Homemade breakfast sandwiches..with a muffin tin?!

missiontofitness
missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
So I had a package of English muffins, a carton of eggs, a pound of bacon, and some fresh cheese sitting in my fridge. Genius hit; I should premake breakfast for the week! This recipe will yield 6 breakfast sandwiches, which can cover you for the work week, and then one day when you might need an extra kick of protein!

You will need:
Cheese- six half slices of your choice (I used Stop and Shop Pepper Jack squares for this. I cut them in half, and they fit perfectly!)

To make:

Eggs: take a regular sized or jumbo sized muffin tin, and spray a very light layer of cooking spray. Crack each of your eggs into a bowl (I do this to check each egg for freshness before I add it to any recipe), then pour into the muffin tin. Sprinkle on any spices you want. I did black pepper for mine. Cook them at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until thoroughly cooked.

Once your eggs and bacon are done, prep a cookie sheet with your english muffins. Take one piece of bacon, break in half, and have that be your first layer. Put your egg top side down (the side with the yolk on top should face your bacon), then cover with one of your cheese triangles. Put these back into your heated oven for about 5 minutes, so your cheese melts.

Once you take them out, add the top of your English muffin, let them cool for a bit, then wrap in saran wrap or put in a plastic baggie. You can freeze these for later, or have them stocked in your fridge for the week! All and all, this should take you less than 35 minutes to have six days worth of breakfasts done!

Nutritional values for my recipe:
Calories: 280
Carbs: 23g
Fat: 16g
Protein: 17g

Please note yours will vary if you use other brands or types of ingredients so calculate accordingly. Add a piece of fruit or a smoothie with this sandwich, and you've got some great fuel to start off your day!

Also...if anyone can tell me how to add a photo, I can include pics of how mine turned out!

Replies

• Sounds awesome :) I used to just buy them frozen when I had early hours and had to eat during my commute, but if I ever have to make breakfast ahead of time I'm totally doing this. Much better for you, I'm sure! And sooo much less sodium.

Any good instructions for reheating? I assume 30-60 seconds in the microwave oughtta do the trick.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Sounds awesome :) I used to just buy them frozen when I had early hours and had to eat during my commute, but if I ever have to make breakfast ahead of time I'm totally doing this. Much better for you, I'm sure! And sooo much less sodium.

Any good instructions for reheating? I assume 30-60 seconds in the microwave oughtta do the trick.

I planned on wrapping it in a paper towel or napkin, then nuking it in the microwave for the amount of time you said. :)
    And if you use lower sodium bacon (or one slice as opposed to the normal serving of two), you can definitely cut the sodium by a lot!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    yum sounds good !
  • Do you use turkey bacon or regular bacon?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    I just use this and I have fresh sandwiches every morning in 5 minutes:

0004009425475_500X500.jpg
  • randomtai
    Do you use turkey bacon or regular bacon?

There is only one kind of bacon

bacon.jpg
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190

im pretty sure you can use whichever one youd like to your prefence. not sure what the op used, but ive definitely seen a recipie where they use turkey bacon
  • Sweetredpoison
    Sweetredpoison Posts: 66 Member
    Sounds good! I think I would have to freeze a few because having cooked eggs in the fridge for a while kinda of grosses me out.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Bump that sounds awesome!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member

im pretty sure you can use whichever one youd like to your prefence. not sure what the op used, but ive definitely seen a recipie where they use turkey bacon

Yeah, the recipe on Pinterest calls for ham. So, pretty sure you can use whatever kind of meat you like. Adjust calories accordingly.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member

I think I love you...:heart:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member

Yeah, the recipe on Pinterest calls for ham. So, pretty sure you can use whatever kind of meat you like. Adjust calories accordingly.

Could someone post a recipe for the one with ham? I'd be interested in learning to make that one.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member

WHAT IS IT CALLED? PLEASE TELL ME!
  • sjohnny

WHAT IS IT CALLED? PLEASE TELL ME!

Pretty sure it's called Crow

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvPFd6JJxZGui4Cu5ijPe0BZg9jZiL90sA2wKgh-DTRmUvJHO_AjJeaxY0pQ
  • I tried this with canadian bacon... they were great, except for freezing. The English Muffin ended up being a soggy mess.
    I tried microwaving and in toaster oven. Nothing worked. maybe it was the canadian bacon??
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Good recipe. I tried making one of these the other day without a recipe, and wound up with the bread on the inside...needless to say, it was terribly messy. Now I've got it down! Thanks!
  • sjohnny
    I tried this with canadian bacon... they were great, except for freezing. The English Muffin ended up being a soggy mess.
    I tried microwaving and in toaster oven. Nothing worked. maybe it was the canadian bacon??

OOH! I'd also be interested in a recipe for the Canadian bacon ones. Those sound good.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Pretty sure it's called Crow

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvPFd6JJxZGui4Cu5ijPe0BZg9jZiL90sA2wKgh-DTRmUvJHO_AjJeaxY0pQ

:cry:
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    It's the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker.
  • randomtai
    It's the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker.

This... and it's only about $20-30 bucks... best investment ever... Just had one this morning. :bigsmile: