72.8 Pounds down and counting

I began my weight loss journey in March 2013 when I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I was at my heaviest weight I'd ever been. I was also b-12, vitamin d, and iron deficient. I was put on prescription medications for all of it and was put on a 1,200-1,300 calorie diet (Diabetic diet). I had done give up on life and always stayed depressed and down in the dumps. This was a wake up call for me to have an excuse to get up and live and change my lifestyle and health. At this time I was a new in the Lord. Couldn't have taken the first step without HIM by my side. I took those medications for about 6 months before I was taken off of them. I am free from all those prescriptions medicines now. I have recently joined the nearby gym and have a new found addiction to it, instead of food being my addiction. I am taking charge of the food having a hold on me! I have lost 72.8 pounds since March 2013 (9 months) and counting. I record my weight every Wednesday and post it. I am happier now than I have ever been in my life, that I can remember. I hope to inspire with my journey and make new friends to share with me in their journeys. Feel free to send me a FR if you would like.

Replies

• tinabug72
    tinabug72 Posts: 13 Member
    Sorry guys, was gonna add some before and after pictures but couldn't figure out how to post them here..
  • myJOF
    myJOF Posts: 26
    Congratulations on your progress!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    congrats! I began in Mar too. And this time around, unlike all the other times I tried to lose weight, I too realized I have been successful because I turned this over to the Lord. Yep, finally, that was the key to this journey's success!! I am so glad and feel so much better. It hasn't been easy but to be honest it hasn't been dreadfully difficult either. My fitness group is based out of my church. work out 6 days a week and have the best online support group (same ladies from church) ever. I could not have done this on my own. I am so grateful that I want to shout it out, thank you Lord Jesus for bringing this group to my cross my path. I wish you continued success, I know you will succeed, just keep on trusting that God will take our hand and carry us when necessary. Happy holidays and careful during this time, snacks are abundant.

:flowerforyou:
  • pittdan77
    pittdan77 Posts: 98 Member
    Great work.
  • do2go2do
    do2go2do Posts: 2 Member
    Wow! What a testimony! I am proud of you - you are awesome.
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Congratulations!!! Way to GO!!!
  • Awesome job! There is a thread toward the top of the forum on how to add pics :)
  • jennifersmiles444
    jennifersmiles444 Posts: 118 Member
    Congratulations! That is a huge success!
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    God is so good... way to go...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tinabug72
    Thank you :)
  • tinabug72
    Congratulations on your progress!
    Thanks so much :)
  • tinabug72
    congrats! I began in Mar too. And this time around, unlike all the other times I tried to lose weight, I too realized I have been successful because I turned this over to the Lord. Yep, finally, that was the key to this journey's success!! I am so glad and feel so much better. It hasn't been easy but to be honest it hasn't been dreadfully difficult either. My fitness group is based out of my church. work out 6 days a week and have the best online support group (same ladies from church) ever. I could not have done this on my own. I am so grateful that I want to shout it out, thank you Lord Jesus for bringing this group to my cross my path. I wish you continued success, I know you will succeed, just keep on trusting that God will take our hand and carry us when necessary. Happy holidays and careful during this time, snacks are abundant.

:flowerforyou:

Thank you so much.. It's awesome isn't it having the Lord with you on your journey!? If it weren't for HIM I never would have been able to do this. I would still be sitting on the couch all depressed and feeling sorry for myself and stuffing my face and letting food control my life. If I would even still be here today.. I am with you on that note about it not being easy but hasn't been dreadful either, thanks to you Jesus :)
    That is so awesome that your fitness group is based out of your church. A lot of the people I go to church with attend the gym I go to but we don't have a group like that.. Excellent idea for a life group!!
    I wish you all the success in the world and send encouragement your way. Thanks so much for your comment (:
  • tinabug72
    Great work.
    Thank you very much!
  • tinabug72
    Wow! What a testimony! I am proud of you - you are awesome.
    Thank you so very much. Thanks for your FR (:
  • tinabug72
    Congratulations!!! Way to GO!!!
    Thank you (:
  • tinabug72
    Awesome job! There is a thread toward the top of the forum on how to add pics :)
    Thanks! And thanks for the info (:
  • tinabug72
    Congratulations! That is a huge success!
    Thank you. Never thought I could do it.. Proved myself wrong! (:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!