i broke 140

I have been trying and trying and trying to beak 140 and keep going below 140. Today I broke it and although I hesitate posting this- I am going to because holding my breath hasnt helped me stay below 140....maybe celebrating the success will do it!!

I bought a heart rate monitor and a pair of new running shoes to celebrate.

Here is to a continued decline of the scale and increase in health, wellness and happiness for us all!

Replies

• mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    I have been trying and trying and trying to beak 140 and keep going below 140. Today I broke it and although I hesitate posting this- I am going to because holding my breath hasnt helped me stay below 140....maybe celebrating the success will do it!!

Here is to a continued decline of the scale and increase in health, wellness and happiness for us all!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Congrats:drinker:

I just read your profile and I hear ya on the bloating. Have any ideas to pass on that kept the bloating down?
    Good luck and keep up the good work:happy:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    That is awesome!!! And great way to celebrate!!! :smile:
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Thanks to you all!! I am not used to boasting so that was hard for me to do!

RE: bloating- ahh- the bloating is a terrible problem if any of you have ever faced it. ugh, I feel for you. But I have ibs so it is a part of my life.

For me- I take peppermint pills everyday and really have to eat smaller meals more frequently. I dont think my stomach can take complicated meals or a lot of food at once. It is when I wait too long to eat or get really hungry and eat too much at one time that things get bad with the bloating.

I hope this helps. But the peppermint pills help me a lot. I get them from an ibs site called helpforibs.com. when I am badly bloated I try to go for a walk to help with it.

I will never take my stomach working properly for granted ever again!
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Great Job! I know what you mean about getting ecited on a mile stone and then going over it again. I keep doing that with 160. But it sounds like you are doing great and in no time you will be posting "Still below 140".
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Great job!
    :flowerforyou:
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    RE: bloating- ahh- the bloating is a terrible problem if any of you have ever faced it. ugh, I feel for you. But I have ibs so it is a part of my life.

For me- I take peppermint pills everyday and really have to eat smaller meals more frequently. I dont think my stomach can take complicated meals or a lot of food at once. It is when I wait too long to eat or get really hungry and eat too much at one time that things get bad with the bloating.

I hope this helps. But the peppermint pills help me a lot. I get them from an ibs site called helpforibs.com. when I am badly bloated I try to go for a walk to help with it.

I will never take my stomach working properly for granted ever again!

I have IBS and I have terrible problems with controlling my diet enough to keep the bloating (always look pregnant) feeling away. I will have to try that. Thanks for opening up and helping us out.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member

congrats!! I did the same thing this morning also...broke 140! I had been holding there for a few weeks!! It feels great to see a new number on the scale doesn't it!!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Yay mlillie!!!! Congrats! I think once I hit 10 pounds I'm going to make sure to get a HRM...IF I don't have one by then that is!!!!!!:wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!