Starting all over again 1/1/2014

Replies

• Hi I just joined today and my name is Tina I am starting over for probably the tenth time trying to lose the same 40 pounds that I keep gaining in the winter and losing in the Summer. This yr. 2014 I am changing things up and going to lose the 40 pounds in the winter then lose another 40 pounds in the Summer. I know how to do it and because of health and the fact that I am not getting any younger it is really important for me to get to my goal this time and not let myself gain it back.
  • choaks
    choaks Posts: 6 Member
    I'm starting over again too. Looking for peers to add that are in the same boat for motivation, recipes, support and exercise tips. The only reason I'm starting Jan 6th is to easily keep track of days and exercise during my work lunch. Also gives me a few days to read up, learn, and prep. I prefer to take this time to be prepared rather than jump in and fail because I'm so lost with this whole process. So please add me if you're willing to share this journey with me. We can do it together.
  • alienaliens
    alienaliens Posts: 64 Member
    There have been two occasions when I had to Start Over myself, and I picked a date to start over because I didn't have the food to start over with. Getting a check once a month, and on a very limited income, I had no choice but to pick a date to start, cause I was not going to start logging the crap that I had in my kitchen. Its not mean ask why wait, cuz there may be a reason. Otherwise if its just to overeat for a few more days, nah.
  • alienaliens
    Hello all, I am starting over as well, I am really at risk now and unfortunately already suffer with alot of Degenerative bone and joint problems.Today is my 1st day on Atkins, I went shopping yesterday and bought all I need for two weeks, then today I cut up and diced some veggies already to use in the meals I cook as I cant stand for long because of osteoporosis and osteoarthritis the less time on my feet ,the less pain I will struggle with. You can add me as friend if you like.

Hello, I hear you on that degenerative bone and joint. I keep reminding myself it would not be so bad if I get this extra 12 off my knees. I've been holding on to the last 12 for almost a year. Most good wishes for success to you
  • alienaliens
    I'm starting over again too. Looking for peers to add that are in the same boat for motivation, recipes, support and exercise tips. The only reason I'm starting Jan 6th is to easily keep track of days and exercise during my work lunch. Also gives me a few days to read up, learn, and prep. I prefer to take this time to be prepared rather than jump in and fail because I'm so lost with this whole process. So please add me if you're willing to share this journey with me. We can do it together.

I like your reason for picking a day to start over:happy:
  • Good luck with the reStart!
  • (this made me LOL)
    Yeah, why wait until January 01? Why not wait until after Valentine's Day? There's going to be lots of tempting chocolates coming your way.
  • smartgirls
    smartgirls Posts: 3 Member
    I'm starting over too. Be of good cheer, beating oneself up is not a weight loss strategy. because I worked with MFP last year I didn't add a bunch more lbs. to my weight. In fact, small victory, I kept 2 of my 10 lbs. off. I want to lose 18 lbs, and need help to keep on track. I will definitely encourage you, and share what works for me,
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    I'm already starting over and it's not even the new year. I could use some friends as well. I'm always gaining and losing and often struggling so I could use some support too and some more good friends who are in it with me through the good and the bad. :)
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    I´ve tried a lot of ways to lose weight already. From fasting over eating only raw veggies and fruits till the slim during sleep diet...
    Right now I´m trying to accept that I will ALWAYS have to keep track on what I´m eating! So what I´m doing right now is not a diet. I´m changing my lifestile! Ones and for all!

For people like us, that can´t just eat whatever they want without gaining weight, a diet won´t work. Only a different lifestyle will work.

Everybody who wants can befriend me. I´ve started about a months ago right in the Chrismas Season because I was so tired of myself! So I agree to not start on the 1st.

Start today and never stop again!!!!
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    I'm starting over again on the 1st too. I'm not using it as an excuse to pig out until the 1st, I'm still trying to make better eating decisions until then... it's more the freedom from logging... I'd become a little too obsessive over logging for my liking, and need to get out of that bad habit. I'll be doing IIFYM, just trying to make better choices over time, rather than trying to be "perfect".
  • booradley30
    booradley30 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi there. I'm new to this, and would appreciate any tips. I have 3 stone to lose before getting married in 18 months.
    Thanks
    x
  • thisisforme43
    thisisforme43 Posts: 20 Member
    Hi, I'm starting over after being stuck at the same weight for years. I can use thee friends and support.
  • hazelohoheight
    hazelohoheight Posts: 16 Member
    I am starting again too. Today is day 1 for me as well.....I had it totally under control for a year, then just slid down under....I know I need to start logging again, and to get back to exercising. That will be where I start. Good luck to you too!
  • Not to be mean (but it will sound that way), if you are serious about making a change you won't wait until some arbitrary date on a calendar. You'll start today.

Going crazy eating over the next few days because you are going to start dieting on Wednesday is like maxing out your credit cards days before you start paying off your debt.

Good luck.

This.
  • kelly81082
    kelly81082 Posts: 59 Member
    I'm also starting over and am really more determined then ever!
  • I agree with you, if you want to lose weight start now not wait til the new year. If you eat something "bad" just add it on and eat a bit less the next day. I'm starting again from TODAY!!
  • Good Morning! I'm starting over. Started eating well and logging today, and trying to learn the app on my phone and the website, and am just checking out the message boards. My husband is sick and I've been consoling myself with food so unfortunately, I'm at an all time high right now. I know I won't be of any help to him if I'm not healthy so I need to start exercising, eating better and getting the weight off. I look forward to connecting with you folks and looking for encouragement and ideas! Happy New Year!
  • Tesh25
    Tesh25 Posts: 56 Member
    Hello, I am right there with you! Feel free to add me and we can motivate and inspire each other.
  • jmatthews78
    jmatthews78 Posts: 14 Member
    Agreed! I've only been successful over the past few months because I've made a lifestyle choice. Even though I indulged over Christmas I made sensible choices on other days and maintained my exercise - even increased it slightly - and my weekly calorie average has been maintained. Don't wait until the 1st Jan - start now if you're serious.