    awesome_zpsa7811a7b.png
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Wednesday: I survived, AND I didn't kill anybody else...how do I enter THAT on the chart??? It *should* count for something!

:laugh:

Thursday: not much better...5 minutes of stretching and 5 minutes EM (arm work)

Now, I've really got my work cut out for me Friday and Saturday to get all my requirements met! :noway: :grumble:
  • jaajh
    It seems a few of us are struggling this week. HANG IN THERE SHARKS! If you need to be encouraged, go and look on the chart and see how AMAZING the sharks are!!! We are storming through this week's challenge! Every one of us has exceeded the minimum number of EM points (even our eliminated shark - :flowerforyou: Donna!) and we are WAY ahead. HOWEVER, we are also more on top of entering our daily numbers than most other teams, so when they enter their stats that MIGHT change ... which means we just have to keep adding even MORE :bigsmile:

So so so proud to be part of such a motivated and committed team.

Pam - hang in there! You had done ALL your reps. You only need one 90 minute workout (OK - so it's the LONG one, but you CAN do it :love: ) and you can still get your HIITs and stretching in. GO! GO! GO! I KNOW you can do it :flowerforyou: :heart:

Fang - your encouragement yesterday hit me! I think it must have been posted just for me. Yes, I read it after I had eaten some pringles :grumble: :mad: BUT it stopped me going back for me snacks. I really want to lose this weight. I just need to tell myself how important that is to me when I feel like going for the crisps or biscuits. I have been extremely bad this week with snacking (stress does that to me!) and know I won't lose anything, but just hope I don't gain too much :embarassed:

Well, here is my THURSDAY:

WORKOUT: 60 minutes (30 minutes circuits, 20 minutes aerobics, 10 minutes lower body reps)
    Calories burned: 581

REPS: Just 25 sit-ups today

STRETCHING: 5 minutes done

HIIT: 15 minutes done
    (Still 1 more lot to go here :grumble: )

EMs: 10 minutes of filling filter, igloo and bottles and adding in all the squats, jumping jacks and calf raises!
    10 minutes burning rubbish - SAMANTHA ... I literally laughed out loud when I read your post! You borrowed my EM idea when filling your son's bath, and I borrowed yours when burning my rubbish :love: Glad we can give each other motivation :heart: I had 7 rubbish bins to empty. Took each one outside separately to area where we burn rubbish, and back in to collect the next, etc. My kids are NOT good at separating what is burnable from what is not, so I normally do that outside before I burn. However, normally I make ONE pile of non-burnables which I take over to another outside bin in one go (outside bin only gets collected once a month - and by a guy with a donkey and cart! Yes, this is Mali!!! So we therefore burn everything we can so it doesn't mount up - and have a separate place for food waste that we compost. Here ends my lesson in Malian living :laugh: ) Anyway, yesterday I did one item at a time to the non-burnable bin! Hence my extra 10 minutes (and the 2 bins aren't even that far apart - about 10 meters! LOTS of to-ing and fro-ing!)
    So total 20 minutes EMs :bigsmile:

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE!
  • jaajh

How did it get to be Thursday night? I did 2 days volunteering at A Door of Hope Pregnancy Center (like us on facebook:smile: ) and we have had to get chest xrays, TWO ekg's, lab work, pre-op physical, orthopedic apt, PT eval, and pre-op class. The past month is a blur! I will be at hospital Tuesday thru Friday next week as Dan's "coach". (Chich & Chawng will go stay with Oma & Granddaddy!!!) Mayhaps this is why the Lord Jesus has not yet graced me with a job...otherwise I would be like this right now :sad:

Donna - Kristie is right, God has you exactly where he wants you at this time. Will be praying for you and Dan throughout next week. When you can get online, let us know how it is going and how you are bearing up. We are here for you :flowerforyou:
    I love that you are still working alongside us even though you have all this going on, and despite an elimination. Sharx :laugh: would NOT be the same without YOU.:heart:
  • jaajh
    awesome_zpsa7811a7b.png

:heart: :love: :heart: EVERY shark truly is!