zkl3ib.jpg
v5wi0x.jpg
2n668o9.jpg
ouwi9h.jpg
ddly00.jpg

Replies

• Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    I'm not going easy here....but after doing the chart...I'm seeing this is one of the toughest weeks "workout" wise I've put up and on Christmas week...MEAN!!! ...so I am going to change the 90 minute to a 60 minute....the 120 stands...but can be broken up into as much as 3 parts during the day and since I am not requiring calorie burns this week - these can be as tough or as simple as you wish...my push for the holiday week is to keep you moving!!!! Even if that's just a nice 2 hour walk with your family or a workout in the am and afternoon stroll...or 2 hours of big workouts...your call certainly how you fit it into all your family stuff you have going on!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Sheri the week looks very doable but I will do some sort of core but not a full sit-up due to the surgery.
  • vhuber
    I have given up CHOCOLATE for the week except on Christmas day I plan to have some of the desert I am bringing that has chocolate in it! I will drop from the team if I eat any on the other days!! (Got to be serious)

On #4 part 2 of the PC.
    I see on my body that I have lost weight!
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Sheri- The week looks great, but I have to step out of the challenge. After a weekend of some awful pain(seriously- I'd rather give birth), I had emergency dental surgery today. Drs order to not exercise for at least 72 hours so it can heal properly.

I'm bummed, but I am so happy to have made it this far! Thanks for everything! :)
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Well, my 'personal' food thing will sound a little subjective, but *I* will know if I'm successful or not! For our family get-togethers today AND tomorrow, I will NOT over-eat...I plan to eat what is served AND even have dessert but NOT stuff myself (like I've been doing for the past several days.)

After eating bad this past week, I'm having a hard time with the mirror deal...I *am* happy that even after over-indulging, I am still fitting in the smaller clothes that I brought on this trip (specifically, a size 4 denim skirt that I will be wearing today.) If (no...WHEN) I am successful today and tomorrow at not over-eating, hopefully I will have more positive thoughts and things to say as the week goes on!
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    My willpower goal for Christmas day feasting will involve not eating OR drinking to the point of uncomfortable fullness. I remember how I felt the last time I overate, and it is an awful feeling! It's easy to forget that awful feeling when you are around yummy food, but I will force myself to think of the unpleasant feeling of fullness as I make my food choices tomorrow. Like Pam, only I will know whether or not I have accomplished this goal! :blushing:

Physical improvements that I am proud of involves my belly area! I used to have a substantial belly pooch that my ex-husband affectionately referred to as my "passion belly", but believe me, he was just trying to be nice :tongue: I have been doing so much more ab work than usual with this awesome challenge, and I am very happy with the results. I'm not ready to be a swimsuit model or anything, but it is nice to have less girth around my middle :laugh:
  • vhuber
    My face is VERY pale since the surgeries but I do not have a double chin!!!!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    While my weight is not doing what I want it to do. I am more tone and can see more muscle definition. Also I have had to do physical therapy now almost two months twice a week for an injury. They are always like "now if you need to stop" or "Is that to much for you". I always giggle and think to myself this is a nice warm up come on when are we going to work. So I have to say my strength has definitely improved as has my stamina.

As for if I over indulge any this week its HIIT for me. Depending on how bad I go over to how much I have to do. I am not a fan of HIIT so I will be trying my best to be good this week.
  • vhuber
    Merry Christmas to ALL!!!! May you be blessed with great happiness today & that you receive an awesome workout series that will bring you to your goal!!!
    (I got the new P90X3 series!)
  • kmbhoya2000
    kmbhoya2000 Posts: 174 Member
    Merry Christmas!!!

My plan for this week is to not overindulge to uncomfortable fullness, as someone above said. And that mostly hits me with desserts...

My penance is 5 burpees...

That said, I had 5 burpees for last night & 5 for today...

I like my abs when I look in the mirror.

And also, even though a couple of pounds have crept on the last couple of weeks, I am happy that I am looking strong, that's the most important to me...
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    While looking in the mirror sucks a lot lately i have been loving how long my hair is getting and how cute it is when i let the natural curls do their thing. Also even with the weight to to i am liking the curve at my waist even though it is disappearing.

I am not going to say i am giving up anything because then i over indulge on it but i have been all week eating only have of whatever sweets i want and giving the other half to someone else to share with me. Penance if i don't will be 5 burpees.
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Well, the Christmas feast has ended and it feels good to not be stuffed to the gills! I was even able to complete day 25 of the ab/squat challenge AFTER dinner, which never would have happened if I had been too full! It really helped to have made that promise on MFP :bigsmile:

For physical improvements: tonight I wore a sleeveless top, and I really like the way my arms look now. My upper arms are smaller and much more defined. I even noticed my sister checking them out, which felt good because there's always been a little sibling rivalry there. Tee hee! :devil:

I hope that everyone had a marvelous Christmas Day!
  • vhuber
    I had given up chocolate for the week except for Christmas day so I could try the desert I made but with not having much appetite from surgery I did not even eat a bite. They all said it was fabulous!
    I can definitely tell I"ve lost weight, my favorite size 7 jeans are getting quite baggy!!!
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    It takes a LOT to stop this shark, but Something finally has :sad: as I told my beloved shark pals last Friday when I was taken into hospital, I have Dengue fever. Seems even a shark can't argue with that (although it started the Tuesday night before and I STILL completed last weeks challenge - just! - so I put up a good fight :bigsmile: ) 3 days in hospital. Home and really very unwell since. I rejoice when I can walk around the house for a minute without getting faint, so the challenge is a little beyond me right now! However, I'm doing great on low sodium and lots of water :laugh: so I will still be recording SOME points :happy: and my shark pals don't lose me that easily! Sheri, I am a very reluctant drop, but will be a shark until the end, so playing along in whatever little ways I can!

All of you still in this are amazing! Well done to each and every one of you! But I am still hoping a shark wins this :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

And sorry this is a little late, but Happy Christmas everyone!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    So sad to read some are having to drop out do to health issues. Please everyone get better quick. And stick with your teams in any way you can. Even if just to cheer them on and smack talk everyone else. :smile:
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    I too am a shark and feeling sad that my great teammate jaajh has been struck down ... we miss her :sad: She is fantastic. Get well soon Ali.

Ok, so i am finally going to post a physical attribute ....

To start with, I am beginning to fit into more of my size 12 pants ... and that feels good. And when I look into the mirror, I am seeing more definition in my arms and calves as well as my waist. All good :bigsmile:
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    I never thought that this close to goal I would still be finding things that I don't see the change in. I've heard before about not being able to see the changes in yourself but I didn't think that would be me. So thankfully I have this challenge that has me to actually look for and see the changes. I've posted before about being happy to see my collarbone again, I'm also happy with not having to tuck my spare tire/love handles into my pants after I buckle my belt, and I love that my chin is single once again! Thank you for allowing me to celebrate me!:flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    I like myself well enough to say "I will never give up!" even while fighting back depression from these last 3 surgeries, a husband who is a controll freak & who has a panic disorder. I must say this has been my worst year & can only believe that the new year will be brighter!!
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    I like myself well enough to say "I will never give up!" even while fighting back depression from these last 3 surgeries, a husband who is a controll freak & who has a panic disorder. I must say this has been my worst year & can only believe that the new year will be brighter!!

Here's to your 2014 being the VERY BEST YEAR of your life (up to that point!)

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    ^^^^^ I second that :flowerforyou: