Weigh in

Should you weigh yourself the same time every day? I have heard that and that you should do it in the morning? Any thoughts?

Replies

• Zen123
    Zen123 Posts: 29
    Should you weigh yourself the same time every day? I have heard that and that you should do it in the morning? Any thoughts?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    How often you weigh is up to you..but yes, I think the same time every day, in the morning before you eat and drink anything is most accurate. I weigh once a week.
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    yup,.. let me tell you why.. .. from experience... i was doing weight watchers... the only time that a meeting was held that was close to me.. was at 530...pm.. ive eaten all my meals except dinner... i was losing.. like only ounces.. a week.. i said there is nooo way.. im losing just ounces.. so one morning .. i went to a farther away meeting.. before i ate and before i did much moving around.. i lost 4 lbs..... Thats the difference..... HUGE DIFFERENCE... so before i went to that father away meeting.. i weighed myself.. to see if my scale matched... it was right on the money.. then i found this site... i figured that with the support here.. from my friend angie... who is Tanzamama on this site.. i decide that i dont need to spend money on ww... now i take that money and buy .. extra food i can eat... orrrrr equipment..like my new hear rate/ calorie monitor.... im losing.. and im feeling great.. i just hit my first mini goal.. this past week... so yes .. it does make a HUGGEEEEE DIFFERENCE
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    They always say that in the morning, after you pee, and before you eat anything isn't really your "accurate" weight...but I sure as heck like it! So that's when I do it!:laugh: They also say that it really doesn't matter WHEN you weigh (because as women our weight can fluctuate within 5 pounds in an entire day!), as long as you weigh at the same time, in the same type of outfit everytime. That way it'll be a more accurate comparison.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    in the same type of outfit everytime. That way it'll be a more accurate comparison.

You mean I'm supposed to wear clothes???!!!! :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :noway:
  • Zen123
    Thanks all for the info!

Have a great weekend!:flowerforyou:
  • Jezika
    Jezika Posts: 82 Member
    You should weigh in right after you get up. Before you drink or eat anything and after you take a turn on the toilet, and in the buff. Clothing weights vary so it's best to not have them on to fuss with guessing how much to subtract overall.
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Ditto what Jezika said. Wake up, potty, strip down, weigh in, do the happy dance because you've worked hard and it's showing, then face the day. :laugh:
  • Zen123
    It's just hard for me to do that because I switch shifts at work. Honestly, it's all over the place. One week it will be first, two weeks on second and then thirds for a while.
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    I agree with weighing in at the same time each time. I find I feel the best about my weigh ins when there isn't anything more I can do to weigh less - meaning; naked after am toilet trip right before shower. So empty bladder, naked, dry hair weigh in.
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    in the same type of outfit everytime. That way it'll be a more accurate comparison.

You mean I'm supposed to wear clothes???!!!! :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :noway:

No kidding! I take out my hairbands, remove glasses, bracelets, wedding ring, lol!!! If i had nailpolish on id probably take it off!:bigsmile: :wink: :laugh:
  • bonniedo1
    bonniedo1 Posts: 6 Member
    i was weighing myself the same day every week and would lose a pound or two. To me, that was very discourageing so i waited a month before I weighed again and i lost another 10 lbs. For me, It made me feel like it was all worth it.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    I'm with Jezika and others...

- First thing in the morning
    - Before consuming anything
    - After eliminating
    - Totally naked (jeans weigh 1lb on their own!) :noway:

:flowerforyou:
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Wake up
    potty
    drink some coffee
    relax for a bit
    potty again...longer appointment this time...
    strip down to undies and bra
    weigh myself

Anyone who has a motorcycle understand the "dry" weight...