NSV- Running!

I was super excited so I thought I would share. I don't consider myself a runner at all, for the most part I have always (ALWAYS) hated running except for in sports.

I am training for a half marathon and today was my long run day. I was able to run and keep up with people who were great runners and finished 5 miles in 58 minutes! Super proud and feeling strong.

And the best part- I actually enjoyed it. Ive decided, the more weight I lose, the more I enjoy running- it's a lot easier when I am not carrying around extra weight.

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    happy-dance-gif.gif?w=560
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    happy-dance-gif.gif?w=560

that's how I felt today ha ha
  • myJOF
    myJOF Posts: 26
    I think your NSV is great!
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    That's great :)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    This is a great story! Thanks for sharing. Congratulations on a wonderful achievement!
  • lisame1017
    lisame1017 Posts: 8 Member
    Congrats!!! Are you training for a particular half marathon? I'm a bit of a half marathon addict myself and 5 miles in 60 minutes is something I still struggle with!
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Yeah I am training for one on April 6th in Scranton, PA- Its been a bit of a journey but I am getting there. I am surprised because i am not even sore today! yay!

thanks everyone =)
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Very nice! I wish morer people would focus on the NSV's in life. Congrats to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!