When do you weigh yourself, and how often?

124»

Replies

• indianarunner76
    indianarunner76 Posts: 108 Member
    Everyday in the morning. Sunday is only day that I count.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Every morning, after my second pee (and hopefully a poo, but not always).

Although, if I know I am retaining water due to TOM, I skip the scale for a few days.
  • journey_man
    journey_man Posts: 110 Member
    Do it every morning before breakfast and is usually the most exciting part of the day for me!!

Reminded me of a scene from American Beauty, concerning an entirely different activity in the morning: "This is the high point of my day. It's all downhill from here."

I've only just began this process on Tuesday. Weighed myself today out of curiosity and found that I dropped an astonishing 5 lbs in 4 days. Yikes. I am guessing that would be mostly water weight. Especially since yesterday was my lowest intake day and I woke up today feeling weirdly euphoric. I am certain that I am under eating.

Gonna keep at it twice a week for 2 weeks or so, but in the longer term, it's once a week.

I refuse to stress myself doing it every day. I don't even trust my $30 scale to be accurate enough to record daily fluctuations, which must be well under the scale's margin of error.

So to resist the temptation to get on every morning, I put the scale in a slightly hard to reach corner of the bathroom.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    As seldom as I can, because for me, weight isn't very indicative of how I am doing with my goals. And because I have screwy hormones while figuring out HRT, my weight has gone up ~ 10 lbs, yet I look leaner.

I really am quite a speshul snowflake. :blushing:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Do it every morning before breakfast and is usually the most exciting part of the day for me!!

Reminded me of a scene from American Beauty, concerning an entirely different activity in the morning: "This is the high point of my day. It's all downhill from here."

I've only just began this process on Tuesday. Weighed myself today out of curiosity and found that I dropped an astonishing 5 lbs in 4 days. Yikes. I am guessing that would be mostly water weight. Especially since yesterday was my lowest intake day and I woke up today feeling weirdly euphoric. I am certain that I am under eating.

Gonna keep at it twice a week for 2 weeks or so, but in the longer term, it's once a week.

I refuse to stress myself doing it every day. I don't even trust my $30 scale to be accurate enough to record daily fluctuations, which must be well under the scale's margin of error.

So to resist the temptation to get on every morning, I put the scale in a slightly hard to reach corner of the bathroom.

Good work journey_man! Yep, likely water, but here's to feeling less bloated. :drinker:
  • Kingtjr47
    Kingtjr47 Posts: 12 Member
    Same time, same day every week. Once a week only.
  • 87monkey
    87monkey Posts: 83 Member
    I am going for once a month, but it is working out to about once every two weeks so far lol
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Almost every morning after I pee. Not an obsessing kinda thing, I just like to keep track of my fluctuations
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Every morning.
    I track it on a moving avrage app called Libra. This helps me to not stress over little daily fluctuations. And to get a better idea of my true weight.
  • laurenpjokl
    laurenpjokl Posts: 118 Member
    I don't weigh very regularly at all. I use the scales at the University's gym, and since I've been exercising at home lately I haven't weighed myself in around two weeks. I don't own a set of scales myself, but I know I'll be tempted to use my parents' when I go over. At this time of year, I think I should probably wait until January to weigh myself, and then reevaluate from there.
  • ajcmoran2005
    ajcmoran2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Every morning after I pee :)
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    every few weeks
  • too much lol
  • I haven't weighed myself in over a month. I threw out my scale and I think I'll weigh myself the next time I go to the doctor.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    In the morning, every day, and I use TrendWeight to sort out the ups and downs.
  • I weigh and measure every Monday morning before breakfast! :)
  • jmatthews78
    jmatthews78 Posts: 14 Member
    Every day when I wake up. Record on Friday.
  • In the morning, every day, and I use TrendWeight to sort out the ups and downs.

me too, every morning but what is TrendWeight? if I google will I buy something I don't need?

ETA ok I googled and I would have to buy new scales.
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Every Friday after my workout - no clothes!
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Every morning, in my undies, as soon as I get up and use the bathroom before ingesting any drink or water.

I track my weekly minimum, maximum, and average on a spreadsheet to see the overall trend.