how long did it take you to be able to run a mile

if i walk 3.0km with an incline of 3 for half a hour a day how many weeks would it be to i would be able to run 1 mile
thanks

Replies

• Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Unable to determine an appropriate response given the information above. Please try again for next week.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    If you want to run a mile you need to start running. Couch to 5k is a popular method to start running.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Q1: If jhonboy walked 3.0km with an incline of 3 for half a hour a day how many weeks would it be till he would be able to run 1 mile? = IDK but why don't you try it & find out? :huh:
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Simply walking will not get you to your goal of running a mile. You need to run to be able to run a mile. Do intervals of running for a minute and walking for two. Do this 10 times. After a couple days increase you run time to 1.5 minutes. After a couple more exercises, decrease your walk time. Keep up the pattern of increasing run times and decreasing walk time until you can run a mile.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Try what is this try?!? Oh wait, yes yes...indeed if you are seeking a run of a mile I'd start with attempting it. Why do we fall? So we can get back up....yes yes. C25K is a good starting point. Print it, follow it, success follows.
  • CharlzO
    CharlzO Posts: 96 Member
    if i walk 3.0km with an incline of 3 for half a hour a day how many weeks would it be to i would be able to run 1 mile
    thanks

As far as running a mile, it is going to vary greatly between people. Someone relatively fit, even if they haven't run before, is going to be able to run a mile pretty quickly, compared to someone not as fit. The only way to know, is to run for a bit, and see how far you make it, and in what time. It also is going to depend on what kind of rate you're talking as far as running goes. 10 min mile? 8? 7?

I'm good these days for 2-3 miles or so, and that's not exactly at a blistering pace. I can basically jog for about 3 miles and then I'm just done. Probably lack of motivation. I might be able to do more if I was with someone else. But I could walk for easily double that or farther before my foot starts to hurt (usually I can get to about 8 before it's bad enough that I really need to stop).

Totally an individual thing, only way to know, is do it :)
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Q1: If jhonboy walked 3.0km with an incline of 3 for half a hour a day how many weeks would it be till he would be able to run 1 mile?

The New York train passes the Chicago train 10miles west of Grand Junction
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Walking isn't going to get you anywhere (especially from ZOMBIES) so try C25k!! As others have suggested!!
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    The only way to run is to start running. It took me a few weeks to run a mile, but I ran a little further each day.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Are you doing some sort of intervals as well? I used the ZombiesRun c25k program & went from 0 running to 1mile w/in a few weeks. But the key is intervals, you run & walk until eventually the running is longer than the walking. By the end of the program you are running the entire time.
  • MrJThomasEsq
    MrJThomasEsq Posts: 141 Member
    thanks

You are walking km's and want to run miles? Are you going to walk to the border and then run as you cross over? Are you planning to run statute miles or Nautical miles? If you are going to run Nautical miles you will definately need to bring dry socks.

Ohh, the answer to your question is France
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    thanks

The answer is never

To be able to run a mile you will need to start running, not rocket science really