Ok...you workout. So what about your diet??

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    We get it...you go to the gym and put in a good 60 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. Exercise is such a small % of our day...eating is a much larger percentage. This is why I consider NUTRITION more important than exercise for most people.

Share some of your thoughts on this matter!

In my opinion you posted a very nice question; but I will tell you why you didn’t get any nice responses or ideas:
    1) No references to boobs, nudity or to any part of a male or female body.
    2) You didn’t clarify or ask if the exercise routine includes or should include squats, dead lifts or LIFT HEAVY.
    3) You didn’t argue or ask about eating back exercise calories, eating more or less than 1200 calories, TDEE, BMI, VO, etc.
    4) Your question about diet didn’t bash any Paleo, vegan, vegetarian, low carb, no sugar, clean eating or junk food.
    5) Above all, your posting didn’t include one of those funny looking cartoons
    6) Bottom line is that unless you start a controversial threat about any of the above subjects, you will not get too many nice responses.
    So, and to answer your question, yes, my nutrition/calories/macros are very important and crucial for my health and to keep my weight under control. I exercise to keep my fitness and because I love to exercise, not because I want to eat more. So let the good times, discussion and controversy roll….

He didn't ask a question, he made a statement which is so blindingly obvious to most people on a food-logging website, it invites ridicule.

That and the arrogance that he knows the answers, so come ask him.

I didn't detect any arrogance or ridicule in the OP, and according to so many threats, questions and statements about nutrition, calories and macros, many poster are "blindingly obvious" about nutrition.

Hmm. Detector malfunction.
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Original Poster, you could have asked the question in a less snarky way, and Secondary (and Tertiary) Posters could have responded in less snarky ways, as well.
    [/quote]

Gym rats? Do tell.
    [/quote]

Sarauk... sorry about that, it was a rude term and not necessary. My apologies.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    I didn't think thread was going to go anywhere!! So in.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Original Poster, you could have asked the question in a less snarky way, and Secondary (and Tertiary) Posters could have responded in less snarky ways, as well.

Gym rats? Do tell.

Sarauk... sorry about that, it was a rude term and not necessary. My apologies.

Accepted and thank you :flowerforyou:

Edited to fix quotes...although I am not sure why ITT.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    oh nooze! Benny's other topic got locked!!! I was so hoping to break 1000 in there!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    oh nooze! Benny's other topic got locked!!! I was so hoping to break 1000 in there!

lol, and it was just getting to official laugh-so-hard-i spit-my-water status.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member

lol, and it was just getting to official laugh-so-hard-i spit-my-water status.

Oh but there's another brewing if it's not locked yet.
  • Maybe you all can get this one locked too?
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Because I don't know how to quote properly......
    Signed,
    Newb
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Maybe you all can get this one locked too?

shhhh. Work in progress
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

Who is "you all"?
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member

Who is "you all"?

Your mom.

I guess.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

Who is "you all"?

Your mom.

I guess.

:huh:
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Healthwise equally important. We need healthy foods to maintain a healthy weight. Exercise is great also without it where would we get muscle gains and helps keep us heart healthy. Sure you will lose weight with just diet but eventually you come to a point where you want a nice fit toned body.
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    We get it...you go to the gym and put in a good 60 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. Exercise is such a small % of our day...eating is a much larger percentage. This is why I consider NUTRITION more important than exercise for most people.

I concur.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member

I concur.

I go to the gym and put in a good 60 minutes 3 days a week. Just sayin.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Exercise is such a small % of our day...eating is a much larger percentage.

No, not really, I spend more hours exercising than I do sitting at a table with a fork in my hand.
  • LaurenEileen74
    LaurenEileen74 Posts: 142 Member
    oh wonderful delicious food and wine...how you wreck my diet.
  • [/quote]

I go to the gym and put in a good 60 minutes 3 days a week. Just sayin.
    [/quote]

That's awesome!
  • We get it...you go to the gym and put in a good 60 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. Exercise is such a small % of our day...eating is a much larger percentage. This is why I consider NUTRITION more important than exercise for most people.

I concur.

Thanks