My nipples hurt! HALP!

Replies

• Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Walk around shirtless for a while, gradually warm up, take some Ibuprofen, and you should be ok. If you have swelling, redness, or nipple discharge, go see your primary doctor, as this could be a sign of something more serious.
    Thanks. It really isn't that bad, it just... not feels good.

Looks like you're going to spend the rest of your life shirtless. I'd suggest nipple pasties for when you're going out in public. Public decency, yo.

super-edit: You're male, what I said still applies.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Get some Body Glide (or something similar. It doesn't have to be that brand. Monistat has an anti-chaffing gel that does the same thing and is like 6 bucks a tube. Basically anything with dimethicone in it) and rub that on your nipples. It will help prevent chaffing. Also, get a running shirt; cotton sucks up too much sweat and gets wet and rubs.

EDIT: ah, you ran in the rain. Get a windbreaker too, haha.
    Stick deodorant works just as well, and 1) isn't as expensive and 2) you should already have some around.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    do you have man boobs?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    HALP! My nipples are so sensitive! Holy crap! I never had so sensitive nipples in my life! I didn't even knew I had a nipples, I thought this is female only thing! :grumble:

Just came from 2 hour jog and I can't even rub rain water off with a towel from my chest, ouch! Apparently cold weather plus rain is not good for my nipples! :sad:

Heh, don't wear cotton. :D
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Duct tape
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    I dare you to post this complaint in a forum for breastfeeding mothers.

And, tape them up next time. You'll be fine.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    I didn't even knew I had a nipples, I thought this is female only thing!

thank you so much for this.

you have made my morning.
  • dbmata

Is it a hot forum? I'll totally do it to trade pics.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    youre pregnant
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    You can't run a marathon with out putting some tape on your nipples.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    just want this in my feed
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member

This may just be the thread winner. :laugh:
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    1351386331175.png

Bodyglide, vaseline, bandaids (some shaving required). All work.

On the upside, it saved me going to the doctor to have a skin tag removed from my nipple.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Well you know for future - lube up, go shirtless or come to the dark side where Cardio = Not Even Once
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Nipple update 0.1

Well, the sensitiveness has stopped, now can touch them. Now just swells a little but less. Sure will be gone in couple hours.
    Thanks guys, I'm gonna make sure I check all those creams, deodorants and what not, do some research, so far I just ignored that. And right material for my shirt so my poor nipples should not endure such torture ever again, my poor little babies. :cry:
    do you have man boobs?
    No, just man nipples. Very manly, big and hard. And now also pink... but still manly! :happy:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    You need an anti-chaffing product. Glide is nice, but expensive. I recently found Lanacaid makes a great anti-chafing gel.

ETA: Anything that is petroleum based, like Vaseline, will ruin your workout stuff eventually as it breaks down nylon and spandex. Nylon and spandex are actually made from petroleum, so it essentially dissolves those fibers over time.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Super glue and then pinch the skin around them so that they are covered and protected internally. Wash, Rinse and repeat when the glue wears off. That ought to take care of it.
  • dbmata
    Well you know for future - lube up, go shirtless or come to the dark side where Cardio = Not Even Once

Ooof, that would make hunting, triathlons, and rock climbing very hard.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member

Ooof, that would make hunting, triathlons, and rock climbing very hard.
    Are you manually wrestling your prey? Rockclimbing I can understand... triathlon I am confused about, too.