I confess- Single Peeps version

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I confess so my job made me wear heels today cause I'm supposed to look professional and apperantly my sneaker weren't doing it lol. Problem is I'm 5'9 to begin with so now I'm about 6 ft tall lol.. I feel like the jolly green giant

Just remember that all us shorties will be looking up to you for insperiation. :)

Yep! I'm looking up to you too Jen. Hope it's going well, and you could buy professional flats that aren't sneakers......lol ;)
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    I confess I haven't had ONE date in 2013 and I am hoping 2014 is more prosperous!
  • Sweetestthing87
    A couple of months ago I broke things off with a really nice guy because there just wasn't any spark for me.

Today I got dumped for the same reason.

That's the worst, especially when it's unexpected. Someone told me recently that it's super rare that two people who are at the same point in their lives meet, and even more rare that they click. The timing thing seems to be what screws up the almost-perfect ones.

OUCH! On to the next one and best of luck!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Finally got back to the gym today after about a month and a half hiatus (stupid grad. school). Well, I left with a slight headache, which is nothing unusual for me because I get exercise-induced migraines. I drank a bottle of Coke plus a bottle of Lipton iced tea because caffeine usually helps kick my headaches, but, it got worse and worse until I started teaching at 5pm. After a while I gave my students a writing task and said, "I'll be back in a couple minutes." I went into the teacher's room, got a glass of water, sat down, and could barely move. I started shaking and crying... it felt like I was being stabbed in the eyeballs. A couple of the other teachers went and got me some tablets, and I took one, but I couldn't open my eyes it hurt so bad :( They asked the director if I could go home - despite my protests against this idea - but she said, "just drink more water". WTF?! Well, I had to go back and teach, but I just sat there and gave my students the answers for the stuff we were supposed to be doing... After a little while longer I said, "I'll be right back again", went into the teacher's room, and thankfully made it into the bathroom before throwing up (thank GOD only one other person was in there, and it wasn't the hottie). I started feeling better during my next class, but apparently I looked like *kitten* because when I got home I had a message on VK (Russian Facebook) from one of my students telling me to go to the doctor, haha.

It was a miserable day.
  • bregalad5
    Merry Christmas from the surprisingly warm and not snowy MOCKBA (Moskva/Moscow)!

621714_740934794574_481874434_o.jpg
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    I confess I have lived by myself too long. I am getting annoyed with my dad for "helping out" around the house. I came home on christmas eve and he was cleaning, he had moved all my things around and I couldn't find anything. He also doesn't put keys back on the key hooks so I almost locked us out of my house as I grabbed the wrong key, thankfully it was the garage key and I hadn't locked the door from the garage to the house.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    I confess I haven't had ONE date in 2013 and I am hoping 2014 is more prosperous!

Same here, none in 2013, probably some in 2014, I haven't been looking really :laugh:

I confess that i'm looking forward to celebrate new year's eve with friends for the first time in my life (I usually go to family evenings, but not this year, saw my family at Christmas)
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member

Same here, none in 2013, probably some in 2014, I haven't been looking really :laugh:

I confess I just stalked both of your MFP profiles and you both are so pretty I can't imagine the no dates means no interest. Best wishes to you both in 2014!!
  • Sweetestthing87

I confess I just stalked both of your MFP profiles and you both are so pretty I can't imagine the no dates means no interest. Best wishes to you both in 2014!!

Temporalia: Surely I thought I was the only one! ;) I am also spending it with friends! I typically stay home but not this year!

JanieJack: Super sweet and thank you. I wish I could pin point what it was exactly. Interest/Confidence/Time? I need to find these things if I want anything to change. Cheers to a fresh new year!
  • Temporalia

Thanks :blushing: there's no interest on my part for now, but i'm sure once I get into it, it won't be too bad, i'm just not there yet :laugh:
  • Temporalia

Temporalia: Surely I thought I was the only one! ;) I am also spending it with friends! I typically stay home but not this year!

JanieJack: Super sweet and thank you. I wish I could pin point what it was exactly. Interest/Confidence/Time? I need to find these things if I want anything to change. Cheers to a fresh new year!

Nope not the only one and I intend to have a blast and dance all night :)
  • bregalad5
    <- picture of me from last night. Had such a wonderful time! I feel so lucky :) Here's the video I took of the fireworks display in Red Square in case anyone wants to see: http://youtu.be/RI7e7pGpolU
  • MissingMinnesota
    <- picture of me from last night. Had such a wonderful time! I feel so lucky :) Here's the video I took of the fireworks display in Red Square in case anyone wants to see: http://youtu.be/RI7e7pGpolU

That had to be an awesome experiance.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Ruth - your new pic is super cute!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Ruth - your new pic is super cute!

Thanks I was just slightly drunk as it was about 10 mins to the New Year.
  • MissingMinnesota
    I confess that I have fallen into the supernatural fandom. Makes me feel like a 12 year old girl.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    I confess so my job made me wear heels today cause I'm supposed to look professional and apperantly my sneaker weren't doing it lol. Problem is I'm 5'9 to begin with so now I'm about 6 ft tall lol.. I feel like the jolly green giant

My little sister, who is about 1/4 inch shy of 6 foot, wears high heels all the time (and I mean HIGH heels). She's a junior doctor, and says it's great, because it means she's either taller than, or at least on a level with, most of the male doctors and patients, many of whom are still misogynistic beyond belief about female medics, and can either eyeball them without being at a height-disadvantage, or look down at them from a lofty height and put them on the back foot because they have to look up to speak to her! The point is, don't feel bad about it - use it an advantage!
  • MissingMinnesota
    I confess that I couldn't find the "delete profile" button on POFs ap so I just deleted all the stuff I typed so right now it's just pictures and I am now getting a bunch of messages (from guys that I would never consider) but that proves that guys don't read profiles.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    I confess I feel twirly on boobie Friday!!
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    ETA: ^^ Holy cleavage!!!

I confess that tomorrow my girlfriend and I have decided to finally sit down and figure out what is going to happen with us in regards to our relationship. She is taking a job overseas for 6 months. We have to figure out if we plan to stick it out, or just break up and leave that door open in case we cross paths again. Ugh...