My nipples hurt! HALP!

Ainar
Ainar Posts: 858 Member
HALP! My nipples are so sensitive! Holy crap! I never had so sensitive nipples in my life! I didn't even knew I had a nipples, I thought this is female only thing! :grumble:

Just came from 2 hour jog and I can't even rub rain water off with a towel from my chest, ouch! Apparently cold weather plus rain is not good for my nipples! :sad:

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Go to the ER and tell them your story.
  • Ainar
    Go to the ER and tell them your story.
    Even if that would make sense ER is too far away. And I don't feel like putting any closing on it just rubs against them and it's ouch! :sad:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Well, it sounds like they need a rest. Have you tried soaking in warm water?
  • Ainar
    Well, it sounds like they need a rest. Have you tried soaking in warm water?
    I just took a warm shower 5 min ago after run. I don't have a bath so can't sit in in. ^^
  • katymartino
    katymartino Posts: 17 Member
    Walk around shirtless for a while, gradually warm up, take some Ibuprofen, and you should be ok. If you have swelling, redness, or nipple discharge, go see your primary doctor, as this could be a sign of something more serious.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    1464986512_928e7eb923.jpg

Rub lotion on it before you end up like Andy.
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    apply two bandaids and call me in the morning :bigsmile:
  • :huh: So wear a sports bra.
  • Ainar
    Walk around shirtless for a while, gradually warm up, take some Ibuprofen, and you should be ok. If you have swelling, redness, or nipple discharge, go see your primary doctor, as this could be a sign of something more serious.
    Thanks. It really isn't that bad, it just... not feels good.

Omg, wtf?! :sad:
    :huh: So wear a sports bra.
    Amm... no, lol. :grumble:
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Amputate them. It's your only option or they'll become gangrened and ooze smelly puss.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Lily: (Reading from the book) Chaffing or blisters can occur in a number of different areas including the feet, armpits or even the nipples. Try using some petroleum jelly on the effected areas.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Amputate them. It's your only option or they'll become gangrened and ooze smelly puss.

Nothing like the smell of gangrene in the morning................

Sorry about your nipple dilemma. Didn't even realize this was an issue until now. Ewwwww!!!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    ouch
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    Put band aids on them.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Can't help you much now, but rub a stick deodorant on before the run.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member

Oh my god! Ow!
  • casiobarnes
    casiobarnes Posts: 78 Member
    Get some Body Glide (or something similar. It doesn't have to be that brand. Monistat has an anti-chaffing gel that does the same thing and is like 6 bucks a tube. Basically anything with dimethicone in it) and rub that on your nipples. It will help prevent chaffing. Also, get a running shirt; cotton sucks up too much sweat and gets wet and rubs.

EDIT: ah, you ran in the rain. Get a windbreaker too, haha.
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    +1
    apply two bandaids and call me in the morning.
    +1 on the first half.

hard nipples + sweat + fabric + running = "Why not just just save time and give yourself a dozen papercuts and pour lemon juice on 'em."

All kidding aside, same thing happened to me while on a diving trip in Florida. Only difference was that the salt water, and a poor fitting wet suit were to blame. My rig was rubbing the wet suit across my chest and the water temp was low enough. Try keeping band-aid on in that situation?!?!
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    HALP! My nipples are so sensitive! Holy crap! I never had so sensitive nipples in my life! I didn't even knew I had a nipples, I thought this is female only thing!

It is a pretty common problem for us males who run.

There are a couple of good solutions already posted: band aids, and lotion. You should know, that there is a nipple cream made for women who are breastfeeding. You can find it in the local drug store, and probably in a large super market. Get it. Use it. Works wonders. :bigsmile:
  • What to do is post it on a few more public forums to give more people a good laugh at your suffering :P

I once thought that going for a run wearing just a football top (or soccer, not sure where you are) was a good idea. The unfortunate positioning of both the club badge on one side, and the Nike tick on the other, left my nipples practically glowing in the dark by the time I got home. Vaseline for a day or two, and under-armour would be a good idea if you go out again :)