December ladies!

Vini9
Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
Wow can you believe we are about to go into another year? For me it's depressing and exciting at them same time. Part of me is like this is going to be MY year to get some weight gone and the other part is like well that was really a trying year to lose weight. I have learned a few things though and will maybe a future post ;)
I had lost my computer for 3 weeks and had a hard time typing on my phone. It really sucked. But I manged to log my days. How I missed writing to you awesome ladies. I was really sick there for a while too. That sucked! Lol I am recovered and hopefully stronger in a healthier sense. The time off was kinda nice but I missed my workouts.
Speaking of workouts I started my program over. I am enjoying it and wanted to stick to it but would like to start from the beginning. I can't believe how much my strength has gone down and I had to go much lighter. I may have been able to do it but would have paid for it later.
As the holiday approches when will all get busier and busier. But keep pushing on ladies, we are in a routine now :) happy workouts!

Replies

• Vini9
    Just checking in ladies :)
    Well not back at it ugh, here are my excuses ;) my kids got sick, then I got sick, my little ones don't want to take naps..... My workout time, and I was so busy. One day lead to another and here I am no workouts for to long. So think I will just lower my cals for awhile and catch up with myself and jump back into it shortly after Christmas. That is my plan anyway. ;) hope you all are kicking butt and enjoying getting ready for the holidays. I know I am not ready this year. :(
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    Finally sane again! :) It's good to see the group no matter how many people are here! I've been blogging a bit on mfp and am on day 6 today.

Well, The divorce drama has died down so much that it feels like I've been single for a long time! I'm back in the game now with a clearer head and I feel as if the wind is at my back. I'm more focused now. Tomorrow is the end of my first week of Turbo Fire and I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Happy Holidays ladies!
  • cklowery36
    Btw, Vini, we're all in this together. We'll have to just change the year on the group name again or start another group, but we're making 2014 our year too!!!! We got this!
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Hi Vini! Glad to see you back Connie!

I have only worked out once this month of December. Sooo sad. 2 weeks ago, I was diagnosed with Vertigo. The meds help and I haven't worked out since. I remember I was doing Core 20 and Stretch 40. Halfway into Core 20, when the floor work started, I had terrible dizziness and had to stop. That was the last time I've attempted to work out. I'm feeling soft and fluffy and need to hit it hard again. I'll try a HIIT tomorrow (or later today, as it is Sunday already) and see how it goes.

Wishing you all and Lucy a Merry Christmas!!

Stel
  • cklowery36
    Stel! Howdy! Good to be back too!

I had gone to the doctor due to vertigo too about 2 weeks ago. He said everything look fine, gave me a prescription that I didn't fill but it was really something! Hope you're doing better!

I'm on Day 8 Turbo Fire 45 + Stretch 10

My goal is to check in more often but for now like all of you, I've got to get out of here in an hour. Later Ladies!
  • Vini9
    Merry Christmas ladies!!! Thanks for all your support and friendship. It means so much to me and I look forward to a new year with you :)
  • Vini9
    Oh and I have no idea how to change the name of our group but I think it should be just turbo fire hard bodies :)
  • cklowery36
    Happy holidays Vini & Co! I'm glad I got you gals too! :) I know I mentioned it earlier, but as long as I can find all of you, the name doesn't matter! :)

Turbo Fire Day 14: Fire 45 + Stretch 10

I spent 1 rest day and 3 active days not doing anything. I'm not upset and I won't kick myself about it. I've done my grocery shopping for food this week and I've got prep to do and I just finished my workout so I'm on a good start to my week already.

I was having a bit of discomfort in my chest on one side - nothing bad, just an irritation of the nerves that was a problem about 2 years ago. I learned my lesson last time: no jumping! If I feel I need to stay low impact now, I do! I was able to finish the both workouts without discomfort and still maintain an effective level of intensity.

Well tomorrow's workout? Fire 45 EZ + Stretch 10.

Hope you had a happy holiday!
  • cklowery36
    Today was Turbo Fire Day 16: Fire 45EZ + Stretch 10

I'm a little blah all of a sudden. The nerve irritation on my left side started to get a bit active. The feelings I felt two years ago before going to the hospital were in my head. I was reliving the fears of not being able to workout again. I've been scared that this would happen again. I stopped working out at the 30 minute mark. The stretch will have to come tonight.

I know there's saying. Those who want to find a way, those who don't find an excuse. However, there is a crossroad everyone comes to where one must ask if it's worth it. My mind has been asking me "what are you doing here?" I've been doing this so much off and on that I'm wondering if any of my efforts are worth it. I've never been consistent in fitness or nutrition. All I could do through my year during the divorce was maintain which was a miracle by itself. I honestly don't see myself making any changes for the better. I can't see the weight loss, inch loss, nothing. Today, there's no fire anymore.

I could use a bit of a push. Until then I'll mellow out and focus on good food.

Tomorrow HIIT 25 + Stretch 10
  • lucy_878
    lucy_878 Posts: 91 Member
    Hello ladies! Happy Holidays! I got focus t25 for Christmas. I am previewing it now. I am going on the 10 week challenge starting 1/5/14. I pray that the New Year is a healthy and happy year for us all. CK I have been watching you with the blog. Awesome! Stel hope you are better soon. Vini , you will recoup too! 2014 here we come!
  • cklowery36
    Hey Lucy! Thanks! Good luck with the Focus T25!
    Stel, you feel better! I should be checking on you too! Sorry about that :(

I already started the January thread so I'll be on that one!

Happy New Year!